Top QB's this year in '07

I have heard it will be one of 3 people:

1) Cody Reardon-sr.-A transfer from New Richmond (OH). Supposedly started there since frosh year. most likely to start, in my opinion.

2) Jeff West- sr.- started at qb for jv, he has an ok arm ran more than threw. will probably be the backup and a starting wr for the indians.

3) Markel Walker-so.- led the frosh team to a 10-0 season. He is extemely fast and has an above average arm, however he will probably need another year before he can take over the varsity qb spot.

As far as wr i know it will probably be jeff west, after him it could be any of about 8-10 people

If Cody Reardon is now at Holy Cross , my pick would be him for the starting QB spot ! The kid has a cannon and run's the ball well ! That would be a BIG PLUS for HC's Team and they could keep West at WR with his speed . Cody is a proven Varsity QB and has no problem running the " O " ! Wow , HC could be fun to watch this year !:thumb:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cody Reardon is now at Holy Cross , my pick would be him for the starting QB spot ! The kid has a cannon and run's the ball well ! That would be a BIG PLUS for HC's Team and they could keep West at WR with his speed . Cody is a proven Varsity QB and has no problem running the " O " ! Wow , HC could be fun to watch this year !:thumb:

Cody is the real deal, his dad has done a good job grooming him into a nice QB with a way above average arm. Not to mention he has a heck of a leg as a punter.

West was a WR in youth Fball, QB as a freshman and WR (varsity) as a soph. Did QB on JV his soph yr., but not by design. They had a JV QB who got hurt.

West is 6'2", 185 lb, and 4.5 speed w/ good hands and would be the QB if Cody wasn't at HC.

Hands down, Cody will be the starting QB, punter and maybe the place kicker!

i have also heard that his dad might be in charge of hc's offense

Is he gone from New Richmond ? J Reardon is a great coach , both he and Cody should be great pick-ups for HC ! I've had the pleasure of working with both of them . :thumb: I forgot about Cody punting the ball , very strong leg . I would put him in the same league with Bleser from CCH !

Anybody that Trinity puts in the starting line up.... Year after year, Trinity always finds the right young man to step up and play QB. This year will be no different. Whom ever this might be, I would suspect that he will be one of the top QB's in all of Jefferson Co.

I do believe that the player in question here would be Will Stein. At least that is what I have heard...

The best of the best 1. EJ Fields - Frankfort...tremendous athlete with great feet...needs to work on passing game...but that will come...just a great upside to this kid...very dangerous in open field.

2. TJ Pryor...Ballard...big time arm who can also beat you with his feet...though not as fast as Fields...3 sport athlete...Basketball and track as well...plays in a passing offense...throws very well outside the pocket...

3. Matthews...Shelby County...excellent arm strength who is limited by type of offense(wing-t)...pocket passer...given time will give a defense fits...

The big thing is that all three are just great humble kids.

I like the prospects of senior QB Trent Steelman at BGHS. He had the single greatest season for passing in BGHS history last year (admittedly, BGHS has a history of not throwing the ball much, but he gave the Purples an excellent passing game last year, especially with the receivers he had!). This year, he is throwing to two excellent receivers in WR D.L. Moore and TE Ryan Wallace, both seniors. He is also very proficient in running the Veer offense and can rip off a long run. He will, before the season comes to an end, hold just about all of BGHS's passing records. He is being looked at by several colleges.

Can't wait to see him hit the field and air it out some this fall!:D

I heard he's faster than Petrino.

What is your hang up about Stein being faster than Petrino? As state before, Stein has his own style and has been able to get the job done in the past. I might have stretched it when I mention Vic, but it really doesn't matter who is faster, does it?

What is your hang up about Stein being faster than Petrino? As state before, Stein has his own style and has been able to get the job done in the past. I might have stretched it when I mention Vic, but it really doesn't matter who is faster, does it?

Petrino has his own style too. The play-calling is to the strength of the QB. That's why I was wondering. It's not a hang-up, just a mental preview of what's to come of young William.

The quarterback at Hopkinsville Marshall Stewart a 6'2 180 jr. can do it all. He is an honor student and a leader .

He will likely struggle somewhat the first 2-3 games but once the game slows down mentally for him he has the arm and physicallity to be a winning QB.

Started last year at DE and saw significant QB play in 3 games last year.