Top QB's this year in '07

What is the advantage to turning in bad stats? It doesn't make any sense. I could understand if they were inflating the stats but in this case this case they aren't.

Same reason you don't see weekly baseball stats.......... gameplanning and tendencies. How many coaches do you know that put in the real heights and weights of players in their game programs? That is why only 144 of 223 schools even filed stats with KHSAA. Coaches know they could be fudged either way. Go to KHSAA and click on 2006 scoreboard and click where it says schools that filed reports under the green pulldown menu. The real stats are in the coach's filing cabinet somewhere unless you break down the film yourself play-by-play like I have for Richie. :sssh:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying that you are wrong, but the stats were turned in after their lost in the playoffs. It says he played 11 games. The coaches need to get it right because college coaches will see this as official. Coach B or someone on his staff is who would have turned them in.

College coaches will get it from the Head man. They don't give a hoot about stats. They want to see you on film and then see you at their summer camps. ;)

Anybody that Trinity puts in the starting line up.... Year after year, Trinity always finds the right young man to step up and play QB. This year will be no different. Whom ever this might be, I would suspect that he will be one of the top QB's in all of Jefferson Co.

My understanding about Bricking and last year...some of the coaches changed the way he was throwing the ball and this seemed to create some accuracy problems. I know that he has been working hard in the off season and has gotten back to his old ways and should be a threat this year along with his receivers and the entire Dixie team! Go Colonels!

I wonder why they tried changing that? IMO, he needs to work on his footwork and vision. Plus, his receivers need to work on route running to get more separation.

Same reason you don't see weekly baseball stats.......... gameplanning and tendencies. How many coaches do you know that put in the real heights and weights of players in their game programs? That is why only 144 of 223 schools even filed stats with KHSAA. Coaches know they could be fudged either way. Go to KHSAA and click on 2006 scoreboard and click where it says schools that filed reports under the green pulldown menu. The real stats are in the coach's filing cabinet somewhere unless you break down the film yourself play-by-play like I have for Richie. :sssh:[.All schools trade film anymore so looking at true or false stats would have nothing to do with game planning and tendencies. I would say of the 144 schools turning in stats 99% are pretty accurate.....I have turned in stats before and it takes time to calculate week to week, log in and fill in #'s. I cant see anyone purposely filling in incorrect stats to throw off the competition. If the stats filled in are incorrect I would havve to think it was on accident.

Same reason you don't see weekly baseball stats.......... gameplanning and tendencies. How many coaches do you know that put in the real heights and weights of players in their game programs? That is why only 144 of 223 schools even filed stats with KHSAA. Coaches know they could be fudged either way. Go to KHSAA and click on 2006 scoreboard and click where it says schools that filed reports under the green pulldown menu. The real stats are in the coach's filing cabinet somewhere unless you break down the film yourself play-by-play like I have for Richie. :sssh:[.All schools trade film anymore so looking at true or false stats would have nothing to do with game planning and tendencies. I would say of the 144 schools turning in stats 99% are pretty accurate.....I have turned in stats before and it takes time to calculate week to week, log in and fill in #'s. I cant see anyone purposely filling in incorrect stats to throw off the competition. If the stats filled in are incorrect I would havve to think it was on accident.

That's a lot of accidents when only 2/3rds of the schools report anyway. We all know that coaches usually don't try to get an edge any way they can. That is why all those heights and weights are 100% accurate in the game programs too. I am sure that there are some newbie or younger coaches that dot the I's and cross all the T's. Not trying to change your mind coach, just telling it like it is where I coach from. By the way any coaches ever get game film from rival schools that are filmed from the stands by, based on the quality of the film, one of the opposing coach's 5 year olds?????Good luck.:laugh:

Is this going to be a down year for QBs in Kentucky? I have not heard of any Nick Petrino's, Kaelin Ammon's, Justin Burke's, and many others from the past couple years. What I mean is there are no big names that are getting a lot of attention. The QB from Frankfort sounds like he is the real deal, but will he play QB in college?

Steven Ferguson from Eastern is a heck of an athlete. He certainly is a double threat. He is being recruited as an "athlete" because he is not your typical pocket passer.He is dangerous on the move and an excellent option QB. Matthews from Shelby Co. is just the opposite. He has very good pocket pressence and throws an accurate ball. Pryor from Ballard is a combo of the above mentioned. Good arm, can run if needed.

I was very impressed with Shelby County's qb two years ago. I assume it's this Matthews you speak of, because he would've been a sophomore then. He had good size, a strong arm, and was pretty mobile from what I recall.

College coaches will get it from the Head man. They don't give a hoot about stats. They want to see you on film and then see you at their summer camps. ;)

I could not agree with you more. The college coaches that are calling and the ones who called last year did not ask anything about stats - they want film and want to know if you can attend one of their camps or attend their "Junior Day." They usually send a blank VHS tape and ask for 2 games from the 2007 season. (I would add they are definately interested in the GPA.)

EJ Fields of Frankfort..........nuff said........that kid is a beast.............also watch the stats for the Perry kid at Boyle Co. They will be very good as well. The Rebels have a thing for turning out pretty good qb's the past 10 years or so.

FAST FAST FAST and did I mention evasive. Almost at sub 11 - 10.9 100 speed and watched him toy with people in the 400 the other day. Just glad we do not have to deal with him anymore. Super nice kid! Would not suprise me if he runs track and not even mess w/ football.

If you like a "Vick" style Qb the Welch kid from Carroll although not as fast as Fields, has strong feet and arm and can move an offense.

Anyone know who is going to QB (Cov.) Holy Cross and who do they have to throw to?

I have heard it will be one of 3 people:

1) Cody Reardon-sr.-A transfer from New Richmond (OH). Supposedly started there since frosh year. most likely to start, in my opinion.

2) Jeff West- sr.- started at qb for jv, he has an ok arm ran more than threw. will probably be the backup and a starting wr for the indians.

3) Markel Walker-so.- led the frosh team to a 10-0 season. He is extemely fast and has an above average arm, however he will probably need another year before he can take over the varsity qb spot.

As far as wr i know it will probably be jeff west, after him it could be any of about 8-10 people