Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top QB's this year in '07

Featured Replies

And that is ashame. I do hope and I think Curtis will change things around. Or, if he wishes, he could transfer to a different school and seat out for one year. All in all, he will be a top ten QB in the state next year.

 

I know their is an under-noticed QB at McCreary Central. His name is Chris Hale and he will be a 3rd year starter as a senior this year. I watched two of Mccreary centrals games last year and this kid threw the ball extremely well in both games. I also was able to see him during a 7 on 7 camp at KY. Chritian College this year and he was impressive their as well. The Raiders were beating everyone with Hale connecting with his two favorite targets sophmore Aaron Watts and Senior Anthony Musgrove, both of whom was equally impressive as well. The Raiders went 5-5 last year and seem to be steadily improving each year. However, they are back in district play this year and it is a tough district (4-7,Bell Co. Rockcastle, Madison Southern and Knox Central). Also their non-district schedule is pretty tough with the likes of Leslie Co., Williamsburg, Oneida Tn., and Campbellsville. If this kid can put up some descent numbers this year he should get some recognition. He has some very talented recievers and the Raiders will have 3 senior running backs that are all quality kids so they should be able to mix things up some. They are returning all of their offensive line except one at the center position and they have an upcoming junior who is pretty good ready to fill that spot. They did however lose several seniors off of their defense and had an upcoming sophmore LB/FB (named Ryan Harlow) who has supposedly moved to Johnson Central. Harlow will be a big loss for the Raiders (presently and in future) seeing how he started both ways as a freshmen and was won of the teams leading tacklers. However, there are some quality kids stepping into the vacated positions on defense so they should still be solid. The Raider team is relatively young (4 senior starters on OFF and the same 4 will play Def.). Although, the Raiders did have some ego problems last year because they had talent at all of the skilled positions and everyone wanted the ball and this probably costed the them a game or two. However, I have heard that Senior WR. Anthony Musgrove, Sophmore WR. Aaron Watts, and Senior QB Chris Hale has stepped up as leaders during the offseason and now has the entire Raider squad on the same page for the upcoming season. I for one am very interested in seeing how Chris Hale and the Raiders fair this year. I bet Coach Gay and his staff are excited about this season.

 

 

 

:dancingpa

  • Replies 125
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan Grandon from North Oldham is a kid that should be a stud this year. This will be his 4th year starting (if he's still starting I haven't seen him in a year or so).

Is this going to be a down year for QBs in Kentucky? I have not heard of any Nick Petrino's, Kaelin Ammon's, Justin Burke's, and many others from the past couple years. What I mean is there are no big names that are getting a lot of attention. The QB from Frankfort sounds like he is the real deal, but will he play QB in college?

 

EJ will more than likely play db or receiver. He does not throw the ball very much. Not saying he can not. But with wheels like his I would run him also. Coach Buckett could best answer the question!

It is my understanding that he and his dad took an apartment in the NR school district so he could play for his dad so there would be a change of address back to his original home. I have also heard he has already been cleared.

 

I'm not sure of the circumstances Coach Reardon left NR, but I did hear it wasn't a pleasant one. I don't think Coach Reardon had any intent to develope Cody at NR then pull him and enroll him at HC. As a father he wanted to coach his son and things didn't work out. With Cody being a kid, I'm sure things would have been awkward. Would Cody have gotten a fair shake at NR? Anyway Coach Reardon got a coaching job at HC and his mother's been a teacher there for years. Cody could have enrolled ANYWHERE in NKY and been the starting QB the 2007-2008 yr.. This is a good move and a great fit for HC. BEST OF LUCK CODY!!!!

This is not legal in KY. You have to make a bona fide move which does not include still owning property where you left. So if this was reversed and they tried to come from IN, he would have not been allowed to play. I can not rent an apartment(still owning my home) in another city(NKY) for my child to play somewhere else w/out having to sit out for one yr. I don't even think they would be declared after that one yr if I still owned the home.

 

Like I said, this is an odd situation and if he has been cleared already w/school just getting out then HC must have someone very high up w/the KHSAA to get an answer back already. I know of a few bball players that transferred and they did not get an answer until Oct and the papers were submitted in June.

 

If he is eligible due to his father getting an asst. coaching job, I might look into getting an asst coaching job to allow my child to transfer also.

 

 

I do not know what the KHSAA rules are regarding this, I was simply passing along info that I had received from a relaiable friend.

Johnson Central's JK Ratliff has the ability to produce big numbers if given to opportunity to do so. Rocket arm with D-1 size. I believe Coach Matney will open up the playbook with a year of valuable experience of reading defenses and coverage schemes under Ratliffs belt and the numerous numbers of playmakers that JC can put out at WR. Dont expect to see it early but you will see it throughtout the season.

 

Also Clay County's Zach Lewis had a huge year last year, dont expect that to change. He is a tremendous talent that will draw more state wide attention this year.

I'm not sure of the circumstances Coach Reardon left NR, but I did hear it wasn't a pleasant one. I don't think Coach Reardon had any intent to develope Cody at NR then pull him and enroll him at HC. As a father he wanted to coach his son and things didn't work out. With Cody being a kid, I'm sure things would have been awkward. Would Cody have gotten a fair shake at NR? Anyway Coach Reardon got a coaching job at HC and his mother's been a teacher there for years. Cody could have enrolled ANYWHERE in NKY and been the starting QB the 2007-2008 yr.. This is a good move and a great fit for HC. BEST OF LUCK CODY!!!!

 

 

I still ask, how can this young man be eligible? It is my understanding, reading the HC thread, that the family has always lived in NKY so therefore, where is the "bona fide" move? Just because the parents are both employed at HC now does not make the boy eligible.

 

Where are all the experts when you need them?

I do not know what the KHSAA rules are regarding this, I was simply passing along info that I had received from a relaiable friend.

 

3PT is correct on the rule. I know nothing about this particular situation other than its been OK'd by the state.

EJ will more than likely play db or receiver. He does not throw the ball very much. Not saying he can not. But with wheels like his I would run him also. Coach Buckett could best answer the question!

 

EJ Fileds is an athlete at QB. He has a nice arm and can throw. He hasn't had to throw much because of the guys around hm. Look for him to throw it more this year.

 

He as 9- D-1 offers and only one of those schools said he would play some QB.

 

Look for him to play Safety or RB in college.

Johnson Central's JK Ratliff has the ability to produce big numbers if given to opportunity to do so. Rocket arm with D-1 size. I believe Coach Matney will open up the playbook with a year of valuable experience of reading defenses and coverage schemes under Ratliffs belt and the numerous numbers of playmakers that JC can put out at WR. Dont expect to see it early but you will see it throughtout the season.

 

Also Clay County's Zach Lewis had a huge year last year, dont expect that to change. He is a tremendous talent that will draw more state wide attention this year.

I'm glad to see someone from another county give the Lewis kid some credit. The coaches who have seen him certainly agree with you. He is talented and knows the game. It wouldn't matter what system he is in, he can throw the pigskin.

I would expect South Laurel's Ricky Bowling to have a big year again.

Clint Cashen of Corbin and the kid from Lone Oak should be the top two.

Bowling, South Laurel, and Lewis, Clay County, are both better than Cashen. Bowling has beat Corbin the last two years and Lewis' numbers are much better. Cashen is good but Redhound fans need to get realistic. Frazier at Williamsburg was better last year. The Morgan kid from Leslie County throws a better ball.

clay cecil off HHS is a good QB and unlike last year really has a recieving core that can catch even though there arent big names... Simons will be a returning starter and played mostly D last yr, also same situation with bathiany, and jurgens is at TE and has caught the ball, also recievers jim hall, dan court are not big but can be good, also a TE just moved to reciever terry obrian and that guy can flat out catch the ball

PM08...welcome! Did not know O'B went to wide out. Sparky Draper, SR, will also be a big target for Cecil. Also, I was impressed with the "young guys": Rosenhagen, Collinsworth, and Roller. Technique/hands-wise: they are all good. Size-wise: Roller is ready, C-Worth is close, Rosey might be a year away. Young Will Bardo, So QB, will benefit from the experience these guys get this year...and next. Sleeper pick reciever: Jake Turner, JR! Nice size, good hands, basketball instincts ( go up and "rebound" a ball), good speed, and most important...still improving! Will be interesting to watch the back-up QB battle this year. Tony Guidugli looks absolutely brilliant, at times, then he'll revert to a ..."less than brilliant" version. Boyz got a cannon, though!

I still ask, how can this young man be eligible? It is my understanding, reading the HC thread, that the family has always lived in NKY so therefore, where is the "bona fide" move? Just because the parents are both employed at HC now does not make the boy eligible.

 

Where are all the experts when you need them?

 

Sorry I edited and decided not to post.

I still ask, how can this young man be eligible? It is my understanding, reading the HC thread, that the family has always lived in NKY so therefore, where is the "bona fide" move? Just because the parents are both employed at HC now does not make the boy eligible.

 

Where are all the experts when you need them?

 

I guess it's obvious I was misinformed because there are others on the thread that know more than I do about the situation. I am not close to the situation nor have I seen the Reardon's since his 8th grade yr. I did hear that there was a place of residence in NR. His dad was in a situation at NR and instead of putting Cody in a BAD situation, they thought they would transfer to HC. Other kids in the area transfer because they're not getting playing time or the parents don't like the coach, etc. etc. etc. As far as I know.....this is a bona fide move. It must be....the KHSAA said so. This is a kid who wants to play and get a good education. I guess for any answers, need to contact KHSAA, HC, Coach Kozerski, or the Reardon's. Maybe the circumstances was different in this case then others.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.