Top QB's this year in '07

It is hard for a player who only had 569 yards passing and 7 TDs with 6 interceptions in 11 games last year to get a lot of attention. If those #s are true, then he is a stud and will soon be getting a lot of attention.

You might want to recheck your data with Coach Buchanan from Mason County. Richie had a miniscus problem 2 weeks prior to the season. He had surgery rehabbed and started in 8 games. He played 2 quarters the 1st game versus Lafayette and almost pulled out the win. He played 3 quarters versus Montgomery and pulled out the win then started the last 8 games. His stats last year - Passing - 73 of 132 for 980 yards 7TDs, 6 ints / Rushing - 106 rushes for 668 yards 3 TDs. This coming off of a sophomore year in which he was forced to sit as a transfer student. Not to mention he is only 16 years old. Ask anyone in Mason County the numbers are true. :ylsuper:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were coaching this beast, I believe I would have him playing another position. Those numbers in the weightroom do not sound like a quarterback to me.

Is he flexible enough to throw the ball?

He had 6 ints this past year with 7 tds. 3 of his ints came in his first game back from surgery vs. Lafayette last year. Prior to that he sat out his sophomore year as a transfer student. Richie is being recruited for QB or SS by colleges. I won't quote stats for baseball until the season is over but he does have 10 homeruns for Mason this year. He plays CF. He's an athlete.

Awesome numbers.You would think with #'s, size and schools like that he would be listed in rivals recruiting data base.

I'm not sure why he is off radar. His Columbus Nike combine numbers weren't listed because he wasn't happy with his 40 time(scratched), even though his Sparq rating would be a 78.87 which would have been about 10th or 11th in the nation for QB's. His combine scores were Pro Shuttle - 4.31, Verticle - 31.6, Bench - 185 for 25 reps. He usually hits around 4.7 40. But ran a 4.578 and 4.56 last week when the coaches were testing.

Steven Ferguson from Eastern is a heck of an athlete. He certainly is a double threat. He is being recruited as an "athlete" because he is not your typical pocket passer.He is dangerous on the move and an excellent option QB. Matthews from Shelby Co. is just the opposite. He has very good pocket pressence and throws an accurate ball. Pryor from Ballard is a combo of the above mentioned. Good arm, can run if needed.

welcome to the site Orca1!

Colby Fugate from Breathitt should have his best year. Being a senior with the a group of hard working skilled position core, should make for easy pickings for this kid. He had a standout tightend in Ryan Allen(who will be a junior) a 5'6 wide out that runs a 4.5 and a heck of a route runner in rusty herald, a good slot reciever in Wes Epperson who with time finds a hole in the defense. 2 really good backs in Chris Jackson and Channing Fugate. With that beings said this kid has plenty of targets to give the ball too. I honestly expect him to be the best quarter back in eastern kentucky next season. He is every bit of 6'4, and roughly 185-190 lbs. He is a very smart player when it comes to football, he is truely a student of the game. And who better to learn from than Mike Holcomb. Remember the name Colby Fugate next year, you will hear it alot.

You might want to recheck your data with Coach Buchanan from Mason County. Richie had a miniscus problem 2 weeks prior to the season. He had surgery rehabbed and started in 8 games. He played 2 quarters the 1st game versus Lafayette and almost pulled out the win. He played 3 quarters versus Montgomery and pulled out the win then started the last 8 games. His stats last year - Passing - 73 of 132 for 980 yards 7TDs, 6 ints / Rushing - 106 rushes for 668 yards 3 TDs. This coming off of a sophomore year in which he was forced to sit as a transfer student. Not to mention he is only 16 years old. Ask anyone in Mason County the numbers are true. :ylsuper:

Here is the link to the KHSAA and the stats turned in by Mason County. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb6?id=stats_22589

I believe it says that he played 11 games.

My understanding about Bricking and last year...some of the coaches changed the way he was throwing the ball and this seemed to create some accuracy problems. I know that he has been working hard in the off season and has gotten back to his old ways and should be a threat this year along with his receivers and the entire Dixie team! Go Colonels!

Here is the link to the KHSAA and the stats turned in by Mason County. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb6?id=stats_22589

I believe it says that he played 11 games.

Do you honestly believe those stats the coaches are supposed to turn in? Half the coaches do not turn them in. The other half are bogus. Again ask Coach B. or I have the game film if you want to break them down. He started 8 and played in 8 and 3 quarters. :thumb:

Do you honestly believe those stats the coaches are supposed to turn in? Half the coaches do not turn them in. The other half are bogus. Again ask Coach B. or I have the game film if you want to break them down. He started 8 and played in 8 and 3 quarters. :thumb:

I am not saying that you are wrong, but the stats were turned in after their lost in the playoffs. It says he played 11 games. The coaches need to get it right because college coaches will see this as official. Coach B or someone on his staff is who would have turned them in.

What is the advantage to turning in bad stats? It doesn't make any sense. I could understand if they were inflating the stats but in this case this case they aren't.