+

14 and 1 as an '05 Varsity Sophomore

+

9 and 3 as an '06 Varsity Junior

=

32 and 5 in 3 years!

Now that's impressive!

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

Who was the opposing team from those five loses?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been approved to play. His family did move back to KY from Ohio. I hear he has a rocket arm and leg.

I was under the impression that they have lived in NKY and both son/father comuted each day. In the Holy Cross thread it is said that they have lived in NKY there whole life and the son went to HC K-8 before following his father to New Richmond. It is told that the mother teaches at HC. The father has been hired as an asst. coach. This is all from that HC thread.

If in fact, and I am taking your word for it, the KHSAA has already declared this young man eligible that is the quickest the KHSAA has ever ruled on a transfer student in the last 5 yrs.

10 and 0 as an '04 Freshman

+

8 and 1 as an '05 JV Sophomore

+

14 and 1 as an '05 Varsity Sophomore

+

9 and 3 as an '06 Varsity Junior

=

32 and 5 in 3 years!

Now that's impressive!

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

How does one start JV and Varsity during one year of school? :confused:

Bryan Hynes at Fern Creek will be one of the better QB's in the state. He is just a sophmore but started 9 games varsity last year as a freshman and ended up with 198 yard per game average, which I pretty sure put him in the top 10 in 4A statewide. Hes 6'4 and has the best "touch" I have seen in a long, long time, and his arm is a cannon.

Bryan Hynes at Fern Creek will be one of the better QB's in the state. He is just a sophmore but started 9 games varsity last year as a freshman and ended up with 198 yard per game average, which I pretty sure put him in the top 10 in 4A statewide. Hes 6'4 and has the best "touch" I have seen in a long, long time, and his arm is a cannon.

Top 10 as a sophmore, don't think so. Coach Higgins isn't saying that.

Top 10 as a sophmore, don't think so. Coach Higgins isn't saying that.

Next time you might want to read the post before you respond, I didn't say he was in the top 10 as a sophmore, I said he finished his freshman year ranked in the top 10 in yards per game, that is a fact not speculation, if Coach Higgins isn't saying he has a great QB he is either the only coach in Jefferson County saying he doesn't or he doesn't know how to judge talent. I have a difficult time believing either.

Check out the link he finished LAST SEASON ranked 7th in Yards per game! I knew it had to be in the top 10 just not sure where.. also noticed he had 120 completions as a Freshman, how many other freshman have EVER done that? I have seen this kid play since he was 9 or 10 years old, if he isn't one of the best in the state this season he has either stopped trying or the new coaching isn't up to snuff....

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats4.htm

Next time you might want to read the post before you respond, I didn't say he was in the top 10 as a sophmore, I said he finished his freshman year ranked in the top 10 in yards per game, that is a fact not speculation, if Coach Higgins isn't saying he has a great QB he is either the only coach in Jefferson County saying he doesn't or he doesn't know how to judge talent. I have a difficult time believing either.

Check out the link he finished LAST SEASON ranked 7th in Yards per game! I knew it had to be in the top 10 just not sure where.. also noticed he had 120 completions as a Freshman, how many other freshman have EVER done that? I have seen this kid play since he was 9 or 10 years old, if he isn't one of the best in the state this season he has either stopped trying or the new coaching isn't up to snuff....

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats4.htm

I'm sure there are a few freshman each year who has 120 completions on the freshman level. Fern Creek had no choice last year to start this kid, so he got the benefit of passing stats most juniors would enjoy. Coach Higgins doesn't brag, that's why you don't hear anything from him. There are other intangibles to the game this kid needs to learn and that's where maturity comes into play. I wish him the best.

I was under the impression that they have lived in NKY and both son/father comuted each day. In the Holy Cross thread it is said that they have lived in NKY there whole life and the son went to HC K-8 before following his father to New Richmond. It is told that the mother teaches at HC. The father has been hired as an asst. coach. This is all from that HC thread.

If in fact, and I am taking your word for it, the KHSAA has already declared this young man eligible that is the quickest the KHSAA has ever ruled on a transfer student in the last 5 yrs.

It is my understanding that he and his dad took an apartment in the NR school district so he could play for his dad so there would be a change of address back to his original home. I have also heard he has already been cleared.

I'm sure there are a few freshman each year who has 120 completions on the freshman level. Fern Creek had no choice last year to start this kid, so he got the benefit of passing stats most juniors would enjoy. Coach Higgins doesn't brag, that's why you don't hear anything from him. There are other intangibles to the game this kid needs to learn and that's where maturity comes into play. I wish him the best.

Well unfortunately the culture of that team has not been conducive to anyones maturity level increasing for a couple years now, that is why I was hoping this kid landed at Trinity.

Now though hopefully Higgins changes that, he will certainly have some "undoing" to accomplish. When this kid was a senior in the optimist league there was no better leader than he was. I might be biased because one of his coaches there is a good friend of mine, but they gave him the responsibility of leading his team, they didn't just tell him it was his job, go do it, they explained what was expected and he delivered. The FC staff didn't do that last year and that put the kid in a spot, not many juniors and seniors on that team liked the idea of answering to their 14yr old quarterback when he tried to be a leader. Unfortunately from what I hear he sort of took the "if you can't beat them, join them" route....

Well unfortunately the culture of that team has not been conducive to anyones maturity level increasing for a couple years now, that is why I was hoping this kid landed at Trinity.

Now though hopefully Higgins changes that, he will certainly have some "undoing" to accomplish. When this kid was a senior in the optimist league there was no better leader than he was. I might be biased because one of his coaches there is a good friend of mine, but they gave him the responsibility of leading his team, they didn't just tell him it was his job, go do it, they explained what was expected and he delivered. The FC staff didn't do that last year and that put the kid in a spot, not many juniors and seniors on that team liked the idea of answering to their 14yr old quarterback when he tried to be a leader. Unfortunately from what I hear he sort of took the "if you can't beat them, join them" route....

And that is ashame. I do hope and I think Curtis will change things around. Or, if he wishes, he could transfer to a different school and seat out for one year. All in all, he will be a top ten QB in the state next year.

It is my understanding that he and his dad took an apartment in the NR school district so he could play for his dad so there would be a change of address back to his original home. I have also heard he has already been cleared.

This is not legal in KY. You have to make a bona fide move which does not include still owning property where you left. So if this was reversed and they tried to come from IN, he would have not been allowed to play. I can not rent an apartment(still owning my home) in another city(NKY) for my child to play somewhere else w/out having to sit out for one yr. I don't even think they would be declared after that one yr if I still owned the home.

Like I said, this is an odd situation and if he has been cleared already w/school just getting out then HC must have someone very high up w/the KHSAA to get an answer back already. I know of a few bball players that transferred and they did not get an answer until Oct and the papers were submitted in June.

If he is eligible due to his father getting an asst. coaching job, I might look into getting an asst coaching job to allow my child to transfer also.