Everything posted by Lexfball
-
Dunbar 7 on 7
Clark Co looked good I think they were missing some receivers but overall they were solid. East was better than expected they have a couple of good athletes fs #10 looked really good. Lafayette by far was the best team out there looked solid from top to bottom and both qbs looked good. Dunbar played well. We were trying to incorporate the young players while also not having some of our top ones so it wasnt an accurate view of the team.
-
Gifford from Lafayette to Centre
Great find by Centre! Good Luck
-
David Hensley resigned from Dunbar
Cons: The kids lose a coach right before a season. A season in which they had high hopes for. They'll maybe have to learn a new offense. Pros: Maybe a new offensive scheme is exactly what they need. If it unleashes all their athletes. Also many of the athletic seniors butted heads with the coach. But I wish Hensley good luck and I hope that Dunbar can become better.
-
Returning Starters for 6A Teams
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Look out here they come!
-
Jerrell Greene commits to UK
I see him as an olb. Any other people see him somewhere else? http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/367674.html
-
2008 Lexington Catholic
Raglin should be a very good rb this year. The qb is returning and look for top targets Williams and Vogelsang. The lines should be efficient. The top returning tackler is Letton. The d is depleted but I don't think it will be that bad this year. They will be solid this year that may make it to state again.
-
2008 Lexington Christian
Name maybe?
-
2008 Lexington Christian
Whats the line look like with all those seniors leaving?
-
2008 Lexington Catholic
Is this qb coming back?
-
2008 Lafayette
They need to replace the Qb. Which should be the backup Durbin. Look for the freshman qb too. Running back they should be solid with Burnside and Shaw. No real wideouts returning but they shouldn't be bad with all the athletes in the junior class. Have to return the whole o-line minus one. Front 7 on defense returns one starter in Petty. The only bright spot I see is the Secondary has 4 d-1 athletes in Shaw, Sleet, Mays and Demus. This will be a rebuilding year especially with a new coach.
-
2008 Mercer County
Yes, the starting qb did quit basketball and may be done with sports all together. I asked around and many think even if he did come back the backup would probably start anyways. He's the nephew of former nfl tight end Jason Dunn. He apparently has all the tools and should provide them with better decision making.
-
2008 Mercer County
Wasn't there quarterback one of the ones who walked out? Also if he's not playing sports at all who's the backup?
-
2008 Madison Central
Who's the qb?
-
2008 Mercer County
Not just the players but the whole town needs to BACK UP YOUR COACH!
-
Next football re-alignment
Ok I heard in 6A this year that Trinity and St.X are on the same side of the bracket. Can anyone confirm this?
-
Class 6A Frontrunners 2008-2009
I know I'm biased but Dunbar. I'm calling it right now. Write it down
-
2008 North Bullit
I saw the game last year when they played Lafayette. I wasn't that impressed by Cissell. Did he have a bad game or does he just beat up on lesser competition?
-
Lafayettes Head Coach
http://www.kentucky.com/sports/story/319910.html
-
Lafayettes Head Coach
Is Rob Sayre. I think he was the o coordinator last year. Has a lot of athletes returning let's see if he can find a qb. Found at http://www.lafayettegenerals.com
-
Mr. Football 2008
Jerrelle Green. Mr. Everything at Dunbar. Look for them to get the ball more in his hands.
-
2008 Paul Dunbar
Jerelle Green was offered by UK a couple days ago
-
2008 Paul Dunbar
Believe me every team adds a couple of new plays according to the team they play. These kids just don't get that " Hey if we listened to the coaches, we can be pretty darn good." As soon as they realize this, the sky is the limit.
-
2008 Paul Dunbar
Defensively: Quadae Singleton and Patrick Spickard are solid returners on the d-line. Marquis Clay, Jerelle Green and others are apart of a great secondary. Th only unit that may be questionable is the linebacker unit with the loss of Nick Edlestien and others. Offensively: In the backfield they return the quarterback in Marquis Clay and two beasts in Jerelle Green and Steven Willis. The offensive line should be solid anchored by Eric Ayers. The wide recievers are led by Jerelle Green and Martaveous Mays. A solid unit that will the team to beat in Lexington 6A this year. These kids just need to buy into the coaching philosophy and they can go as far as they want to go.
-
No Coach=No Football Operations?
That's what i was wondering. Are the Lafayette players working out at all. One or two weeks of no weightlifting can be huge when the season starts.
-
No Coach=No Football Operations?
With teams searching for coaches do all football operations shut down when the Ex-coach leaves. Does the team still weight lift, run and other things like that? If so who's in charge of these practices? Or do senior leaders take charge and do their own personal lifting?