Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football 2008

Featured Replies

Who are we looking at as the frontrunners for this award this upcoming season?

 

I know that Trinity and St.X RBs Tim Phillips and Deuce Finch will be in the race for sure, who else?

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring injuries, or an extreme Anti-Louisville/Private movement, Timmy or Deuce will win the award easily.

Josh Conner might need to be considered

I would like to see some support given to someone other than a Quarterback or Runningback. There has to be at least one lineman in the state of Kentucky good enough to be considered for Mr. Football.

  • Author
I would like to see some support given to someone other than a Quarterback or Runningback. There has to be at least one lineman in the state of Kentucky good enough to be considered for Mr. Football.

 

I highly doubt that you will ever see that. They never get the kind of publicity that the other positions do.

Dalton Cissell will be right there. It will be hard because he will not get the media exposure nor does he play against the same level of competition as Phillips or Finch. That being said, he is capable of putting up some big numbers next year and starting the year with just over 5,000 career rushing yds, he will likely finish somewhere near the Top 5 all-time in Kentucky in career rushing yds.

I would like to see some support given to someone other than a Quarterback or Runningback. There has to be at least one lineman in the state of Kentucky good enough to be considered for Mr. Football.

I'm with you. I was surprised that Robey did not get some attention. I know a lineman will not win it, but it would be nice to hear one mentioned in the conversation.

Tim Phillips of Trinity is an outstanding player.

 

I know there is somewhat of a bias against defensive players, but Trinity linebacker Jordan Whiting is also a fantastic player.

Finch and Whiting

Jerrelle Green. Mr. Everything at Dunbar. Look for them to get the ball more in his hands.

Didn't Whiting commit to Ohio State already??

Didn't Whiting commit to Ohio State already??

 

Yes

Is Clay Co's QB back next year?

Is Clay Co's QB back next year?

 

Yes.. and yardage records may be in jeopardy

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.