Joe Girardi in Cincy, in 2008?

So a guy hitting close to 400 for the last bit and the NL Player of the week is no asset to the Reds?

The fact that we are now hanging our hat on a guy that makes $10M and got player of the week says a lot, doesn't it?

See above for the answer to your question.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy hitting close to 400 for the last bit and the NL Player of the week is no asset to the Reds?

No. How many games did they win during that streak? He's their best offensive player right now, but it isn't translating in to wins.

Griffey is a professional.

It's VERY clear you despise him, but I have no doubt he would be fine.

Hopefully the Reds can trade him while he's playing well, and healthy. The best of both Worlds would be trading him to a contender so he will have a shot at a ring. And the Reds would not have that contract to deal with next year.

Lance McAllister made a point that when Narron is fired, none of the REds last 3 managers and 4 out of the last 5 will never be a manager in the Major Leagues again.

You get what you pay for was the moral of the story.

Tis a good point. Chalk one up for the shotgun.

This team (not the players, but the state of the organization) reminds me so much of late '90s Bengaldom that it is frightening. The trend stopped (mostly) when they brought in a high profile, big ticket, take charge head coach. The Reds need to follow suit.

Hopefully the Reds can trade him while he's playing well, and healthy. The best of both Worlds would be trading him to a contender so he will have a shot at a ring. And the Reds would not have that contract to deal with next year.
If they haven't traded him yet, and they're not going to. He's still a ticket mover like it or not. (and that, when it coes down to it, is all that matters to the owner)

And more importantly, why would you trade him now that he is actually producing like you thought?

This team needs a shake up in a bad way and Giradi would definitely give them one. I'd love to see it, but don't expect to. While I agree that the team does not have the parts to be a WS threat, IMO, they certainly have more talent than they are showing on the field. I keep harping on this point, but I really think that picking a consistent line up and sticking with it would be beneficial. The constantly shifting card has got to be mentally draining on the players to some extent and there is no continuity in what their expected to do each and every day.