Joe Girardi in Cincy, in 2008?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the deal done NOW. Don't wait for others to start looking. Just freakin' do it. Go to Jerry and tell him the plan. Get him on board. Move him upstairs, and throw some coin at Girardi. There. I said it... :D

Griffey is a professional.

It's VERY clear you despise him, but I have no doubt he would be fine.

You read way too much into my posts. Do I think he's an asset to the Reds? No. I despise no one other than Curt Schilling.

However, you must admit that he's of no benefit to the Reds and , by no fault of his own, his contract is killing the Reds today and the near future.

However, back to the main point: If Girardi is the hardass that he seems and Griffey does his jog, a)will Girardi confront him and b)can Jr handle it? He seems to be the sensitive type. If nothing else, it will make interesting theater.

You read way too much into my posts. Do I think he's an asset to the Reds? No. I despise no one other than Curt Schilling.

However, you must admit that he's of no benefit to the Reds and , by no fault of his own, his contract is killing the Reds today and the near future.

However, back to the main point: If Girardi is the hardass that he seems and Griffey does his jog, a)will Girardi confront him and b)can Jr handle it? He seems to be the sensitive type. If nothing else, it will make interesting theater.

I don't get where everyone has the notion that we need to dump salary?

Does anyone have any idea about the Reds financial situation? They reported it on the Reds pregame the other day. Anyone?

His contract is not killing us, and he's hitting like 2000 Griffey. He didn't say a word about shifting to right and has played very well there.

The Reds were the 7th most profitable team in all of baseball last season, so this notion that we are desperate for money, and need to dump salary is bunk.

Maybe we just can't get the big dogs to come here, b/c we suck!

So a guy hitting close to 400 for the last bit and the NL Player of the week is no asset to the Reds?

I don't get where everyone has the notion that we need to dump salary?

Does anyone have any idea about the Reds financial situation? They reported it on the Reds pregame the other day. Anyone?

His contract is not killing us, and he's hitting like 2000 Griffey. He didn't say a word about shifting to right and has played very well there.

I'll give you this: If he continues to hit like he is now, he will have earned his salary.

However, that money is not well spent on this club. It may be on others . Not this one. Its not his fault, though. Is he helping this team be a contender this year? Next? Again , not entirely his fault but that money should be spent elsewhere for the upcoming seasons. You can have a better overall club with Freel in right (and I'm not a huge Freel guy either) , use $10M on solid middle relief, and plug in a decent 3rd baseman. That still might not get the Reds to the promised land but they would be a better team overall. That's the point. Griffey is NOT the problem. His contract on THIS team is the problem. By the way, I'm a Dunn supporter but its getting time for him to elevate his game as well or his contract will be a problem as well.