Open Job: Wayne County

Either that or potentially a star football/basketball player heading to another 12th region school. that's the other option from rumors I heard lately.

The Woods rumor has been rumored all season in Wayne County circles. It's not voluntary. Wayne recently hired a new superintendent after the other one was forced out.  He was not on the list given by the superintendent screening committee and it was all suspicious in how it went down.  If true, it was a superintendent decision and not a principal or AD decision.

19 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

12th region sports posted to Twitter that “shocking news was possibly coming out of Wayne County.” Does that mean the Legendary Coach Rodney Woods is stepping down? 

Per WKYT he has be relieved of duties. Absolute shocker here

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Boyd_Blue said:

The Woods rumor has been rumored all season in Wayne County circles. It's not voluntary. Wayne recently hired a new superintendent after the other one was forced out.  He was not on the list given by the superintendent screening committee and it was all suspicious in how it went down.  If true, it was a superintendent decision and not a principal or AD decision.

From last summer, the last paragraph in the article linked below. Clearly some bad blood between multiple parties in Monticello...

The meeting was quickly adjourned with security officers clearing the board room during some heated verbal exchanges at the conclusion. Neal’s contract begins on August 1, 2023. Neal served the district for many years including as teacher, principal, and director of transportation.

https://z93country.com/archives/354169/local-news/

Sad day for the profession.  High school coaches need multi-year contracts with buyouts.  The ability to axe someone year to year is absurd.  The court is named after the man...

• Like 4

• theguru changed the title to Open Job: Wayne County

Posters are raking the superintendent over the hot coals on Facebook and X/Twitter. He won’t survive this is my prediction. Just made his job 10X more difficult going forward. Rodney Woods means so much to that county.
I remember him back in the day when he was a burr in the saddle to Adolph Rupp’s teams (Rupp didn’t recruit him out of old Lone Jack High in Bell County) when he played guard at Tennessee. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Posters are raking the superintendent over the hot coals on Facebook and X/Twitter. He won’t survive this is my prediction. Just made his job 10X more difficult going forward. Rodney Woods means so much to that county.
I remember him back in the day when he was a burr in the saddle to Adolph Rupp’s teams (Rupp didn’t recruit him out of old Lone Jack High in Bell County) when he played guard at Tennessee. 

He's in the first year of a three year contract.  Not sure legally, how he wouldn't survive if he can take the heat. 

This is mind blowing tbh. Who will even the candidates for this job? If you are letting a legend like coach Woods go you better have someone big in mind.

I sat next to some Wayne County parents at a game in February.  They were getting soundly beaten and the parents were openly critical of the coaching staff and some of the players.  I thought it was inappropriate at the time.  I’ve been around KY basketball enough to know that it was probably not reflective of how everyone with kids on the team felt.  It doesn’t take many people to stir things up though.