Beechwood 49 Danville 0

BWTigers

I'm a fan of anything that brings excitement to the players and program, however Ludlow needs the uniforms back before they play again. 

All kidding aside, Beechwood takes care of business once again. Jury still out if they solved the defensive woes or if its just lack of competition. Offense still in high gear. Fryman and Erdman are a threat to score anytime they touch the ball. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hector607 said:

Talking about poor decisions, the black uniforms are atrocious and an abomination; I don’t care if it is only for one game. Starting to question some things. 

Good thing it’s not about you and you don’t have to wear the black uniform, huh? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Those uniforms looked legitimately bad. Like if you’re going to break tradition at least do it in some cool looking stuff, not something that looks like A&N sports put together last week. 

They looked just like the uniforms U of L wore in their game yesterday.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Exactly .. bad.   It was gimmicky and a bad look.  Especially against an 0-10 opponent.  If you think you need that  extra motivation (as a17x state champion, I argue Beechwood does not) use it in the semifinals.   Programs with strong traditions don’t need gimmicks for motivation.   Can you imagine Alabama coming out in a black or grey uniform against Vanderbilt? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

They don’t. Louisville has some detail and red in their uniforms. Florida did their black uniforms very well. 

If they win state no one remembers, if they don’t this is a bad look. 

Could someone please post a picture of the uniforms? Let the public decide. 

side note, I’m a traditionalist. I love Beechwood’s simple red and white scheme. Most classic uniforms only use two colors, like Penn St or Alabama. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Exactly .. bad.   It was gimmicky and a bad look.  Especially against an 0-10 opponent.  If you think you need that  extra motivation (as a17x state champion, I argue Beechwood does not) use it in the semifinals.   Programs with strong traditions don’t need gimmicks for motivation.   Can you imagine Alabama coming out in a black or grey uniform against Vanderbilt? 

3 hours ago, hector607 said:

They don’t. Louisville has some detail and red in their uniforms. Florida did their black uniforms very well. 

It was fun. That's all that matters. It wasn't that they needed motivation. Look at it like it was a team canoeing trip in the middle of pre-season. Just have fun. Add to team chemistry. That's all.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:12 PM, sportsfan41 said:
13 hours ago, hector607 said:

They did have red detail.   They had the Beechwood red paw prints as well as the numbers were outlined in red.  

I'm just stunned at how easy it is for some people who claim "program! tradition!" to take potshots at these uniforms. You all are aware that the venom your cabal of uniform blasters has spread since Friday has been seen by a great deal of players and coaches, right? Way to be supportive to the program. 

So incredibly tone deaf. 

• Like 1