Beechwood 49 Danville 0

BWTigers

4 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

Just saw the highlights. The black uniforms, why???? I’ve always liked the simplicity of their red and white. 

Fun. One timer. Not a new look. Team warmed up in their usual uni's. Went in for pre-game talk just before kickoff and surprise, surprise in their lockers. The team was pumped and the stadium went wild when they walked out in those uniforms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanvilleFan said:

Rough season for the Ads.  In retrospect the best chance at a win was the opener against West Jessamine.  I applaud them for giving this a battle rather than forfeiting.

Off-season will get interesting as Danville hires a new superintendent.

Danville has some good young players. They need more players. Need a couple more good players. They will have trouble playing that same schedule again but I could see them winning 2-3 next year. I have seen teams with 4 and 5 wins that I think Danville would beat. That schedule got them zero wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 98NCCalum said:

Apologies, I don’t keep up with this stuff like I used to. 

But how do you go from a 15-0 state championship season to not winning one game in such a short time span? 

What has happened to Danville football? 

Poor decisions by the school administration. They let their state champion coach go. That led to their best players leaving to play at Boyle County and numbers of kids playing football dropped. There were about 20 players in uniform last night. Their state championship roster had 47 players. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Poor decisions by the school administration. They let their state champion coach go. That led to their best players leaving to play at Boyle County and numbers of kids playing football dropped. There were about 20 players in uniform last night. Their state championship roster had 47 players. 

My goodness. 

10 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Talking about poor decisions, the black uniforms are atrocious and an abomination; I don’t care if it is only for one game. Starting to question some things. 

Old man get off my lawn. 😉

The kids loved it. The fans loved it. It was a fun one timer. 

I am with you though - one time is good enough.

I will add, you have to do things like that to spice things up and make it fun. Beechwood has been so dominant in 2A that things can get a little too routine.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Old man get off my lawn. 😉

The kids loved it. The fans loved it. It was a fun one timer. 

I am with you though - one time is good enough.

I will add, you have to do things like that to spice things up and make it fun. Beechwood has been so dominant in 2A that things can get a little too routine.

I agree 100% with this. Anything to get their mind right and ready for this playoff push. Beechwood is seen as an after thought by many fan bases in this 2A top tier. Most are expecting OC vs LCA/Mayfield winner in the title game. For Beechwood to travel to Mayfield or LCA and make it to the title game they are going to need a different mind set defensively to help their offense. If getting them fired up by changing uniforms for a game I am all for it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Players LOVE alt uni's.  LOVE them !  It's about them, right?  I'm not huge on introducing a new primary color but black, grey variations or chrome and flat helmet color variations are great. 

Absolutely. No doubt those players had a blast in the locker room switching to those uni's. You could see it in their step when they came out in them. And then the fans went crazy to put the icing on it. Walk out song was Back in Black. It was a lot of fun.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

That state championship coach goes to Somerset and ends up winning the District in the 1st year and could make a good run in the playoffs. He's not winning a championship this year but Somerset could not have hired a better coach and person given the tragedy that happened with Coach Lucas. AD and administration can make or break a program. Danville is the extreme cause they had a powerhouse of a program right down the road.

• Like 1