Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Next Louisville Coach?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 78
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I see that he has three sons??? Wonder how old they are and do they play sports??
Is he Catholic???:lol:
  • Author

Jurich said no decision has been made, but that it's a short list and he'd move quickly. I think that means Louisville will have a head coach before sundown.

 

I don't think it needs to be a big name. Petrino wasn't.

Is he Catholic???:lol:

 

 

That doesn't matter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring back "Coop"!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I predict he is headed up to Bama with Coach Saban. Interesting scandal brewing about it as well.:eek:

 

He's already turned Saban down. FSU withdrew their offer Saturday but then on Sunday his agent contacted FSU and Bowden and set up to restart negotiations. Fischer went hunting this weekend with Tricket the new FSU O-line Coach and someone Fisher calls a close friend.

From the Tulsa World:

 

Report: TU coach leading candidate

 

He is close friends with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich, with whom he established a relationship when they were at Northern Arizona.

 

Kragthorpe was the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the Lumberjacks from 1990-93,and Jurich was NAU's athletic director from 1988-1996.

 

Kragthorpe, 41, was considered a leading candidate to replace Petrino when the Louisville coach spoke with LSU about its opening two years ago.

 

Louisville (12-1) is coming off a Big East Conference championship season and defeated Wake Forest 24-13 in the Orange Bowl.

 

The Cardinals are expected to finish in the top five in the final polls and could make a national championship run next season.

 

Jurich released a statement saying that his school is "going to move quickly in hiring our next coach to keep our momentum going."

Petrino's brother and Jeff Brohm were also mentioned.

  • Author

If Louisville were to try and lure another BCS-school's coach, my vote would be for Jeff Tedford.

word is they will try to make an announcement before tonights game so that the big heads will be talking about it during the pregame.

Kragthorpe from Tulsaworld.com

 

"I'm not interested in leaving Tulsa," Kragthorpe said last October. "My family absolutely loves living here. If I'm the head coach for the next 10 years, I can think of nothing better."

 

 

Anyone else think that sounds a little too familiar...if I was a coach that just signed a new long term contract I would stay away from phrases like that as they normally come back to haunt you.

Well, I wouldn't announce publicly, in the press especially, that I'd be open to leaving if I wanted to keep my current job and hadn't been offered another yet.

Well, I wouldn't announce publicly, in the press especially, that I'd be open to leaving if I wanted to keep my current job and hadn't been offered another yet.

 

:thumb:

 

Someone mentioned this yesterday...When a head coach is asked if he plans on leaving, of course he's going to say no...What would it look like if he said, "Yeah, my options are open right now, so whoever drops the best offer...." :lol:

"I'm not interested in leaving Tulsa". Wow, never heard that before. As fans I think we will learn not to listen to "CoachSpeaks". I know I have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.