The Next Louisville Coach?

02Ram54

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurich said no decision has been made, but that it's a short list and he'd move quickly. I think that means Louisville will have a head coach before sundown.

I don't think it needs to be a big name. Petrino wasn't.

I predict he is headed up to Bama with Coach Saban. Interesting scandal brewing about it as well.:eek:

He's already turned Saban down. FSU withdrew their offer Saturday but then on Sunday his agent contacted FSU and Bowden and set up to restart negotiations. Fischer went hunting this weekend with Tricket the new FSU O-line Coach and someone Fisher calls a close friend.

From the Tulsa World:

Report: TU coach leading candidate

He is close friends with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich, with whom he established a relationship when they were at Northern Arizona.

Kragthorpe was the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the Lumberjacks from 1990-93,and Jurich was NAU's athletic director from 1988-1996.

Kragthorpe, 41, was considered a leading candidate to replace Petrino when the Louisville coach spoke with LSU about its opening two years ago.

Louisville (12-1) is coming off a Big East Conference championship season and defeated Wake Forest 24-13 in the Orange Bowl.

The Cardinals are expected to finish in the top five in the final polls and could make a national championship run next season.

Jurich released a statement saying that his school is "going to move quickly in hiring our next coach to keep our momentum going."

Kragthorpe from Tulsaworld.com

"I'm not interested in leaving Tulsa," Kragthorpe said last October. "My family absolutely loves living here. If I'm the head coach for the next 10 years, I can think of nothing better."

Anyone else think that sounds a little too familiar...if I was a coach that just signed a new long term contract I would stay away from phrases like that as they normally come back to haunt you.

Well, I wouldn't announce publicly, in the press especially, that I'd be open to leaving if I wanted to keep my current job and hadn't been offered another yet.

:thumb:

Someone mentioned this yesterday...When a head coach is asked if he plans on leaving, of course he's going to say no...What would it look like if he said, "Yeah, my options are open right now, so whoever drops the best offer...." :lol: