January 8, 200719 yr Johnelle is on the market. What about Norm Chow? If he were to come on board, that might be the only way Brian Brohm stays. But I doubt he'd come, he's the one that got away fro too many schools.
January 8, 200719 yr I do not want Norm Chow, there is a reason why a man in his 60's has not made head coach yet. I want Paul Petrino.
January 8, 200719 yr Author I will say, Louisville needs to MOVE. We never have many commits early, but we need someone in here meeting with our current verbals, making sure they're still on board. We need some one meeting current players, keeping them in town. We need a coach, Tom. I had just started writing for U of L's paper when Petrino was hired, and he moved into recruiting as soon as he was hired and did a heck of a job. We need someone to jump in feet first the same way.
January 8, 200719 yr Author I do not want Norm Chow, there is a reason why a man in his 60's has not made head coach yet. I want Paul Petrino.1) Paul Petrino was his brother's sounding board, not his OC. 2) Norm Chow isn't a head coach because HE'S turned it down everywhere, not because he's been found wanting.
January 8, 200719 yr ^ It is still the same system, and Paul knows that offense and scheme better than anyone. It keeps the norm for the players and the recruits. Norm Chow is not the answer at all. I would like to see what Peterson would bring, though I don't think that he would be interested.
January 8, 200719 yr This hire will show where Louisville currently stands in the world of college football. Can they hire a coach away from another BCS conference (if one is available)? Will they have their pick of mid-major coaches? Will professional assistants be interested? This hire might be the most important in Louisville history.
January 8, 200719 yr This hire will show where Louisville currently stands in the world of college football. Can they hire a coach away from another BCS conference (if one is available)? Will they have their pick of mid-major coaches? Will professional assistants be interested? This hire might be the most important in Louisville history. Jurich will have to go after a big name. I wonder what the Simm's boy is thinking right now.
January 8, 200719 yr Whoever the next coach is, you can be sure that Jurich will not let us down. He is currently one of the most respected AD's in the nation and he has become the guy that top coaches want to work for. Granted we're going to miss Petrino, but Louisville is not about to fall apart. He has left a great program in place. You could even see the similarities to when Saban left LSU and look how they're doing now. I hate to see him leave but congrats to Bobby for working his way to where he wants to be!
January 8, 200719 yr Sign Paul Petrino to a multi-year contract and hope you get one good year (next year) out of him... Louisville needs to act fast, or the progress they have made will take a hit...
January 8, 200719 yr It's too bad this didn't happen a year later. With another loss to Ohio State next year, Lloyd Carr will most likely be looking for a job.
January 8, 200719 yr What about a list of candidates? Does Gary Patterson of Texas Christian make it on the list?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.