The Next Louisville Coach?

02Ram54

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, Louisville needs to MOVE. We never have many commits early, but we need someone in here meeting with our current verbals, making sure they're still on board. We need some one meeting current players, keeping them in town. We need a coach, Tom.

I had just started writing for U of L's paper when Petrino was hired, and he moved into recruiting as soon as he was hired and did a heck of a job. We need someone to jump in feet first the same way.

I do not want Norm Chow, there is a reason why a man in his 60's has not made head coach yet. I want Paul Petrino.
1) Paul Petrino was his brother's sounding board, not his OC.

2) Norm Chow isn't a head coach because HE'S turned it down everywhere, not because he's been found wanting.

^ It is still the same system, and Paul knows that offense and scheme better than anyone. It keeps the norm for the players and the recruits.

Norm Chow is not the answer at all. I would like to see what Peterson would bring, though I don't think that he would be interested.

This hire will show where Louisville currently stands in the world of college football. Can they hire a coach away from another BCS conference (if one is available)? Will they have their pick of mid-major coaches? Will professional assistants be interested? This hire might be the most important in Louisville history.

This hire will show where Louisville currently stands in the world of college football. Can they hire a coach away from another BCS conference (if one is available)? Will they have their pick of mid-major coaches? Will professional assistants be interested? This hire might be the most important in Louisville history.

Jurich will have to go after a big name. I wonder what the Simm's boy is thinking right now.

Whoever the next coach is, you can be sure that Jurich will not let us down. He is currently one of the most respected AD's in the nation and he has become the guy that top coaches want to work for. Granted we're going to miss Petrino, but Louisville is not about to fall apart. He has left a great program in place. You could even see the similarities to when Saban left LSU and look how they're doing now. I hate to see him leave but congrats to Bobby for working his way to where he wants to be!