Kentucky ‘22 Recruiting

GOREDDEVILS

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

What kind of money deal is he getting?  If Gavin Wimsatt is getting 100K then Sharpe has to be at least worth a million, right?

I think the gleague offered 1 million but he decided on the college life for a year or 6 months lol. He will be making more than that after next season when he gets drafted.

24 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I think the gleague offered 1 million but he decided on the college life for a year or 6 months lol. He will be making more than that after next season when he gets drafted.

The g league, whatever that is, has nothing to do with it.  If colleges are paying players now, and clearly they are, how much is Sharpe getting?

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

The g league, whatever that is, has nothing to do with it.  If colleges are paying players now, and clearly they are, how much is Sharpe getting?

https://www.sportico.com/feature/college-athletes-paid-name-image-likeness-deals-nils-1234616329/#:~:text=Current NCAA rules expressly prohibit college athletes from,any capacity under the long-upheld principle of “amateurism.”

10. If college athletes can sign endorsement deals, doesn’t that make them employees?

No. The school wouldn’t be paying the athletes. The payer would be a third party, such as a sneaker company, car dealership or summer camp. The athlete would also not become an employee of those endorsed companies. Endorsement deals are normally structured so that the endorser is an independent contractor, not an employee.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

https://www.sportico.com/feature/college-athletes-paid-name-image-likeness-deals-nils-1234616329/#:~:text=Current NCAA rules expressly prohibit college athletes from,any capacity under the long-upheld principle of “amateurism.”

10. If college athletes can sign endorsement deals, doesn’t that make them employees?

No. The school wouldn’t be paying the athletes. The payer would be a third party, such as a sneaker company, car dealership or summer camp. The athlete would also not become an employee of those endorsed companies. Endorsement deals are normally structured so that the endorser is an independent contractor, not an employee.

Right, the official line.

Well I guess the old "$100 handshake" is a thing of the past lol. I wonder if NIL will influence powerful alumni to reduce dollars given to athletic departments in lieu of money spent directly to athletes? Check out former Coastal Carolina coach Joe Moglia's gift to them last week..... SIGNIFICANT money for football, soccer, and other capital improvement.

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Well I guess the old "$100 handshake" is a thing of the past lol. I wonder if NIL will influence powerful alumni to reduce dollars given to athletic departments in lieu of money spent directly to athletes? Check out former Coastal Carolina coach Joe Moglia's gift to them last week..... SIGNIFICANT money for football, soccer, and other capital improvement.

This is honestly one of my favorite aspects of the NIL era.

If someone is willing to donate their money, they should have every right to have a say in where it goes. 

Chris Livingston 2022 6’6 5 Star small forward out of Akron,Ohio will announce his choice this Wednesday the 15th of September. He currently plays for Oak Hill Academy where Kentucky native Steve Smith Coaches. Kentucky has had several commitments from Oak Hill in the past.

His Finalist’s are Kentucky,Georgetown, Tennessee State and the gleague. The general consensus is that he will choose the college route and that Kentucky has a great shot to land him.

5 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Chris Livingston 2022 6’6 5 Star small forward out of Akron,Ohio will announce his choice this Wednesday the 15th of September. He currently plays for Oak Hill Academy where Kentucky native Steve Smith Coaches. Kentucky has had several commitments from Oak Hill in the past.

His Finalist’s are Kentucky,Georgetown, Tennessee State and the gleague. The general consensus is that he will choose the college route and that Kentucky has a great shot to land him.

This is a very odd list.  Why Georgetown and Tennessee State?  UK is rarely competing with those 2 schools for a recruit.