Kentucky ‘22 Recruiting

GOREDDEVILS

On 11/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, GOREDDEVILS said:

Shaedon Sharpe is going to enroll this spring and play in the 2022-23 season. He is not eligible for the 2022 draft.

Is that true? I thought I read that technically with his age and all that. That he could possibly enter the 2022 draft.

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Is that true? I thought I read that technically with his age and all that. That he could possibly enter the 2022 draft.

Yes it is, if you read ksr the other day they explained the situation. He will be available for the 2022-23 Kentucky Basketball season no matter what.

• Like 1

Here is the exact rule from the NBA Per givony.:

The NBA CBA specifies pretty clearly that to be NBA Draft-eligible both: The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, AND (B)...at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school.

This rule pertains to players who have been based in the US in the 3 years prior to their first NBA Draft year. Sharpe went to high school in Kansas and Arizona, and thus is not an international player (for whom HS graduation timing is irrelevant) according to NBA draft rules.