Kentucky ‘22 Recruiting

GOREDDEVILS

22 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

So is he heading to Oklahoma?

From all that I have read, he is a pretty heavy Kentucky lean. I would be shocked if he did not pick Kentucky. Coach Cal stayed in Lexington for his visit as opposed to going to the Peach Jam this week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

So is he heading to Oklahoma?

I wouldn’t have posted about him if it didn’t sound good for UK. Like tones said most of the recruiting sites think Kentucky is the heavy favorite. Ugonna has even said he has always wanted to go to Kentucky before he even came to the States.

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Ugonna is raw offensively but he is elite defensively, especially blocking shots. He may redshirt and learn under Oscar. Ugonna likes the success Oscar has had here and the fact he’s also from Africa.

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Hoping he doesn't go the indefinite red shirt route but if he does at least he can still help out in practices this season. 

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Will Kentucky fans lose their minds if he redshirts and then leaves anyway?

Some will.  In my mind it's not like he is a wasted scholarship just because he doesn't play on game day.  He can certainly help others on the team.  

• Like 2

I have no problem with him red shirting or playing if  they think he can eventually help this coming season. If he plays in 2023-24 season after redshirting I will be fine.

The sharpe situation was messed up but I have long since moved on from Sharpe.

14 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Will Kentucky fans lose their minds if he redshirts and then leaves anyway?

The real question is "Will Kentucky fans lose their minds?"  In general, no matter what happens with this kid, the answer for a lot of Kentucky fans is yes, they will lose their minds.  Other than him being an All American, fans will find a reason to lose their minds regardless.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, GOREDDEVILS said:

Ugonna is raw offensively but he is elite defensively, especially blocking shots. He may redshirt and learn under Oscar. Ugonna likes the success Oscar has had here and the fact he’s also from Africa.

It would be great for Oscar too. His struggles while few, were against length. Having Ugonna going against him in practice daily would have to help Oscar as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It would be great for Oscar too. His struggles while few, were against length. Having Ugonna going against him in practice daily would have to help Oscar as well.

Yeah, I thought the same thing to myself.