Louisville Receives Notice of Allegations

TheDeuce

The kids get punished and the coaches get little slaps on the wrist. I’m not a fan of any school get a post season ban. I think coaches should be punished and I think some scholarship reductions are acceptable along with some fines. I think if coaches know they are going to be severely punished they will better follow rules. Kids should not take brunt of this unless directly involved.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UofL has not self-penalized regarding this event.

The President, AD, and former coaching staff are all gone, but other than that UofL has not self-imposed anything.

UofL self-imposed a post-season ban last time, and they still took the banner. Don't look for UofL to take that route again, especially considering literally nobody is still here.

They did get rid of the the coach, staff and AD so that counts for something.

I don’t see how even the most adamant UofL hater could think this is rational if any punishment comes about that includes a postseason ban or reduction of scholarship. I’m sure KSR loves it, but I’m sure Jones and Franklin, if forced to admit it, wouldn’t think it’s fair. We all know I can’t stand Michigan and yes I would think it’s hilarious to see this happen to them, but I wouldn’t think it’s fair. I wouldn’t try to justify it, I would just laugh and say it sucks to be them. But if anything happened involving a previous administration and they’re all gone from the university, then why punish people that had absolutely nothing to do with it? Makes no sense.

My thoughts are, there is nothing left to be done to UofL. Pitino and other coaches involved need to be severely punished. Too bad for whoever has hired them, they would all get 5 years show cause restriction from working at member schools. The reason that I'd be so hard on them is they were already on probation, when all of this went down. No change in culture after already being placed on probation.

I don’t see how even the most adamant UofL hater could think this is rational if any punishment comes about that includes a postseason ban or reduction of scholarship. I’m sure KSR loves it, but I’m sure Jones and Franklin, if forced to admit it, wouldn’t think it’s fair. We all know I can’t stand Michigan and yes I would think it’s hilarious to see this happen to them, but I wouldn’t think it’s fair. I wouldn’t try to justify it, I would just laugh and say it sucks to be them. But if anything happened involving a previous administration and they’re all gone from the university, then why punish people that had absolutely nothing to do with it? Makes no sense.

It does suck for the current players but the brand is always gonna take the fall and can’t escape its past.

It does suck for the current players but the brand is always gonna take the fall and can’t escape its past.

And I get it is totally not fair, but I do not know what kind of punishment is just? If nothing is done there are virtually zero consequences.

And I get it is totally not fair, but I do not know what kind of punishment is just? If nothing is done there are virtually zero consequences.

In this particular situation, I think some sort of fine is in order for the school. Whether that be an actual fine, or forfeiture of a certain amount of TV/Tournament money.

In this particular situation, I think some sort of fine is in order for the school. Whether that be an actual fine, or forfeiture of a certain amount of TV/Tournament money.

I believe this is the only recourse. Where this gets tough is a big fine to UL/UK/Kansas or other big boy program, you could argue the fine is worth the risk.

Career-ending consequences to coaches, administrators and AD's are in order in situations where egregious violations occur. Financial consequences to the institutions that "turn their heads" are also completely legitimate. Punishing new regimes, especially those who have shown not only the willingness to correct past wrongs, but also actively do the right thing, is utterly wrong and unnecessary.

I believe this is the only recourse. Where this gets tough is a big fine to UL/UK/Kansas or other big boy program, you could argue the fine is worth the risk.

But to get to the point of the only punishment being a fine, a school would have to completely clean house. So it's not like the fine would be the only thing the University had to do. Schools aren't going to fire President/AD/Coaching staff just to get a fine.

But to get to the point of the only punishment being a fine, a school would have to completely clean house. So it's not like the fine would be the only thing the University had to do. Schools aren't going to fire President/AD/Coaching staff just to get a fine.

Agreed, this is also where I am at.

UL took the extreme steps of cleaning house at the institution and getting rid of all those who had any connection to this incident. If the NCAA puts any additional penalties on UL other than a fine, then all the other colleges involved should be shaking in their boots, especially the coaches.

I will add, I don't think Pitino should receive any additional penalty. He lost his job and was without a job for a while. If any additional penalty is put on him, then other coaches should be getting at least one year suspensions.

Hopefully, it’s only scholarships and fines. Something certainly has to be done. Fines, are sort of irrelevant, it would end up only being a donation. Loss of scholly’s for 2 years with probation during that time is probably best case for UL. You can throw in a fine/donation as well.

I completely agree. I like to knock the Cards any chance I get, but once they finally decided to clean house...I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

If KU/Zona/LSU wants to fire Coach/AD/President and forfeit past games, then a fine would be enough for them too. But if any school doesn't clean up their mess the way UofL did, then they deserve to get hammered.

You talk about how UofL handled everything wrong with dealing with the NCAA investigation and penalties. I think they should be commended for coming clean and then cleaning house. UNC got away with their crap by fighting, but we all still know they were wrong and the UNC brand will have a blackeye forever.

I say fine the University and move on at this point, Louisville has done more to clean up their mess and change the culture than 95% of teams ever will.