Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Receives Notice of Allegations

Featured Replies

The NCAA taking yet another step towards irrelevance.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Postseason bans make a lot more sense than taking away titles.

 

Has anyone else received notice? LSU? Arizona? Kansas?

  • Author
Postseason bans make a lot more sense than taking away titles.

 

Has anyone else received notice? LSU? Arizona? Kansas?

 

Post-season bans make sense if there are still people affiliated with the program that were involved in the violation.

 

I'm pretty sure Kansas got one, and they proceeded to have their midnight madness event complete with Snoop Dogg, stipper poles and cannons shooting out money.

I'm pretty sure Kansas got one, and they proceeded to have their midnight madness event complete with Snoop Dogg, stipper poles and cannons shooting out money.

 

I forgot about that. Sheesh.

I never know what the right answer is to these situations. If a program really did violate a big rule, I have never been a proponent of vacating wins or post-season bans. The first means nothing, the second punishes innocent folks. Reducing scholarships again punishes a group not involved. That's not justice.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kenny Johnson and Rick Pitino, both of whom are head coaches at new schools now.

 

Agree, could get very interesting.

I never know what the right answer is to these situations. If a program really did violate a big rule, I have never been a proponent of vacating wins or post-season bans. The first means nothing, the second punishes innocent folks. Reducing scholarships again punishes a group not involved. That's not justice.

 

When everyone involved is long gone, there’s no point in pursuing it any further to me.

When everyone involved is long gone, there’s no point in pursuing it any further to me.

 

That seems like the right answer, but I suppose there is very little deterrent. These investigations take multiple years to conduct, so the characters are generally always gone by then. And say a coach did something bad and one player, absent of the others in the program, those individuals will be gone and the non-violators are the ones left to clean up the mess.

One thing being made clear, UofL will not just roll over and take whatever the NCAA gives like they did the first time.

 

Will that make any difference? Likely not.

 

I said it after the first UL fiasco and I’ll say it again.

 

If they rollover and allow the NCAA to do as they please again, then they deserve to have their entire athletic program shutdown.

 

UNC gave everyone the perfect blueprint for these situations.... lawyer up and deny everything. Make the NCAA prove it all.

I also agree with those who believe that post season bans are ridiculous and only punish those who are innocent.

 

I’m okay with stripping titles, it’s an embarrassment that the university has to carry with them.

 

I’m not sure I agree with huge fines as I believe these are probably just passed down to the traditional students who attend the school.

 

My only solution would be to absolutely cripple a school with recruiting restrictions for a period of time. Let them field a team of non scholarship walk-ons for a few years.

 

Most people cheat to win. Making it nearly impossible for a University who was caught cheating to compete for a few years seems like a just penalty to me.

Postseason bans make a lot more sense than taking away titles.

 

Has anyone else received notice? LSU? Arizona? Kansas?

 

Kansas

NC State

Louisville

Oklahoma State

South Carolina

USC

TCU

 

Those are the ones we know have received notices so far on this Adidas business.

 

It's been widely reported that the NCAA is still working on Arizona and LSU. It honestly looks like they're working from the easiest cases to the most difficult (or at least most complex and far-ranging).

  • Author
UNC gave everyone the perfect blueprint for these situations.... lawyer up and deny everything. Make the NCAA prove it all.

 

Louisville has hired the same firm that worked UNC's case.

Louisville has hired the same firm that worked UNC's case.

 

Dewey, Cheatum and Howe?

Louisville has hired the same firm that worked UNC's case.

 

Best money they’ll ever spend.

Best money they’ll ever spend.

 

Do we cheat them and how?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.