May 11, 20206 yr As a fan UofL sports, I hope we're to the point that we can talk fines and maybe some scholarship reductions. I don't imagine that's what will happen, but I'll remain hopeful until it's pointless to do so. In reality, it's hard not to just brace for what's coming. We had what we believed to be a justifiable sense of pride during "The Year of the Cardinal" in 2012-13. That pride has been revealed to be hubris in the years since. The culture around the university lacked any accountability and leadership ignored problems in favor of convenience at every turn. Pitino ignored his assistant coaches, Jurich ignored Pitino's continued issues and ran the athletic department like his own little fiefdom, President Ramsey turned the other way while his underlings used the university foundation as their own private piggy bank. It was a mess. I'm glad the notice didn't include "Lack of Institutional Control", but heck, what other phrase should we use?
May 11, 20206 yr As a fan UofL sports, I hope we're to the point that we can talk fines and maybe some scholarship reductions. I don't imagine that's what will happen, but I'll remain hopeful until it's pointless to do so. In reality, it's hard not to just brace for what's coming. We had what we believed to be a justifiable sense of pride during "The Year of the Cardinal" in 2012-13. That pride has been revealed to be hubris in the years since. The culture around the university lacked any accountability and leadership ignored problems in favor of convenience at every turn. Pitino ignored his assistant coaches, Jurich ignored Pitino's continued issues and ran the athletic department like his own little fiefdom, President Ramsey turned the other way while his underlings used the university foundation as their own private piggy bank. It was a mess. I'm glad the notice didn't include "Lack of Institutional Control", but heck, what other phrase should we use? It’s so refreshing to hear a fan say this... A very reasonable take.
May 12, 20206 yr I'm glad the notice didn't include "Lack of Institutional Control", but heck, what other phrase should we use? The Lack of Institutional Control and the fact the offense occurred while already on probation could very possibly be what the NCAA uses as justification to go further than just a fine and scholarship reductions. Not saying that would be justice but neck, when has that stopped the NCAA.
May 12, 20206 yr The Lack of Institutional Control and the fact the offense occurred while already on probation could very possibly be what the NCAA uses as justification to go further than just a fine and scholarship reductions. Not saying that would be justice but neck, when has that stopped the NCAA. Luckily for UofL, "Lack of Institutional Control" is not among the list of "charges" in this notice. That would have been very bad. Not that the sole Level 1 allegation isn't bad enough, but at least it wasn't that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.