Gronk To The Bucs

Interesting and I doubt Gronk makes it through the entire season.

@swamprat are you thinking about season tickets again?

Having both Buc and USF season tickets wore us out. They still have Ndamukong Suh, too, so no. I wish them well. I hope they win a Super Bowl. However, I will watch them as much as I did last year. Not at all.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys Gronk is still the best TE in the history of the sport and is still in tremendous shape. I see the Bucs utilizing Gronk and OJ Howard the same way the Pats used Gronk and Aaron Hernandez. It was short lived but that duo of Gronk and Hernandez was absurd. I expect we’ll see a ton of 2 TE sets in Tampa this year.
Howard staying on the team is probably 50/50 at this time.

Having both Buc and USF season tickets wore us out. They still have Ndamukong Suh, too, so no. I wish them well. I hope they win a Super Bowl. However, I will watch them as much as I did last year. Not at all.

Well you’re more than welcome to stop by anytime at one of the tailgates with my girlfriend and I once we get back to playing football.

I am bullish on the Bucs as well, but are we going to pretend Tom Brady is in his prime coming down to Tampa Bay? He has looked straight up terrible much of the past two seasons. The Pats gave him limited help, I will give you that.

The Bucs' success is all predicated on how well they protect TB12.

I am bullish on the Bucs as well, but are we going to pretend Tom Brady is in his prime coming down to Tampa Bay? He has looked straight up terrible much of the past two seasons. The Pats gave him limited help, I will give you that.

Check out Brady's stats from 2013 and compare them to last year. Very similar. I agree Brady did not look as good last year but I don't think we can write him off as clearly declining considering what the Patriots had, and didn't have, around him on offense last year.

Check out Brady's stats from 2013 and compare them to last year. Very similar. I agree Brady did not look as good last year but I don't think we can write him off as clearly declining considering what the Patriots had, and didn't have, around him on offense last year.

The NFL has dramatically changed the past seven seasons. I am not going to pay attention to actual yardage numbers as it gets more video gameish every year. If numbers are the same as then, that is a bad sign. In Brady's down 2012 season his total QBR was 12th in the league at 63.1. Not bad, but not great. This past year he was 17th at 53.7, just a shade above average. Ironically he was tied with Jameis Winston.

If anything I think Brady gives them addition by subtraction, and he ain't going to give the ball away remotely to the frequency level of Jameis. By that metric alone it should be an upgrade.

I get it that Brady is defying father time to the best of his ability, but 43 year old QBs aren't a common thing for a reason. I get the feeling it will work, as noted in my original post, but I am remaining skeptical that he is the missing link to it all.

The first time I realized TB12 could stand for Tampa Bay 12 or Tom Brady 12. Lack of sports has meant a lack of paying any attention to stuff like that.

They had Gronk's rights, I think they said. Otherwise, the Bucs could have just signed him. Pat's had to trade or release his rights or the Bucs couldn't sign him.

Yeah they had his rights but he was never going to play for the Pats ever again and only wanted to play with Brady. If the Pats didn’t trade him to Tampa he would have stayed retired.

Yeah they had his rights but he was never going to play for the Pats ever again and only wanted to play with Brady. If the Pats didn’t trade him to Tampa he would have stayed retired.

Exactly, so why give up anything? Take their #4 and give up Gronk, why give away a #7.

Exactly, so why give up anything? Take their #4 and give up Gronk, why give away a #7.

Because the Pats has no choice. He was still under contract, and the Patriots would have been on the hook for his contract to the tune of $12 million and they only had $2 million in cap space. Gronk had all the leverage. The Patriots couldn’t afford to not get did him, and the Bucs took advantage of that fact.

Well you’re more than welcome to stop by anytime at one of the tailgates with my girlfriend and I once we get back to playing football.

And you guys are more than welcome to join us in Lot 6D on Saturdays when CFB gets back underway. We generally have 10 to 20 in our group.