Gronk To The Bucs

Exactly, so why give up anything? Take their #4 and give up Gronk, why give away a #7.

Because they have no choice. They at least got something out of it. They had a players rights who they don’t have to pay and who was never going to play for them. A couple Gatorade bottles is better than nothing at that point. Gronk would have stayed retired, made his money in WWE and party everyday. There is zero leverage for the Pats in that scenario. The Pats made off pretty well in the scenario.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they have no choice. They at least got something out of it. They had a players rights who they don’t have to pay and who was never going to play for them. A couple Gatorade bottles is better than nothing at that point. Gronk would have stayed retired, made his money in WWE and party everyday. There is zero leverage for the Pats in that scenario. The Pats made off pretty well in the scenario.

They could have told the Bucs we'll take your 4th round pick straight up for him...we are keeping our 7th round pick. Bucs are going to bend over backwards to make their savior happy, I'm shocked the Pats didn't hold out for more. Unless Gronk truly is a broken down shell of himself.

They could have told the Bucs we'll take your 4th round pick straight up for him...we are keeping our 7th round pick. Bucs are going to bend over backwards to make their savior happy, I'm shocked the Pats didn't hold out for more. Unless Gronk truly is a broken down shell of himself.

What’s in it for the Pats to keep the 7th round pick. They essentially traded nothing of value to them and a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick.

@GrantNKY has you allegiance moved from NE to TB?

I am far from a Pats from. As a lifelong Bengals fan and moving to Tampa, I’m just excited that the whole sports world right now is revolving around my hometown team and the city I live in.