Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

Joe Marshall is taking a second bite at the apple too.

Joe feels comfy with the phase in plan but then he said he isn't comfy with games for high contact sports.

Joe Marshall wants another special meeting where he can vote on different sports that are low and high contact.  Jeez Joe, make it way tougher on anyone.

Pollio is having to redirect Marshall's concerns.  

It is hard to believe these are the people representing our children. 

Pollio is saying they can have another meeting next week so I think that means that no matter what they decide/vote on tonight it doesn't matter. 

Just now, theguru said:

Joe Marshall is taking a second bite at the apple too.

Joe feels comfy with the phase in plan but then he said he isn't comfy with games for high contact sports.

Joe Marshall wants another special meeting where he can vote on different sports that are low and high contact.  Jeez Joe, make it way tougher on anyone.

They know what a 'No' tonight means.  So they will kick the can down the road and work on 'kill points" as they say in the project world.  They want specific "kill points" to make the shutdowns happen.  They will not make arbitrary vote to not go now. 

Chris Brady wants to know how the vote is going to go down.  Good point Chris, you know Pollio is up to something.

Diane Porter is confusing everyone now...

Pollio just played the "General Counsel Card" and they are voting on option two which is a delay beyond the KHSAA.  

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Vote yes for phase in but sounds like another meeting coming.

Right, sounds like they voted for a delay and they are going to meet again and again to consider more delays or not playing sports at all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I am so glad certain people are in no way involved in making decisions for children. Or anything important for that matter.

People have complained for two weeks about decisions being made (or not made) and then when all four significant entities decide to allow playing people still complain about said entities. 

I don’t know what will happen in two weeks time but having a follow up seems only reasonable, especially since they’re allowing teams to play. I absolutely love sports, high school football in particular, and like nothing more than going to games around the state with my father and son. I want football to be played. I want to go watch. I’m glad everyone is allowing it to some extent. But a whole heck of a high percentage of people have lost their daggone minds about this entire situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

People have complained for two solid weeks about decisions being made and then when all four significant entities vote to allow playing people still complain about said entities. 

I don’t know what will happen in two weeks time but having a follow up seems only reasonable, especially since they’re allowing teams to play. I absolutely love sports, high school football in particular, and like nothing more than going to games around the state with my father and son. I want football to be played. I want to go watch. I’m glad everyone is allowing it to some extent. But a whole heck of a high percentage of people have lost their daggone minds about this entire situation. 

JCPS was a vote to delay tonight until they can organize their objections and maybe restrict sports more or shut it all down. 

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

JCPS was a vote to delay tonight until they can organize their objections and maybe restrict sports more or shut it all down. 

Please stop presenting your opinion as fact. It’s unbecoming.