Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

2 minutes ago, cincydragons said:

Wherever anyone stands on playing versus not playing this fall, the way these high school kids have been treated is not right IMO.  They followed protocols, had their season delayed, then KHSAA says they can play and now just when they finally get a chance to practice they have to wait nervously until Friday to see if they can proceed.  I think they should be able to play but I can also see the arguments against it.  But I hate seeing these kids getting treated like this.

I agree. Like mental torture of the kids. Certainly not right. Create a plan and stick with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maysvilleky said:

Fleming Co had a positive case and they isolated the person, did some testing and continued on.  No mass quarantine.  So it can be done if you have proper protocols in place before hand.

This has been my belief for awhile. Of course there are concerns, there are concerns every school year during every event, but what make activities run effectively is have protocols and procedures in place to handle certain situations. This is what I feel certain aspects of our society forget. 

Have we learned any lessons? The sky was falling before Thursday but then it worked out. The sky was falling before Monday but then it worked out. Before we immediately say the sky is falling and preemptively blame yet another institution, should we wait and see if it works out?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

This is unbelievable.

This is flipping ridiculous.  Take a look at the states around us.  I'm going to say it and some may not like it, but Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas & West Virginia are all proceeding with football this fall with some already starting and some starting this Friday.  North Carolina, Virginia & Illinois are all moving their fall sports to spring.  What do the states proceeding forward in fall have in common & what do the states pushing off to spring have in common?  The state of Kentucky will eventually cancel fall sports.  It's coming so we might as well get ready for it.  It will probably get moved to spring, if played at all, just like the common link states of NC, Virginia & Illinois.  Let's be honest....I feel like our kids are nothing more than pawns depending on where you fall.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Have we learned any lessons? The sky was falling before Thursday but then it worked out. The sky was falling before Monday but then it worked out. Before we immediately say the sky is falling and preemptively blame yet another institution, should we wait and see if it works out?

It’s like being on track and they keep sticking hurdles out for you to clear. Eventually not going to clear one of them.

6 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Take a look at the states around us.  I'm going to say it and some may not like it, but Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas & West Virginia are all proceeding with football this fall with some already starting and some starting this Friday.  What do the states proceeding forward in fall have in common & what do the states pushing off to spring have in common?  The state of Kentucky will eventually cancel fall sports.   Let's be honest....I feel like our kids are nothing more than pawns depending on where you fall.

So much for "One Nation Under God."