Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

KBE chair Lu Young opens the meeting, and is very clear to state that her intention in calling today's special meeting was never to overrule the KHSAA, but intended instead to educate the board members further in the decision made by the KHSAA.

Julian Tackett is then given the floor, and Julian is currently giving a re-cap/play-by-play of the KHSAA's decision to suspend high school sports, and the decisions made since regarding student eligibility, KHSAA sport funding, etc.

• Like 1

Julian is doing a good job of really it on pouring in terms of the KHSAA's actions taken throughout the course of this. "We also looked at this......we reviewed this input......we took this into mind......we reviewed these alternatives......we did this......"

He's making sure the KBE is very aware of the fact the KHSAA made a very well-informed decision, and that it wasn't simply a matter of the KHSAA laying down after they got pressure from parents to let their kids play sports.

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Julian is doing a good job of really it on pouring in terms of the KHSAA's actions taken throughout the course of this. "We also looked at this......we reviewed this input......we took this into mind......we reviewed these alternatives......we did this......"

He's making sure the KBE is very aware of the fact the KHSAA made a very well-informed decision, and that it wasn't simply a matter of the KHSAA laying down after they got pressure from parents to let their kids play sports.

I agree CWB, Commissioner Tackett is doing an excellent job.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brddog said:

He is doing a good job but is loosing the focus of the BOE.  Too long winded.

They wanted to get involved, the Commish is involving them.

In short I see this as Commissioner Tackett coaching all of them up so they don't object to moving forward.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brddog said:

He is doing a good job but is loosing the focus of the BOE.  Too long winded.

Any lost focus is the BOE's fault, not Tackett's. If they want to review the KHSAA's process to make their decision to proceed, then Tackett needs to provide them with the information necessary to show all of that. He's trying to summarize virtually every action of the entire KHSAA for the last 6 months into this conference. That's a LOT of info...and not presenting that info would be a complete disservice to the kids who want to play sports, because it allows members the KBE to think the KHSAA has put in less time and effort than they have.

• Like 1

I disagree with too long winded.  This BOE is too long winded.

This is the absolute best I've ever seen Commissioner Tackett.

He is prepared. He is very calm and forthcoming on the whole process.

The comprehensiveness of his answer is what is needed for this type group.

This is the type of group that will nit-pick/what if you to death - Not Today!

I for the first time now believe we will have some form of a 2020 High School Football season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Any lost focus is the BOE's fault, not Tackett's. If they want to review the KHSAA's process to make their decision to proceed, then Tackett needs to provide them with the information necessary to show all of that. He's trying to summarize virtually every action of the entire KHSAA for the last 6 months into this conference. That's a LOT of info...and not presenting that info would be a complete disservice to the kids who want to play sports, because it allows members the KBE to think the KHSAA has put in less time and effort than they have.

Exactly!

Just now, Purple88 said:

I disagree with too long winded.  This BOE is too long winded.

This is the absolute best I've ever seen Commissioner Tackett.

He is prepared. He is very calm and forthcoming on the whole process.

The comprehensiveness of his answer is what is needed for this type group.

This is the type of group that will nit-pick/what if you to death - Not Today!

I for the first time now believe we will have some form of a 2020 High School Football season.

Agree!