Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

12 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Guru- I'm not real polished on camera, but thanks for getting our message out there. I think we will be fine.

My pleasure Coach.  Someone has to speak up and advocate for children and in my opinion you are one of the most important people in Kentucky right now. Stay the course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Members of BGP agree to follow the all of the below-listed posting rule

31 minutes ago, jahearme said:

This is far from over....

I predict an emergency KHSAA Board of Control meeting in the near future. 

What makes you say that? Their decision is a week old now. By the time they could put together any type of emergency BOC meeting their decision would be almost two weeks old, made it past just about every person/organization that could overturn it and would be about a week away from football’s first game (soccer would be less). What makes you think they are going to 180?

• Like 1

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.

Last night was very uneasy. Today, things seem much better. Thank you to everyone who has supported our kids playing.

And, I genuinely believe having our kids in athletics will hold down Covid numbers. Turning them loose right now would be a disaster. 

Also, one reason I have supported BGPreps and theGuru over the years is how he keeps the conversation civil. Without civility, there is no dialogue. 

Especially in 2020, we need all the civility and dialogue we can get. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3