Kaepernick Strikes Again

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not what he was asking for.

We all know that what PP92 was asking can't be done. That's why I didn't respond with exactly what he was looking for.

Can you name someone who has spoken out against ANYTHING in your lifetime from ANY race that all of America loves and respects?

That man is brave. I don’t have 1/10000000000000 the courage he does to take the stand that he took.

I think you shortchange yourself big-time here. You may not post about Kap, but you post about racial issues all the time.

AND...you post on this site where there are no famous people (except for one child star) and significantly fewer people will see what you're saying & yet you stand anyway.

Just my two cents.

We all know that what PP92 was asking can't be done. That's why I didn't respond with exactly what he was looking for.

Can you name someone who has spoken out against ANYTHING in your lifetime from ANY race that all of America loves and respects?

He didn't ask for someone that ALL of America loves and respect. You keep highlighting that, that's not what he asked for.

Can you even name someone that's spoken out that even a majority of Americans have a positive view of?

He didn't ask for someone that ALL of America loves and respect. You keep highlighting that, that's not what he asked for.

Can you even name someone that's spoken out that even a majority of Americans have a positive view of?

I'm the first to acknowledge that semantics arguments don't really hold that much water when it comes two issues of race, but I certainly think that saying "America" as a collective of people versus "all Americans" it's pretty much one in the same.

Anyway, no, I don't really think I can name anyone who has spoken out against racial inequality did I think a true majority really have a positive view of. I certainly don't think that's a good thing, obviously. And the unfortunate truth is, I think there are relatively few true majority opinions about anything out there.

At the end of the day, Nike can do whatever it wants and consumers can opt to do whatever they wish as well in response. Nike caved to the Chinese government too, so it can speak out both sides of its mouth regarding what it chooses to stand up for/embrace. These corporate giants just care about profit and Nike believes co-opting the social justice trend is good business, at least domestically.

Where I get challenged by family members that graduated from UC is when they discuss what they were taught in their sociology and Black History classes about racism. Specifically,"Black Americans cannot be racists, because you must have power before you can be a racists". That confuses me to the max. I believe that if someone prejudges me because I am white and thus they know my every thought....they are guilty of racist traits; just as I would be guilty if I judged their thoughts and motives simply because they were a different race. America (we) will never solve the racial divide until the prejudging and blame game no longer gets smeared into everybody's face everyday.

Just trying to follow along, the shoes are offensive because slavery existed when that flag was created?

The flag doesn't represent slavery, but because it was created when slavery existed, that is what is making it considered offensive by Kap?

Exactly. Following similar standards, he must hate BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and so on due to their involvement during the Nazi Germany era.

For the record another reason Kaepernick objected and spoke up to Nike is because the Betsy Ross flag has been adopted by multiple white nationalist groups as their American flag. It isn’t just because of the 13 stars. It has to do with who that flag is representing in 2019.

That definitely puts a different spin on this for me.

Okay. Name five blacks who have spoken out against racial inequality in your lifetime that America loves and respects.

Loves and respects is tough. I don't know many high profile people of any kind that America loves and respects. But, if we talk about black people who have spoken up against racism that I do believe the large majority of America respects, here are a four:

Oprah

Obama

Lebron

Martin Luther King Jr.

Loves and respects is tough. I don't know many high profile people of any kind that America loves and respects. But, if we talk about black people who have spoken up against racism that I do believe the large majority of America respects, here are a four:

Oprah

Obama

Lebron

Martin Luther King Jr.

I guess I should have read through the thread instead of responding to posts as I read them.