Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick Strikes Again

Featured Replies

Grabbed these for my better half this morning, because our anniversary is Sunday. She better like them.

 

The Vapor Max are a scheme that the color really matters, IMO. I like those.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thoughts exactly.

 

The bald eagle, the White House, and the Statue of Liberty were all United States symbols while slavery was the law of the land, but I'm not hearing anyone hemming and hawing over those being symbols of slavery. Why is that flag different?

 

All the same...Nike's shoe, Nike's choice, Nike's business, Nike's responsibility to deal with any consequences of backlash (or support).

 

My personal opinion is that Colin Kaepernick has decided to turn himself into the millennials' edition of the Reverend Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. The problem with that being, the constant whistle blowing and flag waiving (pun intended) causes folks to tune him out when he does actually hit on an important matter - boy who cried wolf, style.

 

This is the difference between black perspective and white perspective. Other than the bald eagle we have spoken out against the White House that was built for free with slave labor, we have spoke about the Statue of Liberty which is a false idol promoting false ideals and only represents one people, we have spoken about the flag along with the national anthem(why don’t we sing the third verse).

 

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton aren’t the emperors of black people but to call Kaepernick the millennial’s edition of those two civil rights icons highlights the widening gap of racial equality in our country.

 

Folks can sing this song of slavery ending 150 years ago and we need to get over it all you want. We wish we could get over it as quickly as y’all want us to.

Did he call a press conference and announce what he told Nike or did someone else do it?

 

Seems like if he was an attention prostitute he would have told the world himself and not the media without his side of the story.

 

My contention is that he knows exactly what he's doing & does not require a press conference to keep his name in the limelight.

Just trying to follow along, the shoes are offensive because slavery existed when that flag was created?

 

The flag doesn't represent slavery, but because it was created when slavery existed, that is what is making it considered offensive by Kap?

 

I’m not going to speak for all black people but everything from that time period has the stain of slavery on it when I see or hear stuff from that ‘era’. Especially when I see how we all act in 2019 when we attempt to have civilized conversations about racial inequality. If we can’t even talk about it now I can only imagine how those ‘conversatikns’ went when they founded this country with zero input from the slaves brought to America to build this country. For free.

The Vapor Max are a scheme that the color really matters, IMO. I like those.

 

I have to hand it to Nike...they know their stuff when it comes to shoe design. I buy her at least 5 pairs of shoes every year & most of them are Air Max & yet most have their own unique flair.

 

Nobody else touches Nike when it comes to tennis shoes, IMO.

My contention is that he knows exactly what he's doing & does not require a press conference to keep his name in the limelight.

 

His name stays in the limelight because there is a large portion of the country that doesn't like that he's standing up for his beliefs and exercising his rights as an American.

I have to hand it to Nike...they know their stuff when it comes to shoe design. I buy her at least 5 pairs of shoes every year & most of them are Air Max & yet most have their own unique flair.

 

Nobody else touches Nike when it comes to tennis shoes, IMO.

 

I agree. It's really not close.

My contention is that he knows exactly what he's doing & does not require a press conference to keep his name in the limelight.

 

So someone from his camp leaked this information today?

His name stays in the limelight because there is a large portion of the country that doesn't like that he's standing up for his beliefs and exercising his rights as an American.

 

America doesn’t like when black people speak out. We are supposed to be grateful. When we speak out we aren’t being grateful. It is what it is.

For the record another reason Kaepernick objected and spoke up to Nike is because the Betsy Ross flag has been adopted by multiple white nationalist groups as their American flag. It isn’t just because of the 13 stars. It has to do with who that flag is representing in 2019.

 

This certainly changes things a little, doesn’t it?

Anyways, it ain’t nothing but fake outrage over some shoes that NO ONE was going to buy. Just another chance for folks to talk smack on Kaepernick and how unAmerican he is right before good ole 4th of July.

His name stays in the limelight because there is a large portion of the country that doesn't like that he's standing up for his beliefs and exercising his rights as an American.

 

I don't like the kneeling, but it's certainly his right to do that.

 

I hated the pig socks, though, and he lost me with those. I get the issue with some in law enforcement abusing their power and mistreating & even killing blacks, but I thought that painted all officers with the same unfair brush. Not everyone who stands on the same issues as Kap did the same.

This certainly changes things a little, doesn’t it?

 

For some folks it might. For most, nah. They don’t care. He should be standing for the flag at all times. All flags. Disrespectful and ungrateful.......

So someone from his camp leaked this information today?

 

I have no idea.

I don't like the kneeling, but it's certainly his right to do that.

 

I hated the pig socks, though, and he lost me with those. I get the issue with some in law enforcement abusing their power and mistreating & even killing blacks, but I thought that painted all officers with the same unfair brush. Not everyone who stands on the same issues as Kap did the same.

 

People choose to interpret the socks however it fits the narrative they want to support. Some say it targets all cops, others think it only targets the bad ones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.