Kaepernick Strikes Again

For the record another reason Kaepernick objected and spoke up to Nike is because the Betsy Ross flag has been adopted by multiple white nationalist groups as their American flag. It isn’t just because of the 13 stars. It has to do with who that flag is representing in 2019.

It seems as if those reporting that are over blowing it a bit. One guy that's a white nationalist evidently had one...that's giving way too much power to one white nationalist wingnut. According to a story I just read. Buzzfeed mentioned that guy and some kids using the flag to support saying that multiple groups are using it. Multiple seems misleading when they themselves only found two instances of the flag being present.

If a white nationalist drives a Chevy truck do they get boycotted next? What if some guys at KKK rally are drinking Coors Light and have Silver Bullet stickers on their Prius...do Prius and Coors get the same treatment?

Kaepernick isn't against THIS flag because of white nationalist, KKK or police brutality...he is against ALL images that represent the Untied States.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

America doesn’t like when black people speak out. We are supposed to be grateful. When we speak out we aren’t being grateful. It is what it is.

That's an awfully broad-brush statement. I understand what you're saying, but broad brush statements are what keep the status quo needle from shifting in any direction at all.

Of course I liked the post. We live in that America every day. Do you?

I'm just pointing out someone putting words in someone's mouth or sentiment in someone's mind when there's no way of doing so...just like you did with JD.

As someone who works in the construction industry with a lot of close-minded people, and someone who regularly, regularly finds himself speaking up on behalf of a general minority of people of color in that industry (oftentimes because they themselves aren't even present to know they need to be spoken up for), man can it be trying to keep at it when I have ended up having those same people that I'm trying to speak up for telling me over and over that I'm the one who is being hateful, or disdainful, or outright racist either by association or individually.

That's an awfully broad-brush statement. I understand what you're saying, but broad brush statements are what keep the status quo needle from shifting in any direction at all.

Okay. Name five blacks who have spoken out against racial inequality in your lifetime that America loves and respects.

I'm just pointing out someone putting words in someone's mouth or sentiment in someone's mind when there's no way of doing so...just like you did with JD.

As someone who works in the construction industry with a lot of close-minded people, and someone who regularly, regularly finds himself speaking up on behalf of a general minority of people of color (oftentimes because they themselves aren't even present to know they need to be spoken up for), man can it be trying when I have ended up being told that I'm the one who is being hateful, or disdainful, or outright racist the number of times that I have been, either by association or individually.

Imagine having to watch that racism fester throughout your environment your entire life and navigating the roads of not becoming a victim of that racism.

As someone who works in the construction industry with a lot of close-minded people, and someone who regularly, regularly finds himself speaking up on behalf of a general minority of people of color in that industry (oftentimes because they themselves aren't even present to know they need to be spoken up for), man can it be trying to keep at it when I have ended up having those same people I'm trying to speak up for telling me that I'm the one who is being hateful, or disdainful, or outright racist the number of times that I have been, either by association or individually.

I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. I asked him a question, wondering if he'd actually seen a quote from Kaep that I hadn't seen.

I am thankful we live in such a great country where we can all speak out.

Same here. I just wish we all truly listened to one another more with compassion instead of completely dismissing the words people are saying because those words make people uncomfortable. Kaepernick has been labeled a clown, an attention prostitute, unpatriotic and hater of all American images because he chose to take a stand against racism in America.

He’s the bravest man I have seen in my lifetime.

As someone who works in the construction industry with a lot of close-minded people, and someone who regularly, regularly finds himself speaking up on behalf of a general minority of people of color in that industry (oftentimes because they themselves aren't even present to know they need to be spoken up for), man can it be trying to keep at it when I have ended up having those same people that I'm trying to speak up for telling me over and over that I'm the one who is being hateful, or disdainful, or outright racist either by association or individually.

Isn’t JD putting words in Kaepernick’s mouth?