Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick Strikes Again

Featured Replies

Nike was set to sell a shoe for the 4th that included the "Betsy Ross" flag with thirteen stars. Kaepernick objected because that flag was around during slavery. Nike then pulled the shoe.

 

Twitter has erupted.

 

Thoughts? Is the shoe offensive? Should Nike pull it? Should people rebel against Nike?

Edited by bugatti

  • Replies 119
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol2:

 

People are BIG mad and I think it's hilarious.

To answer your questions, the shoe isn't in the area code of offensive. But I think Nike should do what it wants & people should respond how they want.

To answer your questions, the shoe isn't in the area code of offensive. But I think Nike should do what it wants & people should respond how they want.

 

When they took Karpernick as a spokes person, I swore I would never buy Nike again (and I haven’t). Unfortunately, my husband laughed and said “you aren’t exactly the demographic they are looking for anyway.”

 

Thank God he doesn’t represent Sketchers!

I don't agree with Kap across the board, however I can respect his judgment on this one. There was slavery in all 13 colonies at that time.

 

I'd still buy Nike products either way.

When they took Karpernick as a spokes person, I swore I would never buy Nike again (and I haven’t).

 

I think Kaepernick is an attention prostitute myself, but it takes A LOT for me to stop buying something if I think it's good. In fact, I just spent $175 on some sharp-looking Nike's (for my wife) this morning. I can't really remember the last time I boycotted something.

 

But again, if people want to do that, have at it. If they want to buy Nike more because of this, have at it.

I thought he was protesting police brutality? Now I’m confused?

To answer your questions, the shoe isn't in the area code of offensive. But I think Nike should do what it wants & people should respond how they want.

 

My thoughts exactly.

 

The bald eagle, the White House, and the Statue of Liberty were all United States symbols while slavery was the law of the land, but I'm not hearing anyone hemming and hawing over those being symbols of slavery. Why is that flag different?

 

All the same...Nike's shoe, Nike's choice, Nike's business, Nike's responsibility to deal with any consequences of backlash (or support).

 

My personal opinion is that Colin Kaepernick has decided to turn himself into the millennials' edition of the Reverend Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. The problem with that being, the constant whistle blowing and flag waiving (pun intended) causes folks to tune him out when he does actually hit on an important matter - boy who cried wolf, style.

My thoughts exactly.

 

The bald eagle, the White House, and the Statue of Liberty were all United States symbols while slavery was the law of the land, but I'm not hearing anyone hemming and hawing over those being symbols of slavery. Why is that flag different?

 

All the same...Nike's shoe, Nike's choice, Nike's business, Nike's responsibility to deal with any consequences of backlash (or support).

 

My personal opinion is that Colin Kaepernick has decided to turn himself into the millennials' edition of the Reverend Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. The problem with that being, the constant whistle blowing and flag waiving (pun intended) causes folks to tune him out when he does actually hit on an important matter - boy who cried wolf, style.

 

Spot-on.

The symbolism of the Colonial American flag may be offensive to to some, says the guy who has a Fidel Castro shirt in his closet...

My thoughts exactly.

 

The bald eagle, the White House, and the Statue of Liberty were all United States symbols while slavery was the law of the land, but I'm not hearing anyone hemming and hawing over those being symbols of slavery. Why is that flag different?

 

All the same...Nike's shoe, Nike's choice, Nike's business, Nike's responsibility to deal with any consequences of backlash (or support).

 

My personal opinion is that Colin Kaepernick has decided to turn himself into the millennials' edition of the Reverend Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. The problem with that being, the constant whistle blowing and flag waiving (pun intended) causes folks to tune him out when he does actually hit on an important matter - boy who cried wolf, style.

 

Nike messed up this time. Signing Kap, that’s their choice, no issue there. Letting him run the company and chose which flags are permissible, I don’t know about that one Nike.

Just trying to follow along, the shoes are offensive because slavery existed when that flag was created?

 

The flag doesn't represent slavery, but because it was created when slavery existed, that is what is making it considered offensive by Kap?

Since Kap has such great influence at Nike why doesn't Nike run this stuff past Kap first?

 

It strikes me as a little disingenuous on the part of Nike but it won't stop me from buying another Nike product.

 

However, I like Adidas better, at least they care about College Hoops. :)

 

Oh, and by the way, I saw one report claiming those shoes are now selling for $2500 on the aftermarket.

I was just thinking I needed some new Air Max.

As a Military Veteran, I fought for the right for this clown to do and say whatever he likes. I also have the right to not buy anything Nike and not watch any games that disrespect the flag I fought for. In a perfect world, he would just go away and count the millions that Nike has given him. But since that is not going to happen, I will continue to vomit a little whenever his name pops up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.