Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick Strikes Again

Featured Replies

I was just thinking I needed some new Air Max.

 

I need some new kicks too but I think I am going to wait until fall.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Kap has such great influence at Nike why doesn't Nike run this stuff past Kap first?

 

It strikes me as a little disingenuous on the part of Nike but it won't stop me from buying another Nike product.

 

However, I like Adidas better, at least they care about College Hoops. :)

 

Oh, and by the way, I saw one report claiming those shoes are now selling for $2500 on the aftermarket.

 

Yep. Probably Nike’s intention all along.

Yep. Probably Nike’s intention all along.

 

And it is working, we are all talking/thinking about Nike.

No drama with Sketchers...only comfort. Just sayin...

 

Oops! Skechers! Could at least spell it right!

I’m all for Kapernick trying to raise awareness of forms of institutional racism. I’m not sure I agree with his stance on this issue, but then again it’s not my place to decide what he should and shouldn’t be offended by. I give him credit for staying true to himself. Nor is my place to chime in on how Nike decides to run their business. I’ll continue to buy Nike products. Nike is no longer at the top of my must have list, but it has nothing to do with Kapernick or any of the folks signed to their endorsement deals. I just happen to like other brands style more.

No drama with Sketchers...only comfort. Just sayin...

 

There's no drama with Nike either. Only for people who don't like a black dude staying true to his beliefs and the company that sponsors him staying behind him.

No drama with Sketchers...only comfort. Just sayin...

 

Oops! Skechers! Could at least spell it right!

 

While there is no drama with Skechers, unfortunately there is no style either. :)

Nike was set to sell a shoe for the 4th that included the "Betsy Ross" flag with thirteen stars. Kaepernick objected because that flag was around during slavery. Nike then pulled the shoe.

 

Twiitter has erupted.

 

Thoughts? Is the shoe offensive? Should Nike pull it? Should people rebel against Nike?

 

For the record another reason Kaepernick objected and spoke up to Nike is because the Betsy Ross flag has been adopted by multiple white nationalist groups as their American flag. It isn’t just because of the 13 stars. It has to do with who that flag is representing in 2019.

the constant whistle blowing and flag waiving (pun intended) causes folks to tune him out

 

And the pig socks don't help either.

I thought he was protesting police brutality? Now I’m confused?

 

He’s been protesting injustice against blacks. Police brutality is just part of it.

While there is no drama with Skechers, unfortunately there is no style either. :)

 

:lol2::lol2:

Just trying to follow along, the shoes are offensive because slavery existed when that flag was created?

 

The flag doesn't represent slavery, but because it was created when slavery existed, that is what is making it considered offensive by Kap?

 

This flag has apparently come into use by white nationalist groups, who use it as a symbol of the United States at a time when white supremacy was enshrined in the Constitution. There was a controversy some years ago about high schoolers somewhere in Michigan flying the flag during a game against a predominantly black school. I don't remember all of the context.

I think Kaepernick is an attention prostitute myself, but it takes A LOT for me to stop buying something if I think it's good. In fact, I just spent $175 on some sharp-looking Nike's (for my wife) this morning. I can't really remember the last time I boycotted something.

 

But again, if people want to do that, have at it. If they want to buy Nike more because of this, have at it.

 

Did he call a press conference and announce what he told Nike or did someone else do it?

 

Seems like if he was an attention prostitute he would have told the world himself and not the media without his side of the story.

I was just thinking I needed some new Air Max.

 

Grabbed these for my better half this morning, because our anniversary is Sunday. She better like them.

 

These are way too expensive.jpg

This flag has apparently come into use by white nationalist groups, who use it as a symbol of the United States at a time when white supremacy was enshrined in the Constitution. There was a controversy some years ago about high schoolers somewhere in Michigan flying the flag during a game against a predominantly black school. I don't remember all of the context.

 

Thanks @Getslow. That context makes it make a little more sense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.