Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick Strikes Again

Featured Replies

Now you've really gone and done it. :lol2:

 

I was thinking it, I just didn't have the guts to say it first.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking it, I just didn't have the guts to say it first.

 

That's why @PurplePride92 is my brother from another.

Now you've really gone and done it. :lol2:

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

Just keeping it real. :lol2:

 

That man is brave. I don’t have 1/10000000000000 the courage he does to take the stand that he took. Hell, I don’t even have the courage to make a Kaepernick post on social media. This is literally the only place I’ll publicly discuss Kaepernick.

:lol2: :lol2:

 

Just keeping it real. :lol2:

 

That man is brave. I don’t have 1/10000000000000 the courage he does to take the stand that he took. Hell, I don’t even have the courage to make a Kaepernick post on social media. This is literally the only place I’ll publicly discuss Kaepernick.

 

But that's not because of a lack of courage. It's because it's a waste of time in 95% of the outlets where you could have that discussion.

 

It's a waste of time here too, most of the time. But at least this is controlled.

:lol2: :lol2:

 

Just keeping it real. :lol2:

 

That man is brave. I don’t have 1/10000000000000 the courage he does to take the stand that he took. Hell, I don’t even have the courage to make a Kaepernick post on social media. This is literally the only place I’ll publicly discuss Kaepernick.

 

But that's not because of a lack of courage. It's because it's a waste of time in 95% of the outlets where you could have that discussion.

 

It's a waste of time here too, most of the time. But at least this is controlled.

 

Speaking specifically about BGP, it makes me happy to hear each of state BGP is on a higher level, thank you.

 

However everyone, threads like this are way way way too much work for us. :idunno:

The controlled part is huge though. Folks get to talking super crazy on social media and I hate a wasted discussion. At least on here I can attempt to make a point or two and even if it feels like the conversation is going nowhere I don’t have to worry about personal attacks or obtuse statements. Folks are going to believe what they are trained to believe. I’ll still always attempt a civil conversation. It’ll be an uncomfortable conversation but it will be civil.

Okay. Name five blacks who have spoken out against racial inequality in your lifetime that America loves and respects.

 

How about this...instead of my proliferating your broad brush statement, as an American here is MY list of blacks who have spoken out against racial inequality in my lifetime that I, as an American, love and respect:

 

1) Muhammad Ali

2) Ben Harper

3) Van Jones

4) James Rucker

5) Rosa Clemente

6) Maya Angelou

7) Benjamin Crump

8) Rosa Parks

9) Killer Mike

10) Jim Brown

11) Dave Chappelle

12) Ta-Nehisi Coates

 

I'm sure there are more...and for me personally, I'd add you and Deuce to the list, PP92, of course.

Isn’t JD putting words in Kaepernick’s mouth?

 

Just as much as you're putting words into the mouths of every American who has no issue with black people speak out, yes.

Same here. I just wish we all truly listened to one another more with compassion instead of completely dismissing the words people are saying because those words make people uncomfortable. Kaepernick has been labeled a clown, an attention prostitute, unpatriotic and hater of all American images because he chose to take a stand against racism in America.

 

He’s the bravest man I have seen in my lifetime.

 

I agree we all need to listen to one another more.

 

My ambivalence with this kind of thing is the ambiguity of what is righteous and what is racist and generally speaking it ends up being divisive instead of productive.

Speaking specifically about BGP, it makes me happy to hear each of state BGP is on a higher level, thank you.

 

However everyone, threads like this are way way way too much work for us. :idunno:

 

Yes. Yes they are. :lol2:

Just as much as you're putting words into the mouths of every American who has no issue with black people speak out, yes.

 

I can only go by what people say and then say my perspective. My perspective can be flawed, matter of fact, militant and compassionate at the same time. I never strive to put words in anyone’s mouth but I will tell folks how their words make me feel in my response.

I agree we all need to listen to one another more.

 

My ambivalence with this kind of thing is the ambiguity of what is righteous and what is racist and generally speaking it ends up being divisive instead of productive.

 

I agree. I mentioned it in another thread a couple of months ago but the psychology of black people in America is often dismissed. I think it is important for everyone to understand or at least be compassionate to that psychology in these type of discussions. We, (Me) can’t change the way our brains have been trained. I can’t change my psychology after 44 years and counting of having this mentality as an American and I don’t expect anyone to be able to change theirs. I’m only human and I’ll shut down just as quickly as anyone if I feel like nothing I say matters. When I hear or see someone speaking up and saying something I agree with(Kaepernick) and then they get slammed, ridiculed and dismissed by everyone it’s real easy to lose hope and that always sucks.

While there is no drama with Skechers, unfortunately there is no style either. :)

 

You sound like my daughter!

How about this...instead of my proliferating your broad brush statement, as an American here is MY list of blacks who have spoken out against racial inequality in my lifetime that I, as an American, love and respect:

 

1) Muhammad Ali

2) Ben Harper

3) Van Jones

4) James Rucker

5) Rosa Clemente

6) Maya Angelou

7) Benjamin Crump

8) Rosa Parks

9) Killer Mike

10) Jim Brown

11) Dave Chappelle

12) Ta-Nehisi Coates

 

I'm sure there are more...and for me personally, I'd add you and Deuce to the list, PP92, of course.

 

You know that doesn't answer the question, right?

Not that anyone cares but I am wearing my red Nikes to the gym today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.