Anthony Davis Has Requested a Trade

If they get any hint that Kyrie is going to hang around, they will wait it out until free agency. Boston still has loads of picks and assets they can send to New Orleans.

The interesting deal I would like to see is AD to Philly sending back Ben Simmons to Louisiana. As great as he is, Simmons potential isn't being unleashed in Philly and it is Embiid's team. I would love to see him lead a franchise.

Agreed. Problem is July 1st might be too late to get AD.

My dream is to see D’Angelo and Ben Simmons on the same team again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if he was traded before the deadline. Also Woj is reporting that the offer the Lakers sent the Pelicans was so bad the Pelicans wouldn't even give a counter offer. If the Lakers mess this up like they did Paul George time to start questioning Magic.

Adrian Wojnarowski

‏Verified account @wojespn

Beyond the Lakers and Knicks, the Pelicans have been made aware of "a handful" of teams that Anthony Davis would be willing to sign long-term with upon a trade, league sources tell ESPN. Boston isn't included on that list.

Any ideas who those other teams are?

Adrian Wojnarowski

Beyond the Lakers and Knicks, the Pelicans have been made aware of "a handful" of teams that Anthony Davis would be willing to sign long-term with upon a trade, league sources tell ESPN. Boston isn't included on that list.

If I were guessing Philly, Miami, Houston, Clippers?

Adrian Wojnarowski

Clippers, Bucks, and Knicks.

Looks as if this may have prompted the Lakers to come to the table with a more realistic offer by offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and cap relief.

I am still not understanding what the motivation is for New Orleans to strike a deal before this week's deadline.

So the latest offer from Magic is Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley and two first round picks for Anthony Davis?!?!? Plus they will take on Solomon Hill's contract to help the Pelicans with cap relief...

That seems like too much to me.

I am a Celtics fan and would love to see the Celtics get AD...but it seems pretty obvious that AD (and his father) are not interested in Boston. If that is the case then I hope he goes to LA (out of the East)...if they give up all those young players and picks I don't see it working out well for LA at all...and I am fine with that.

So the latest offer from Magic is Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley and two first round picks for Anthony Davis?!?!? Plus they will take on Solomon Hill's contract to help the Pelicans with cap relief...

That seems like too much to me.

Rondo, Stephenson, and Beasley are really non factors in this trade. It seems like a lot of players but those players really have no weight in this trade.

If the Lakers and Pelicans make this deal, will they have the money to get any other free agents this summer or next?

I read an article on this. It is very convoluted, but there is not much of a path to make it happen if the trade occurs before this week's deadline. It can happen if it occurs during free agency, but still tricky.