HR/9 - 3rd worst

ERA - 3rd worst

FIP - 4th worst

WAR - 3rd worst

K-BB% - 16th worst - some improvment

ERA- - Worst - Not exactly sure what that some is

BABIP - 2nd worst

Worst SP in our hearts - 1st place

40% hard hit rate, he made 100 mill off his slider and split-finger, both disappeared in 2016.

Homer's fastball has always been straight. Like any other pitcher, it is about location. When he can locate the fastball, he can still pitch well. Last year in the middle of the summer when he came back from the DL stint, he had two starts back to back where I thought he might actually be returning to his top form. He was painting the corners with his fastball. He went deep in the games, was striking people out and only gave up a run or two. He threw a lot of pitches those two games and then it all fell apart again. Just two games. Strange how players can do that in a game here and there and make you think they might be their better self again but then it all disappears. Could the new pitching coach get that out of Homer on a somewhat regular basis? It is worth a try when you are $23 million in on a guy.

He will come out of the bullpen if he's told to. That's on management for not forcing the issue. If he's not injured and refuses to pitch I sid think that would invalidate his contract.

I've had that thought. I'm not sure how you go about proving that he isn't truly hurt, but once he was a total jerk push the issue just to push it.

Why is bringing Homer out of the bullpen a good thing?

Would he hold a lead? Could he close a game? Would he be effective coming into a game in long relief keeping the score as is so that the offense could catch up?

No...no...and no