LeBron walks off during play

I thought there would already be a thread on this one. LeBron walked off the court with seven seconds remaining in his team's overtime loss to Atlanta last night. He was in the game and the ball was in play at the time.

The blowhards had a field day on Randy Moss when he left the sideline (not the field) in the last two seconds of his team's loss a bit back. To me, this is worse, what about the rest of you?

Sorry, I'm having trouble posting a link, so maybe someone smarter than me can help out with a version of the story.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at a lot of sites and could not find any mention of it.

Poor decision on his part. Fortunately for him, he's built up a few chips he can use to offset this - unlike Randy Moss.

Its the same IMO but he'll get a break as he should since , so far, he's not a horse's rear end like Moss.

I looked at a lot of sites and could not find any mention of it.

Poor decision on his part. Fortunately for him, he's built up a few chips he can use to offset this - unlike Randy Moss.

Its the same IMO but he'll get a break as he should since , so far, he's not a horse's rear end like Moss.

Scottie Pippen had one selfish moment in his career and people still label him a selfish player.

Not to open a can of worms, but being frustrated with a loss and leaving the court with 5 seconds to play is not nearly as bad as refusing to go in the game if I'm not the "guy" on the play. One is frustration out of being competitive, one is a whiny, selfish baby.

Just my opinion.

If I'm Scottie Pippen I want the ball there too, and I'm irrate if I don't get it. Not selfishness, but if you are the best player then you should have the opportunity to make those plays. After playing in Jordan's shadow it was time for Pippen to shine and he was not given that opportunity.

Not to open a can of worms, but being frustrated with a loss and leaving the court with 5 seconds to play is not nearly as bad as refusing to go in the game if I'm not the "guy" on the play. One is frustration out of being competitive, one is a whiny, selfish baby.

Just my opinion.

Randy Moss did this, and it's been replayed 1000 times.

Maybe this is the beginning. You don't leave the floor with your team still on it.

If I'm Scottie Pippen I want the ball there too, and I'm irrate if I don't get it. Not selfishness, but if you are the best player then you should have the opportunity to make those plays. After playing in Jordan's shadow it was time for Pippen to shine and he was not given that opportunity.

Kukoc was at the top of his game, Pippen was going to get a LOT of attention, and Toni made the shot. Scottie was not as good as he thought he was....period. :cool:

Kukoc was at the top of his game, Pippen was going to get a LOT of attention, and Toni made the shot. Scottie was not as good as he thought he was....period. :cool:

Right, but to sum up his career with that play is crazy. It was selfish but I see where he was coming from and I can understand him being upset.

Seems like we had a thread on this last year, with Iverson (can't remember) or someone leaving a game early.

If James did this, then I feel the same way about him leaving, as Iverson....poor judgement, no place for it and no one, is bigger than the team concept.