Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched NFL Live and Marvin's interview. I'll say this, if Cowher retires, I'd be happy to hire Marvin away from Cincy. He's a class guy IMO. You could just tell he hates having to talk about a bigmouth egomaniac in the first question of the presser.

Guys:I'm putting my bengals hatred aside, for a second, but I believe chad just doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean I'm really questioning his intellect. Does he not see that the reason that they are unable to throw the ball deep is because when carson takes a three or five step drop he has a d-linemen or safety on top of him on the ground. I just don't understand his complaints. The whole team is frustrated but the reason they aren't running their jibbs is becasue they understand the team has more problems than just getting 85 the ball.

As a steeler-fan,,,take solace that he doesn't fumble the ones he does catch!:cry:

Look, last season was last season, don't you think that teams are a bit more prepared for the "go deep" mentality? You don't beat folks the same old way long in this league. With the OL issues Cincy has had, how can you expect to make those type of plays every week? To win consistently in this league, you must be balanced. You may get some W's on big plays every so often, but over the long haul, you must be balanced. IMO, as a non-Bengirl fan, I'd be more concerned with Henry or Housh beating me than Chad, as evidenced in the first meeting this season with the Steelers. He may be the 3rd best receiver on his team.

That very well may be true.

Answer me this then, If Chad was not on the team how well do you think these receivers would be doing? If Chad is not on the team Henry probably would jump to the number 1 receiver, and TJ would stay at the number 2 because he does good there. So do you think as the number 1 receiver and getting double team every play that Henry right now could still get open all the time like he does. To be able to beat those double teams, you got to be willing to work hard and play as hard as you can every play. And do you really see Henry at this point doing that. I mean just look at the last play, Henry wouldn't even try to go up to get that ball. Now I guarntee you that Chad would have tried to get that ball. TJ probably still would have decent numbers since they would be doubling Henry, but I bet his numbers still would go down a little bit without Chad on the team.

Its just funny how now with Chad not doing as good as usual that he goes from one of the best in the league to number 3 on his own team...:rolleyes:

Chad is the best receiver on this team, and that is what allows TJ and Henry to do what they do. Does Henry have the potential to one day be better than Chad yes he does, but will he ever use that potential that would be hard to tell at the rate he is going. Chad is the best receiver on the team, and you got to find away to get him the ball. Maybe you need to shorten his routes some early on to get him involved, because with the line not blocking as good him doing those deep outs and deep ins just dont give Carson enough time. Just somehow they need to give him the chance to make plays, and that would open up even more things for everyone else...

Guys:I'm putting my bengals hatred aside, for a second, but I believe chad just doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean I'm really questioning his intellect. Does he not see that the reason that they are unable to throw the ball deep is because when carson takes a three or five step drop he has a d-linemen or safety on top of him on the ground. I just don't understand his complaints. The whole team is frustrated but the reason they aren't running their jibbs is becasue they understand the team has more problems than just getting 85 the ball.

Shakes and streaks are not slow developing plays. Chad can run 40 yards in just over 4 seconds. That's one second the quarterback holds the ball, three in the air on a lob. The offensive line problems are not keeping them from throwing the deep ball, I honestly don't know why they aren't doing it. But neither does Ed Reed. He must also wear the infamous Bengal Glasses.....

Answer me this then, If Chad was not on the team how well do you think these receivers would be doing? If Chad is not on the team Henry probably would jump to the number 1 receiver, and TJ would stay at the number 2 because he does good there. So do you think as the number 1 receiver and getting double team every play that Henry right now could still get open all the time like he does. To be able to beat those double teams, you got to be willing to work hard and play as hard as you can every play. And do you really see Henry at this point doing that. I mean just look at the last play, Henry wouldn't even try to go up to get that ball. Now I guarntee you that Chad would have tried to get that ball. TJ probably still would have decent numbers since they would be doubling Henry, but I bet his numbers still would go down a little bit without Chad on the team.

Its just funny how now with Chad not doing as good as usual that he goes from one of the best in the league to number 3 on his own team...:rolleyes:

Chad is the best receiver on this team, and that is what allows TJ and Henry to do what they do. Does Henry have the potential to one day be better than Chad yes he does, but will he ever use that potential that would be hard to tell at the rate he is going. Chad is the best receiver on the team, and you got to find away to get him the ball. Maybe you need to shorten his routes some early on to get him involved, because with the line not blocking as good him doing those deep outs and deep ins just dont give Carson enough time. Just somehow they need to give him the chance to make plays, and that would open up even more things for everyone else...

:thumb:

In the Bengals 4 wins, it seems Rudi has been more important than Chad.

Chad had 6 catches for 73, 5 for 48, 6 for 78 and 1 for 11.

Rudi had 28 for 96, 26 for 145, 19 for 47 and 26 for 101.

Also, the Bengals are two Kaservehern (sp??) interceptions from 2 wins and 6 losses.

And Kevin's "replacement" missed 2 INTs that were simple catches yesterday.

Shakes and streaks are not slow developing plays. Chad can run 40 yards in just over 4 seconds. That's one second the quarterback holds the ball, three in the air on a lob. The offensive line problems are not keeping them from throwing the deep ball, I honestly don't know why they aren't doing it. But neither does Ed Reed. He must also wear the infamous Bengal Glasses.....

:thumb: Well I think they are starting to throw down field more, but what just really bugs me is that it just seems like the are holding back. I just dont get that feel that they are just trying to attack the opponent this year like the last couple of years, and that is what is bothering me. I know there is some problems with the O-line that causes some of it, but still they just dont seem to have that killer instinct this year. I dont know if its the play calling, or Palmer just not trying to make the throws this year and instead just checking down. But whatever it is I just would like to see them be more of attacking offense, it doesn't mean throw the ball 40 yards down field every play, but just attack the opponent and keep them on their heels...

When the Steelers lost to them earlier this season, he was not doubled most of the time. Ike Taylor had man coverage. He was not a factor like the other 2 were. That is how I base my opinion about him with regards to the other receivers. Frankly, you can be tender about the Chad subject, I suppose if I were a Bengirl fan, I would too. However, it may not be such a slam on Chad as much as a laud on the other 2. He just needs to play IMO. Regardless of how he feels, a professional vents behind closed doors. Of course he's gonna be lumped in with the other primadonnas of the league when you are good for an idiotic quote! Do your flippin' job, if you want to dance, call SoulTrain cause you're obviously not getting to the endzone, if you want to blast your team publicly, go to the first goon with media credentials around his neck, it's working for you so far Chad.

I wouldn't mind if my kid role modeled himself as Chad, as long as he also worked as hard as Chad...

?

I'll pass on him as a role model for my kid! The day my kid comes through the door refering to himself as a # and sporting a golden mohawk is the day we have a long talk unless it's halloween! I also hope I am able to teach him that football is a team game not a look at me game where you have to feel like you are bigger than the game being played. I also hope he learns not to run his smack when he isn't producing because it is really embarrasing!

I'll pass on him as a role model for my kid! The day my kid comes through the door refering to himself as a # and sporting a golden mohawk is the day we have a long talk unless it's halloween! I also hope I am able to teach him that football is a team game not a look at me game where you have to feel like you are bigger than the game being played. I also hope he learns not to run his smack when he isn't producing because it is really embarrasing!

It's much like Chad said today, and you've heard from Rudi in the past. He's making a ton of money, and when he isn't getting chances he feels like he's not earning his check. It's a riot to me that Rudi and Levi go off last week with no backlash...

It's much like Chad said today, and you've heard from Rudi in the past. He's making a ton of money, and when he isn't getting chances he feels like he's not earning his check. It's a riot to me that Rudi and Levi go off last week with no backlash...

Big Willie needs to take all of the young bucks aside and tell them to "shut their yaps" and go to the coaches if they have a problem. We as the paying customers do not want to hear whining. We simply want the problem fixed. I don't care why my cable guy can't get here on time. I don't care why my PC locks up. I don't care why the Bengals are struggling. Shut up and fix the problem. Don't cry to me about it.

BTW, I'd use that lame excuse "I'm not earning my money" as well even though that's not the #1 motivation behind the complaining. It sounds good, doesn't it?

Well I wouldn't mind at all. As long as my kid also gets from Chad the hard work ethic he uses and his passion for doing what he loves. Chad has fun playing the game of football, and that is what football is about that is having fun. When you are playing you need to have fun out there, because it is a game. He plays with as much passion if not more than a guy like Marvin Harrison who doesn't say anything. There is nothing wrong with him actually going out and saying stuff, until what he does negatively effects the team like T.O. did....

Also Yeah Chad feels like he is bigger than the game, that is why his rookie year after he missed a pass to end the game against the Colts he broke down crying because he let his team down. He is bigger than the game because he wants to be given the chance to actually help this team get back on track? Yeah those things really show that he thinks he is bigger than the game...:rolleyes:

I doubt it's because he feels like he isn't earning his check:lol: It's because it's hard on his ego. I feel like they need to be more creative in getting the ball in his hands early. I also think they need to max protect more so they can work double moves etc or else spread it out to a one back set so other teams can't crowd the line of scrimmage so much. I also am not letting Chad off the hook. Holt gets it done, Harrison gets it done so if he is going to proclaim that he's in that group he is going to have to learn to get it done too even in double coverage. Those guys see it too but they don't underperform that bad.

I hope the Bengals get out of their rut and I hope CJ plays the way he is capable. I didn't see Rudi go off.