Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

Featured Replies

I doubt it's because he feels like he isn't earning his check:lol: It's because it's hard on his ego. I feel like they need to be more creative in getting the ball in his hands early. I also think they need to max protect more so they can work double moves etc or else spread it out to a one back set so other teams can't crowd the line of scrimmage so much. I also am not letting Chad off the hook. Holt gets it done, Harrison gets it done so if he is going to proclaim that he's in that group he is going to have to learn to get it done too even in double coverage. Those guys see it too but they don't underperform that bad.

I hope the Bengals get out of their rut and I hope CJ plays the way he is capable. I didn't see Rudi go off.

I disagree 100%. The team is losing, and Chad wants to do more to help them win. Same as Carson. Same as Willie. Same as Rudi. No more no less...

  • Replies 212
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

My editorial.....I disagree that he is the best player. I am not even sure he is the best receiver.

 

"[/i]

 

With all due respect who in the world is better than Chad on this team at receiver?

 

TJ is good, but only as a complement to Chad. Without a versatile guy like 85, TJ would struggle to get open, he just doesn't have the quickness to outrun a Number 1 or 2 corner. Chad can obviously go deep, runs good routes *when he wants to, and even can juke out a guy or two to get the extra 4 yards.

 

As for Chris Henry, he just gives up on plays too much.

I disagree 100%. The team is losing, and Chad wants to do more to help them win. Same as Carson. Same as Willie. Same as Rudi. No more no less...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't doubt for a second thathe is frustrated with losing and his production but I'm not buying the "not earning my paycheck is why I feel bad story". Nobody in the NFL earns what they are paid!

I feel like I've beat this into the ground the last few days. I really do like what Chad Johnson brings to Cincy as far as work ethic, love of life and love of the game. He is obviously a great WR that is struggling right now. I think he is immature a lot of times and tries to make himself bigger than the team sometimes. I also get irked at all players that talk smack when they aren't producing.

I hope he gets on track and I really don't think the Bengals go very far if they don't find a way to get him on track. I am a believer that part of the problem is him, part is the pass pro, part is Carson throwing the ball high and part is the play calling.

This post is sad. Johnson needs the ball thrown to him more. When he does have a breakout game, everyone will be posting how great he is.

There is no doubt he is a great player, that's not what I'm talking about. Look at your avatar. If that doesn't scream LOOK AT ME then I can't help you all see it!

There is no doubt he is a great player, that's not what I'm talking about. Look at your avatar. If that doesn't scream LOOK AT ME then I can't help you all see it!

He's a media favorite. From my side, I'm not sure you understand how many want to get the quote of the week from Chad. I get the feeling we'll always have a media/coach devide... :lol:

Everything Chad said is correct.

 

 

You say he was thrown to 8 times.....only 5 of those were catchable.

 

 

The bottomline is Johnson has been open a heck of a lot of times this season and Palmer either underthrows him or just ignores him. I mean it's not that tough, make good throws and you win. Palmer hasn't been doing it, and the Bengals are losing.

The TO attitude seems to be gaining strength among NFL WR's. Johnson has some legit gripes but he also has to shoulder some blame. This thing is about to blow out of hand if the Bengals continue their slide.

The TO attitude seems to be gaining strength among NFL WR's. Johnson has some legit gripes but he also has to shoulder some blame. This thing is about to blow out of hand if the Bengals continue their slide.

And he said I didnt play well.

There is no doubt he is a great player, that's not what I'm talking about. Look at your avatar. If that doesn't scream LOOK AT ME then I can't help you all see it!

 

Geez Peyton Manning must be a player that is really only a LOOK AT ME type player. Because I know he probably has been on his fair share of covers for SI. And all those commercials Peyton does, like the one where he comes out of the football and tries to look all tough and stuff. I mean that definitely screams LOOK AT ME!.. Im not saying Peyton is at all, but I just trying to show that you cant try to justify that Chad is a look at me type player by using a SI cover....

Everything Chad said is correct.

 

 

You say he was thrown to 8 times.....only 5 of those were catchable.

 

 

The bottomline is Johnson has been open a heck of a lot of times this season and Palmer either underthrows him or just ignores him. I mean it's not that tough, make good throws and you win. Palmer hasn't been doing it, and the Bengals are losing.

 

Doug Johnson would get it done though...

 

Sorry I just had to say it...;):D

I disagree 100%. The team is losing, and Chad wants to do more to help them win. Same as Carson. Same as Willie. Same as Rudi. No more no less...

 

:thumb:

I disagree 100%. The team is losing, and Chad wants to do more to help them win. Same as Carson. Same as Willie. Same as Rudi. No more no less...

 

 

Ok, how about getting open. How about shutting your yap and letting your play speak for itself. His checklists, mohawk, GQ cover, SI cover... this is all a distraction and a joke. I am losing respect for him daily....

 

I applaud TJ for throwing the helmet.... it was a long time coming from a player who IMO has earned the title as the BEST BENGAL RECIEVER.

  • Author
It's much like Chad said today, and you've heard from Rudi in the past. He's making a ton of money, and when he isn't getting chances he feels like he's not earning his check. It's a riot to me that Rudi and Levi go off last week with no backlash...

When someone that is usually quiet and reserved does it, it carries more weight. When you have a clown doing it and who does it every week and continually says it is for entertainment, he, himself, has put him self in position to not be as respected in what he is saying as Rudi and Willie are.

 

There is an old saying, "Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

  • Author

Dave Lapham had an interesting comment on the radio last night. He said that Jerry Rice was double teamed and the 49ers moved him around playing all 3 WR positions. That it required a great deal of commitment on Rice's part because he had to learn the play from all 3 positions and had different route and blocking responsibilities.

 

He said for whatever reason, the Bengals coaching staff has never asked Chad to do that. He said he wasn't sure why but made a comment "you have to have a player that can learn all of the different routes, before you can ask them to do that."

 

I thought that was a very interesting and loaded comment from someone that I would think knows something about the Bengals team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.