November 7, 200619 yr Author Doug Johnson would get it done though... Sorry I just had to say it... Kitna has been doing well in Detroit. And he was let go because he said something to the media about poor ole Chad Johnson running his mouth to the detriment of the team. Sorry, couldn't resist either.
November 7, 200619 yr Ok, how about getting open. How about shutting your yap and letting your play speak for itself. His checklists, mohawk, GQ cover, SI cover... this is all a distraction and a joke. I am losing respect for him daily.... I applaud TJ for throwing the helmet.... it was a long time coming from a player who IMO has earned the title as the BEST BENGAL RECIEVER. Why did he have so many drops Sunday? Why did he let a corner come underneath him on a slant? Why didn't he go up and try to catch that early deep ball? He played AWFUL Sunday. He is also benefiting from playing with more talented recievers. I've been a huge TJ fan for a while. TJ is a great compliment to Chad, and it isn't the other way around. Chad is the best reciever on this team and it really isn't close. TJ's play on Sunday spoke for itself.
November 7, 200619 yr He's a media favorite. From my side, I'm not sure you understand how many want to get the quote of the week from Chad. I get the feeling we'll always have a media/coach devide... :lol: I'd say you are right and that is a really good point! Different glasses we look through I suppose. I hope things turn around for him and the Bengals. I have the feeling they are going too!:thumb:
November 7, 200619 yr Geez Peyton Manning must be a player that is really only a LOOK AT ME type player. Because I know he probably has been on his fair share of covers for SI. And all those commercials Peyton does, like the one where he comes out of the football and tries to look all tough and stuff. I mean that definitely screams LOOK AT ME!.. Im not saying Peyton is at all, but I just trying to show that you cant try to justify that Chad is a look at me type player by using a SI cover.... If you want to compare Peyton and Chad then I can't do much for you! Peyton's commercials are just that. When Peyton Manning starts referring to himself by the number he wears, when Peyton starts sporting a golden mowhak or he starts covering up his name on his jersey then come talk to me. The one big thing you don't understand is that Chad Johnson had 30 yards last week and it's been like that almost every week this season. Peyton Manning just got finished leading his team to wins at New England and at Denver while throwing 4TD's in a game. He's productive not running his mouth while Chad has been non productive and running his mouth. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I can do for you!
November 7, 200619 yr If you want to compare Peyton and Chad then I can't do much for you! Peyton's commercials are just that. When Peyton Manning starts referring to himself by the number he wears, when Peyton starts sporting a golden mowhak or he starts covering up his name on his jersey then come talk to me. The one big thing you don't understand is that Chad Johnson had 30 yards last week and it's been like that almost every week this season. Peyton Manning just got finished leading his team to wins at New England and at Denver while throwing 4TD's in a game. He's productive not running his mouth while Chad has been non productive and running his mouth. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I can do for you! What about when Peyton throws his line under the bus???
November 7, 200619 yr What about when Peyton throws his line under the bus??? Not one of Peyton's shining moments.
November 7, 200619 yr If you want to compare Peyton and Chad then I can't do much for you! Peyton's commercials are just that. When Peyton Manning starts referring to himself by the number he wears, when Peyton starts sporting a golden mowhak or he starts covering up his name on his jersey then come talk to me. The one big thing you don't understand is that Chad Johnson had 30 yards last week and it's been like that almost every week this season. Peyton Manning just got finished leading his team to wins at New England and at Denver while throwing 4TD's in a game. He's productive not running his mouth while Chad has been non productive and running his mouth. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I can do for you! I see your point a little bit here, but people have been saying this stuff about Chad even when he was backing up his talk on the field over the last few years. I think it just comes down to some people like you, that just likes it the way it use to be when nobody said anything. So now finally you actually have something to say about it, because for the first time he is not backing up his talk. Even though the reason for that is not all his fault...You all act like he has been saying stuff all year and not producing, but he really has only been saying stuff for 2 weeks now, and the Falcons game he did have a pretty good game to back it up, and well last week he didn't...As I said before it just comes down to some people cant move on from the old days when people never said anything...
November 7, 200619 yr Kitna has been doing well in Detroit. And he was let go because he said something to the media about poor ole Chad Johnson running his mouth to the detriment of the team. Sorry, couldn't resist either. Whats Detroits record? Who is Detroits Offensive Coordinator? Who did that offensive Coordinator turn into a 2 time MVP in the league? And well how has Kurt Warner done since he has not been in that system anymore? So bringing up Kitna is having success really means absolutely nothing, because most QB's would do good there now...What Kitna said at half time talking about other players, and what Chad Johnson said that he would want the chance to make players is something completely different story. Finally that comment I made was just a joke to that guy, because he suggested that maybe Doug Johnson should start, and then you come back with something that makes no sense at all to what we were talking about. So nice try though...
November 7, 200619 yr Author Whats Detroits record? Who is Detroits Offensive Coordinator? Who did that offensive Coordinator turn into a 2 time MVP in the league? And well how has Kurt Warner done since he has not been in that system anymore? So bringing up Kitna is having success really means absolutely nothing, because most QB's would do good there now...What Kitna said at half time talking about other players, and what Chad Johnson said that he would want the chance to make players is something completely different story. Finally that comment I made was just a joke to that guy, because he suggested that maybe Doug Johnson should start, and then you come back with something that makes no sense at all to what we were talking about. So nice try though... Maybe it was a joke in the same vein yours was. No way would I expect Kitna to replace Carson.:thumb: I do find it interesting that Kitna was villianized for his comments and some of the same posters are defending Chad for something similar. He says that he is the best and the Bengals should ride his shoulders to wins is saying that the others are not capable of helping the Bengals win. TJ is not. Henry is not. Rudi is not. Only Chad is.
November 7, 200619 yr Maybe it was a joke in the same vein yours was. No way would I expect Kitna to replace Carson.:thumb: I do find it interesting that Kitna was villianized for his comments and some of the same posters are defending Chad for something similar. He says that he is the best and the Bengals should ride his shoulders to wins is saying that the others are not capable of helping the Bengals win. TJ is not. Henry is not. Rudi is not. Only Chad is. Yeah that would be a problem if his teammates took it in a negative way, but from comments his teammates have made they seem to understand. Here is a comment from TJ that I just read on bengals.com a little bit ago.. “I know where he’s coming from,” said Houshmandzadeh, “When you win, you don’t say anything. When you lose, and you don’t think you got the ball enough, that’s the competitor in you. You think you can make a difference if you get the ball. That’s what a competitor does.” It seems to me that they understand and have no probelm with it at all...Also I mean just look at the last few years, when Chad is getting the ball and is tops in the AFC in receiving yards. The offense has been one of the best in the leagues those years, and now his numbers are down, and wow somehow the offense is not doing as good this year...So there is nothing wrong at all with what he said, and wanting to get the ball to try to help out the team because there are facts behind it that shows that when Chad is doing well so if this offense. What he said was the truth, and he just wants that chance like he use to get to make plays and help the team, and there is nothing wrong with that...
November 7, 200619 yr Author Yeah that would be a problem if his teammates took it in a negative way, but from comments his teammates have made they seem to understand. Here is a comment from TJ that I just read on bengals.com a little bit ago.. “I know where he’s coming from,” said Houshmandzadeh, “When you win, you don’t say anything. When you lose, and you don’t think you got the ball enough, that’s the competitor in you. You think you can make a difference if you get the ball. That’s what a competitor does.” It seems to me that they understand and have no probelm with it at all...Also I mean just look at the last few years, when Chad is getting the ball and is tops in the AFC in receiving yards. The offense has been one of the best in the leagues those years, and now his numbers are down, and wow somehow the offense is not doing as good this year...So there is nothing wrong at all with what he said, and wanting to get the ball to try to help out the team because there are facts behind it that shows that when Chad is doing well so if this offense. What he said was the truth, and he just wants that chance like he use to get to make plays and help the team, and there is nothing wrong with that... Maybe Chad was getting the ball because of the OL providing time for Carson. Maybe Chad was getting the ball because the defenses had to key on stopping Rudi and not Chad. Lapham indicated on the radio last night that EVERY Bengals opponent had played (I believe it was called) a Cover 2 defense with the safeties providing over the top coverage on Chad and TJ. That someone had to hit the middle of the field, tight end/Henry AND they have to continue to have Rudi killing the middle to make the opponents move the safeties off of playing over the top on Chad and TJ. When the question was posed about Chad running those WR routes in the middle and moving him around, he responded with the reply that I posted above about the coaches having never asked nor Chad ever learning the routes of the other WR's as Jerry Rice had.
November 8, 200619 yr Maybe Chad was getting the ball because of the OL providing time for Carson. Maybe Chad was getting the ball because the defenses had to key on stopping Rudi and not Chad. Lapham indicated on the radio last night that EVERY Bengals opponent had played (I believe it was called) a Cover 2 defense with the safeties providing over the top coverage on Chad and TJ. That someone had to hit the middle of the field, tight end/Henry AND they have to continue to have Rudi killing the middle to make the opponents move the safeties off of playing over the top on Chad and TJ. When the question was posed about Chad running those WR routes in the middle and moving him around, he responded with the reply that I posted above about the coaches having never asked nor Chad ever learning the routes of the other WR's as Jerry Rice had. Teams playing a Cover 2 defense is nothing new, they been doing that the last few years. They been doing it the years when Chad was still leading the AFC in receiving yards. Teams always have a guy on Chad and then another guy over top of him to TRY to prevent him from going long. But that never stopped him... Your points about Chad not getting the ball because of the OL is part of the reason, and if you have notice I have said that many of times. That is why when people say that Chad needs to back up his talk with his play on the field, that is why I defend him because as I said alot of it is not his fault becaue the line is not giving Palmer time to get it to him, or when he does throw it to him he is throwing it high still...So that only helps my point more because you all saying if he is going to talk he needs to back it up then, well the problem alot of the times is not him, its other reasons... Then your part about saying that maybe the reason why Chad was getting the ball the other years because teams was keying on Rudi is wrong, because as I just said this is not the first year that teams have been doubling Chad. They been doing that the last few years by having a guy on Chad and then having another guy over top of him to TRY prevent him going down field. But he was able to do it those years when teams were doing the same things...So with him being successful with it in the past, why shouldn't he be wanting the team to do it this year as well, especially since the team is struggling offensively anyways right now...I will admit this however that Chad does need to realize that part of the reason to why he is not getting the ball as much is because of Carson not having enough time to throw the ball this year... The reason why I just get upset about this because it seems like people like you just try to find a reason to stick Chad right in there with a T.O.. When what Chad has said is true right now, and for this offense to do well they do need him to be getting chances to make the plays...As I said before I think its just a case where some people cant get over the old days when people didn't say anything, and so they think that if players do say stuff they must not be that good or work as hard as someone who keeps their mouth shut. When really that is not true either, because as I said before yeah Chad does say stuff, but he also works as hard if not harder than any receiver that doesn't say anything. So he shouldn't be critized for what he does, especially when he really has not done anything wrong especially with what he said this week...
November 8, 200619 yr Looks like Simmons isn't to happy with Chad: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5656 Over here is Simmons, the calm nine-year veteran who is the dean of the defense with 116 games played at linebacker since 1998. He never says much, so when he does, take note. “I think we have some guys who have their own agenda and when you try to something team oriented I think that’s a detriment,” Simmons said. “We’ve got some guys more concerned about their well being than the well being of the team and that’s not a good thing. Everybody’s got an agenda, but they can’t be a selfish one, and think we’ve got a lot of selfishness going on.”
November 8, 200619 yr Looks like Simmons isn't to happy with Chad: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5656 Over here is Simmons, the calm nine-year veteran who is the dean of the defense with 116 games played at linebacker since 1998. He never says much, so when he does, take note. “I think we have some guys who have their own agenda and when you try to something team oriented I think that’s a detriment,” Simmons said. “We’ve got some guys more concerned about their well being than the well being of the team and that’s not a good thing. Everybody’s got an agenda, but they can’t be a selfish one, and think we’ve got a lot of selfishness going on.” I really dont think he is talking about just Chad only in this statement...It sounds the same as what Carson pretty much said, and that is that we have alot of immature guys on the team that needs to grow up...like a chris henry too...
November 8, 200619 yr I really dont think he is talking about just Chad only in this statement because I saw this article too, but Im sure part of it he is talking about Chad... Well I know he doesn't mean just Chad he said it's more than one person but, Chad is definitely one of them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.