Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

Featured Replies

I see your point a little bit here, but people have been saying this stuff about Chad even when he was backing up his talk on the field over the last few years. I think it just comes down to some people like you, that just likes it the way it use to be when nobody said anything. So now finally you actually have something to say about it, because for the first time he is not backing up his talk. Even though the reason for that is not all his fault...You all act like he has been saying stuff all year and not producing, but he really has only been saying stuff for 2 weeks now, and the Falcons game he did have a pretty good game to back it up, and well last week he didn't...As I said before it just comes down to some people cant move on from the old days when people never said anything...

Trust me I talked a lot of smack in games and backed it up. The difference is that I didn't try to seperate myself from the team. Football is the ultimate team game. People who have played it + been successful in it understand that. If you want to stand out by yourself then play tennis or golf. I admire Chad's work ethic. The entertainment side of me laughs at some of his dances. I even laughed at TO when he slept on the ball last week. It's good entertainment but so was wrestling. To win in the NFL you better learn to be a team and right now some worry more about standing out.

I guess the best way to try to get you to understand what I'm saying is to look at the Pats. They aren't flashy and don't have all the individual egos but the have a handfull of rings!

You are dead on that I respect the game and the guys that have played it in the past. I'm not some old prude that doesn't enjoy some of the entertainment when it's in good fun but when you are trying to stand out bigger than your team I have a problem with it. I also just think guys look like putzes when they run their smack and don't back it up no matter who it is or what sport.

I hope CJ turns it around and I think he will but he's starting to get a little to full of himself when his team really needs him to step up and perform. I still think he is one of the better WR's in the league but when you constantly self proclaim that you are the best or in the top 3 then you look pretty silly with the stats he has put up thus far! Right now you could multiply his TD's x3 and the might get in the range of the 7th round pick (Colesten) for the Saints. That's not top 3 in my book!

  • Replies 212
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trust me I talked a lot of smack in games and backed it up. The difference is that I didn't try to seperate myself from the team. Football is the ultimate team game. People who have played it + been successful in it understand that. If you want to stand out by yourself then play tennis or golf. I admire Chad's work ethic. The entertainment side of me laughs at some of his dances. I even laughed at TO when he slept on the ball last week. It's good entertainment but so was wrestling. To win in the NFL you better learn to be a team and right now some worry more about standing out.

I guess the best way to try to get you to understand what I'm saying is to look at the Pats. They aren't flashy and don't have all the individual egos but the have a handfull of rings!

You are dead on that I respect the game and the guys that have played it in the past. I'm not some old prude that doesn't enjoy some of the entertainment when it's in good fun but when you are trying to stand out bigger than your team I have a problem with it. I also just think guys look like putzes when they run their smack and don't back it up no matter who it is or what sport.

I hope CJ turns it around and I think he will but he's starting to get a little to full of himself when his team really needs him to step up and perform. I still think he is one of the better WR's in the league but when you constantly self proclaim that you are the best or in the top 3 then you look pretty silly with the stats he has put up thus far! Right now you could multiply his TD's x3 and the might get in the range of the 7th round pick (Colesten) for the Saints. That's not top 3 in my book!

 

When has he once proclaimed that he is the best or even one of the top 3 receivers in the league? If you have seen interviews with him when people have asked him if he thinks he is the best in the league he has said that he dont think he is the best, but is up there though. He then usually goes on to name people like Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, Tory Holt, and TO as people that are better than him at this point. And he says this because he talks about how these players are able to run with the ball after a catch to make a big play out of it, while he still needs to work on that part of his game. So yeah he has not once proclaimed that he is the best receiver in the league like you said...

 

Also how does just saying he would like the chance to actually make plays to help the team being selfish? He is just trying to help the team and thinks he can do it. Really there is no reason not to believe that as being true, because it has been shown that when he is getting chances to make plays that this whole offense does better. Most people in the media have actually agreed with Chad and his remarks about how they do need to get him the ball more.

 

You talk about the Pats and how they are team at its finest which is very true, but earlier in the year when we were 3 and 0 and Chad wasn't getting the ball he wasn't complaining at all. He even talked about how with him getting doubled team, that it is allowing these other receivers to make plays and it has been working and they been winning. When teams start losing though and one of your best players is not really being involved. Then of coarse they going to believe that they would be able to help get the team going again and that is what he said. Which is very true because as I have said a few times, there is facts to back it up that when Chad is getting the chance to make plays this whole offense is better...

 

Yeah Chad talks, but people really got to stop looking at ways to think of him as a problem like at T.O. just because he talks and has fun with it...

Chad is a great player. Chad is immature. Chad enjoys life. Chad tries to draw to much attention to himself. At times Chad is great teammate. At times Chad is a selfish teammate. Chad is a sparkplug at times. Chad underproduces at times. Chad takes the blame sometimes. Chad blames others somtimes. See a theme here? There is good and bad with him. I agree that they should get him the ball more but I also think he should be more of a team player instead of trying to get so much attention.

I just get a kick out of the people that don't think he is look at me type of guy. Talking to your coaches behind close doors about getting the ball and describing yourself on national T.V. as a Christmas or Hood orinment is just flat immature and not the right way to try to fix the problem. Approaching your coaches behind closed doors letting them know that you feel like you can change things if you work together would be the way I'd want my teammates or players doing it!

When has he once proclaimed that he is the best or even one of the top 3 receivers in the league? .

Maybe you haven't recognized it because he doesn't go by Chad Johnson. Chad Johnson would be that guy that he refers to as 85 being the best. When you have to refer to yourself as a number then you've got a little ego... hello!

Maybe you haven't recognized it because he doesn't go by Chad Johnson. Chad Johnson would be that guy that he refers to as 85 being the best. When you have to refer to yourself as a number then you've got a little ego... hello!

 

Maybe you haven't realized that if his ego was as bad as you say, then he would have just came out and said yeah Im the best in the league when people ask him if he thinks he is the best...But does do that no, because as I have already said he even admits that he is not the best in the league at the wide receiver position, and that he still has work to do to earn that title...

Chad is a great player. Chad is immature. Chad enjoys life. Chad tries to draw to much attention to himself. At times Chad is great teammate. At times Chad is a selfish teammate. Chad is a sparkplug at times. Chad underproduces at times. Chad takes the blame sometimes. Chad blames others somtimes. See a theme here? There is good and bad with him. I agree that they should get him the ball more but I also think he should be more of a team player instead of trying to get so much attention.

I just get a kick out of the people that don't think he is look at me type of guy. Talking to your coaches behind close doors about getting the ball and describing yourself on national T.V. as a Christmas or Hood orinment is just flat immature and not the right way to try to fix the problem. Approaching your coaches behind closed doors letting them know that you feel like you can change things if you work together would be the way I'd want my teammates or players doing it!

 

How do you know that he didn't already do that before, because I mean earlier in the year he wasn't getting the ball much then either but he wasn't saying anything in the media then. So maybe that did work and sometimes you do have to go out in the media, because sometimes it does get a point across better. Just look at Rudi last week saying they needed to run the ball more and that is what they did and well now he said he is happy with the amount of carries he got. So is Rudi wrong then since he went out in the media to when he asked for the team to run the ball more? Because all Chad has done is the same thing in asking for a chance to make plays to help the team, but he is wrong for doing that?

Pretty much though no matter what did Chad was going to get some backlash from some of you people on here. When the NBC guy asked him what he thought about the offense he could either be honest and say what he did which was the truth. Or he could have just said no comment and then you all would have took that as Chad saying something bad as well. So pretty much no matter what Chad did in this case and most cases its going to get turned around on him...

Some Cincy fans are as bad as Kentucky fans.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blind.;)

Some Cincy fans are as bad as Kentucky fans.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blind.;)

 

Im sorry but I am a fan of both and I got better than perfect vision...:D

How do you know that he didn't already do that before, because I mean earlier in the year he wasn't getting the ball much then either but he wasn't saying anything in the media then. So maybe that did work and sometimes you do have to go out in the media, because sometimes it does get a point across better. Just look at Rudi last week saying they needed to run the ball more and that is what they did and well now he said he is happy with the amount of carries he got. So is Rudi wrong then since he went out in the media to when he asked for the team to run the ball more? Because all Chad has done is the same thing in asking for a chance to make plays to help the team, but he is wrong for doing that?

So we've got Chad vs Manning, Chad vs the Pats and now Chad vs Rudi. Do you really in your mind think Rudi is arrogant like Chad? When Rudi referrs to himself as his number, wears a golden mohawk, covers up the name on his jersey or blows up in the lockerroom in the most important game of the season get back with me:lol:

So we've got Chad vs Manning, Chad vs the Pats and now Chad vs Rudi. Do you really in your mind think Rudi is arrogant like Chad? When Rudi referrs to himself as his number, wears a golden mohawk, covers up the name on his jersey or blows up in the lockerroom in the most important game of the season get back with me:lol:

 

No I was asking you if you thought they were since they have done the same thing as Chad...Its like a double standard that you use here, because its alright for a player to say something like that if they usually dont talk, but if they are someone who does talk like Chad(which you have made clear is something you dont think people should do) then they must be wrong in saying the same thing as another person...:rolleyes:

The way C.J. talks and the T.O. talks are totally different. Chad try's to get into the opponents head, and pumps up the Bengal offense at the same time. And he usually comes through. T.O. on the other hand says more selfish things, and T.O. obviously didnt come through last week.

No I was asking you if you thought they were since they have done the same thing as Chad...Its like a double standard that you use here, because its alright for a player to say something like that if they usually dont talk, but if they are someone who does talk like Chad(which you have made clear is something you dont think people should do) then they must be wrong in saying the same thing as another person...:rolleyes:

If you want to compare Chad Johnson to Peyton Manning, the Pats and Rudi then I feel it's a waste of time to try to get you to see the light.

SOMEBODY PULL OUT THE DEAD HORSE! THIS ONE IS GETTING OLD:thumb:

If you want to compare Chad Johnson to Peyton Manning, the Pats and Rudi then I feel it's a waste of time to try to get you to see the light.

SOMEBODY PULL OUT THE DEAD HORSE! THIS ONE IS GETTING OLD:thumb:

 

This is getting old, but there is no light for me to get to see. I really do not know what you are trying to convince me of at all in your post...

 

I know Chad is a look at me type player, everybody knows that. But Chad has not done anything like the other look at me type players that seem to only care more about what he does than the team..That is the light that I am trying to get you to see...

The way C.J. talks and the T.O. talks are totally different. Chad try's to get into the opponents head, and pumps up the Bengal offense at the same time. And he usually comes through. T.O. on the other hand says more selfish things, and T.O. obviously didnt come through last week.

 

His antics have really pumped the Bengals up - to the tune of .500.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.