Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

Back at the beginning of the season, I mused that I wonder what route Chad will take when things start to go bad. He is cute and entertaining when the Bengals are winning but will the constant running of his mouth lead to the TO syndrome when/if the Bengals hit hard times.

Today's Enquirer:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061106/SPT02/611060320/1066

Chad: Just get me the (expletive) ball

"Anybody have the stats for today?" Johnson asked at one time. "Four - that sucks. You have your best player, and you can't even get him the (expletive) ball. I just go out there and get the job done. But now, all of a sudden, there is a problem this year. How many catches did I get? Four. That (expletive) sucks, too."

My editorial.....I disagree that he is the best player. I am not even sure he is the best receiver.

"When Christmas comes around, I might as well be a hood ornament. Because all I've been so far is a decoration - a decoration sitting out there all pretty, ready for people to jump on."

Will he now started posing in the endzone like famous hood ornaments? The jaguar? The Mercedes Benz?

"What is No. 85 now, some kind of secret?" he said. "They know what the hades(BGP censor and editing) I can do."

He made a joking reference to retiring.

"Maybe I should retire like Tiki (Barber)," Johnson said of the New York Giants running back.

"You tell me what the problem is."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at the beginning of the season, I mused that I wonder what route Chad will take when things start to go bad. He is cute and entertaining when the Bengals are winning but will the constant running of his mouth lead to the TO syndrome when/if the Bengals hit hard times.

Today's Enquirer:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061106/SPT02/611060320/1066

Chad: Just get me the (expletive) ball

"Anybody have the stats for today?" Johnson asked at one time. "Four - that sucks. You have your best player, and you can't even get him the (expletive) ball. I just go out there and get the job done. But now, all of a sudden, there is a problem this year. How many catches did I get? Four. That (expletive) sucks, too."

My editorial.....I disagree that he is the best player. I am not even sure he is the best receiver.

"When Christmas comes around, I might as well be a hood ornament. Because all I've been so far is a decoration - a decoration sitting out there all pretty, ready for people to jump on."

Will he now started posing in the endzone like famous hood ornaments? The jaguar? The Mercedes Benz?

"What is No. 85 now, some kind of secret?" he said. "They know what the hades(BGP censor and editing) I can do."

He made a joking reference to retiring.

"Maybe I should retire like Tiki (Barber)," Johnson said of the New York Giants running back.

"You tell me what the problem is."

Don't alligator arm a football in the second series giving up an interception, and your team would have won. :fight: I little 85 scared of Ed Reed, you bet he was.:eek:

He is frustrated like everyone else. I bet Carson has alot of things we would like to say but, he's doesn't like that talk like Chad.

And my point. It is all about Chad in Chad's mind. I am not sure Chad would fully be satisfied if the Bengals won the Super Bowl and Chad finished with two insignificant catches.

But Johnson was in no mood to celebrate his accomplishment after Cincinnati lost for the fourth time in five games. The Bengals are at .500 for the first time since 2004.

"We, as a team, are not playing well enough to come away with victories. No explaining necessary. No beating around the bush. As a whole, we are not playing well at all," Johnson said.

He was particularly upset about being held to four catches.

"Four? Four? That's substandard. I'm supposed to be the best player and I can't even get the ball," he said. "No excuses, I didn't get the job done."

I like how the reporter left out when Chad took blame for not get the ball and when he talked about the team problems.

Some people will never see it but true team players stick together when times are tough. I know he is frustrated and they should be getting him the ball more on easy throws but he isn't playing like a #1 WR either. Until he does I wish he would shut up and play!

The Bengals still have a team that can make a serious run. I wish they would either leave extra guys in to protect so Carson has more time to get the ball off or really spread it out so defenses can't bring so many people. The Ravens kept their whole team on the line of scrimmage yesterday it seemed like! Spread it out and get them out or leave extra guys in to block so Chad + TJ can do their things with time to run whatever routes they want.

Bottom line yesterday was they got hit in the mouth early and it's just tough to come back on a defense like Baltimore when you get down like that.

Roll up the sleeves and get back to work. The Bengals are to good to be down long!

But Johnson was in no mood to celebrate his accomplishment after Cincinnati lost for the fourth time in five games. The Bengals are at .500 for the first time since 2004.

"We, as a team, are not playing well enough to come away with victories. No explaining necessary. No beating around the bush. As a whole, we are not playing well at all," Johnson said.

He was particularly upset about being held to four catches.

"Four? Four? That's substandard. I'm supposed to be the best player and I can't even get the ball," he said. "No excuses, I didn't get the job done."

I like how the reporter left out when Chad took blame for not get the ball and when he talked about the team problems.

From my understanding, Chad was a little incorrect. He was thrown to 8 out of 32 times. He simply made the catch 4 times.

I didn't like his assumption that the offense revolves around him when in truth Rudi is a bigger part of the offense than him as well as Carson is more important to the offense than he is. True, running your mouth style, to try and talk yourself up higher than you are.

Remember, Marvin alluded to Chad not running correct routes a few weeks back.

Johnson has a point the need to get hime the ball when a team has to focus on him opens up for the other WR's. Carson has to stop throwing off his back foot, the ball are too high.

And last week it was the team saying that Rudi needing the ball more. Carson had 26 Attempts and there were 22 rushes, so that is 48 offensive plays not counting fourth downs.

Is 18 rushes for Rudi enough?

LY and preseason we heard over and over and over that they needed to throw to the TE more and having been doing that this year. So do you want throwing to the TE or throwing more to Chad?

When Henry was suspended, everyone said that we needed him back for a deep threat. Now he is back are you not going to throw it to him?

TJ had 3 catches and not sure how many times he got it throw his way but doesn't he deserve to have it thrown to him 5-6 times a game?

Chad has to realize he is a piston in the engine and NOT the engine.

I'm sure the media took some of the stuff he said out of context. Somewhere in the interview he placed blame on himself, but they want to portray him as TO to get more readers so they leave that section out.

The interview they showed on NBC last night was a 2-3 minute clip with no perceived editing.

That may be, but you can't tell me the media doesn't want another TO drama case. They will do whatever they can to blow up this situation, and we don't know for sure if that all Chad said.

Easy way to prevent that is to not run your mouth to the media. If he is stupid enough to do it, when he should realize they are salivating at the mouth to get a juicy story that will be a nationwide story, than he deserves what he gets for playing into it.

Does anyone really need to tell him that they media will use him plain and simple to advance their stories.

Just play and quit telling everyone how good you are. Show it.