Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

Featured Replies

Some guys let their emotions get the best of them. He's one of them. Jeremy Shockey is one of them. Neither of the two are as bad as TO, however they are both compared to him.

You don't see guys like Carson Plamer and Rudi Johnson running their mouth. It's called being mature which isn't a word that Johnson or Shockey are familiar with. I like both of them, love watching both of them play even love their emotion and that they bring to their teams most of the time. I just don't support their whinning when times are tough. Suck it up, keep your mouth shut, work harder and produce.

  • Replies 212
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA....Sometime at the end of last season I said that Bengal fans would hate Chad if he played for another team.

 

And while I am still sure of that, I really think that another couple of seasons like this they'll hate him even if he is still playing in the Queen City.

 

By the way...While I do feel he is talented, I've never liked him. He wants to be bigger than the game, bigger than the team, and the center of attention at all times. What's wrong with just playing the game?

HA....Sometime at the end of last season I said that Bengal fans would hate Chad if he played for another team.

 

And while I am still sure of that, I really think that another couple of seasons like this they'll hate him even if he is still playing in the Queen City.

 

By the way...While I do feel he is talented, I've never liked him. He wants to be bigger than the game, bigger than the team, and the center of attention at all times. What's wrong with just playing the game?

 

I dont know of a single sports player, that doesn't want to be the best at what he does. So whats wrong with him actually coming out and saying it, because I guarntee you every player wants to be the best. Yeah the players want the team to win, but they also want to be the best at what they do...

"Anybody have the stats for today?" Johnson asked at one time. "Four - that sucks. You have your best player, and you can't even get him the (expletive) ball. I just go out there and get the job done. But now, all of a sudden, there is a problem this year. How many catches did I get? Four. That (expletive) sucks, too."

 

If it didn't say "Johnson" in the quote, I'd think it was Randy Moss talking.

Back at the beginning of the season, I mused that I wonder what route Chad will take when things start to go bad. He is cute and entertaining when the Bengals are winning but will the constant running of his mouth lead to the TO syndrome when/if the Bengals hit hard times.

 

Today's Enquirer:

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061106/SPT02/611060320/1066

 

Chad: Just get me the (expletive) ball

 

"Anybody have the stats for today?" Johnson asked at one time. "Four - that sucks. You have your best player, and you can't even get him the (expletive) ball. I just go out there and get the job done. But now, all of a sudden, there is a problem this year. How many catches did I get? Four. That (expletive) sucks, too."

 

My editorial.....I disagree that he is the best player. I am not even sure he is the best receiver.

 

"When Christmas comes around, I might as well be a hood ornament. Because all I've been so far is a decoration - a decoration sitting out there all pretty, ready for people to jump on."

 

Will he now started posing in the endzone like famous hood ornaments? The jaguar? The Mercedes Benz?

 

"What is No. 85 now, some kind of secret?" he said. "They know what the hades(BGP censor and editing) I can do."

 

He made a joking reference to retiring.

 

"Maybe I should retire like Tiki (Barber)," Johnson said of the New York Giants running back.

 

"You tell me what the problem is."

 

You show how the media writes the story, but did you say anything about how the alot of the media actually agrees with him. I watched NBC last night and other sports channels and when those guys talked about Chad saying that, most of the guys agreed with him. The team has to find away to get Chad involved more. If you have noticed the offense has not been as good this year as usual, and the years that the offense has been doing good was when Chad was getting the ball.

 

So Chad is right in what he said he does need to get the ball more. This is just away of some people in the media trying to make him be like a TO so they get more attention for it...

  • Author
You show how the media writes the story, but did you say anything about how the alot of the media actually agrees with him. I watched NBC last night and other sports channels and when those guys talked about Chad saying that, most of the guys agreed with him. The team has to find away to get Chad involved more. If you have noticed the offense has not been as good this year as usual, and the years that the offense has been doing good was when Chad was getting the ball.

 

So Chad is right in what he said he does need to get the ball more. This is just away of some people in the media trying to make him be like a TO so they get more attention for it...

You know Marvin Harrison doesn't get the ball and we hear nothing. In fact, whether he gets the ball or not, we don't hear anything. He just goes out there does his job and lets the stats say what a good receiver he is. For the most part, Rice never ran his mouth like Chad, TO, Keyshawn does.

 

It seems that the WR's that are good but not great try and run their mouth to convince people they are great when they never can become great.

 

If I can't be the best of all time or not willing to put in the hard work and sacrifice to be the best of all time, I will just say I am and someone will believe me.

"Anybody have the stats for today?" Johnson asked at one time. "Four - that sucks. You have your best player, and you can't even get him the (expletive) ball. I just go out there and get the job done. But now, all of a sudden, there is a problem this year. How many catches did I get? Four. That (expletive) sucks, too."

 

If it didn't say "Johnson" in the quote, I'd think it was Randy Moss talking.

Here is an idea. Don't alligator arm the football in the second series when Ed Reed is coming at you, the ball won't go off your fingertips, and lose the game by scoring a touchdown for the other team on an interception due to your scared play. Maybe the fifth catch he could have had is the reason 85 is upset. A little bit of intestinal fortitude across the middle may have backed up his mouth and earned his check yesterday.

You know Marvin Harrison doesn't get the ball and we hear nothing. In fact, whether he gets the ball or not, we don't hear anything. He just goes out there does his job and lets the stats say what a good receiver he is. For the most part, Rice never ran his mouth like Chad, TO, Keyshawn does.

 

It seems that the WR's that are good but not great try and run their mouth to convince people they are great when they never can become great.

 

If I can't be the best of all time or not willing to put in the hard work and sacrifice to be the best of all time, I will just say I am and someone will believe me.

 

So your saying Chad doesn't work hard and put in the time? I mean from what I have heard Chad probably works harder and spends more time studying and preparing than most receivers...

I think this was a very interesting quote form Ed Reed of the Ravens...

 

"It just seems that, while they still want to be a deep-ball team, they've been more patient this year. I don't know why. I'll let them try to explain it. But it seems like they're trying to put more drives together this year rather than going for the quick score."

 

It doesn't seem to be just Chad that thinks something is up with this offense...

  • Author
I think this was a very interesting quote form Ed Reed of the Ravens...

 

"It just seems that, while they still want to be a deep-ball team, they've been more patient this year. I don't know why. I'll let them try to explain it. But it seems like they're trying to put more drives together this year rather than going for the quick score."

 

It doesn't seem to be just Chad that thinks something is up with this offense...

Through this in the face of the last two games where they were dominated on the time of possession stat. I believe I heard Ken Broo talking about the Ravens had the ball for almost a whole quarter more than the Bengals.

 

I could see a coaching strategy with all of the injuries on the defensive side of key players in wanting to hold the ball for long sustained drives and keep the defense off of the field.

  • Author
So your saying Chad doesn't work hard and put in the time? I mean from what I have heard Chad probably works harder and spends more time studying and preparing than most receivers...

Chad is not talking about "most" receivers. His position is that he definitely is one of the top WR's in the NFL, hands down. He talks about himself being great and unstoppable.

 

Heard something on the radio this week talking about the times Chad has to come out of the game with cramps in his legs. The other 47 players don't have that problem. Does he take care of himself nutritionally to prevent that? My understanding is that he loves McD's. Great nutritional diet when you are having to come out of the game with leg cramps.

Through this in the face of the last two games where they were dominated on the time of possession stat. I believe I heard Ken Broo talking about the Ravens had the ball for almost a whole quarter more than the Bengals.

 

I could see a coaching strategy with all of the injuries on the defensive side of key players in wanting to hold the ball for long sustained drives and keep the defense off of the field.

 

Well that coaching strategy hasn't been working...Just more than anything it just does not seem like the offense is attacking the defense this year, and instead they are just playing in the defenses hands and taking what they give them...

  • Author
Well that coaching strategy hasn't been working...Just more than anything it just does not seem like the offense is attacking the defense this year, and instead they are just playing in the defenses hands and taking what they give them...

Don't you need an OL to give Palmer time to go down the field? Have the Bengals had that? Does Palmer have the time to hold the ball and let the WR's get down the field on a consistent basis?

Chad is not talking about "most" receivers. His position is that he definitely is one of the top WR's in the NFL, hands down. He talks about himself being great and unstoppable.

 

Heard something on the radio this week talking about the times Chad has to come out of the game with cramps in his legs. The other 47 players don't have that problem. Does he take care of himself nutritionally to prevent that? My understanding is that he loves McD's. Great nutritional diet when you are having to come out of the game with leg cramps.

 

Chad has also talked about and has tried to change that, by eating more banannas and drinking just more fluids. But just it hasn't worked.

 

And Chas has been one of the top WR's in the NFL hands down for a few years now. If I remember correctly Marvin Harrison even a few years back had a year where he didn't quite put up his great numbers like usual, but he was still considered a great WR...Also I was commenting on your comment that he doesn't work as hard as Harrison and that is not true, because as I said it known league wide the Chad does work as hard if not harder than every receiver in the league...

Don't you need an OL to give Palmer time to go down the field? Have the Bengals had that? Does Palmer have the time to hold the ball and let the WR's get down the field on a consistent basis?

 

Yes you do, and dont question me because I know all of that. If you have seen in my post on usually all the bengal threads I even say all that. There is alot of problems with the offense that they need to fix. But as I was saying it just dont seem that they still are trying to attack as much as they usually would. They just seem to take what the defenses are giving them.. So let me ask you this then, do you think the offense is playing the way they should? Or do you think they just seem to be like I said just taking what the defense is giving them instead of making the defense react to them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.