Is the TO side of Ocho Cinco showing?

Chad has also talked about and has tried to change that, by eating more banannas and drinking just more fluids. But just it hasn't worked.

And Chas has been one of the top WR's in the NFL hands down for a few years now. If I remember correctly Marvin Harrison even a few years back had a year where he didn't quite put up his great numbers like usual, but he was still considered a great WR...Also I was commenting on your comment that he doesn't work as hard as Harrison and that is not true, because as I said it known league wide the Chad does work as hard if not harder than every receiver in the league...

How do you know that?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that?

Well lets they have talked about it before on sports channels. They talked about how he is one of the only guys they ever known that would actually sleep at the stadium, so this way he is there all the time so he can study on film anytime he wants. Also just that he wants to be the best receiver is another reason why he works so hard. Yeah Chad talks alot, but that is because he has also earned that right to talk. He is not no rookie doing the talking anymore, he is someone that has been to Pro Bowls, led the league in receiving yards. So now this year he doesn't get the ball as much, and then the offense is suddenly not doing as good as usual. Then I see his point to wanting the ball more, because this offense is better when he is doing stuff.

Also from the quotes he listed, it sounded more like he just wants a chance to make plays for his team. And he should get that chance because he has shown that he can do it. You talk about Harrison and how he dont talk and that is good for him, but he also gets a chance to make plays usually. If you saw last night game there were times he was not open but Peyton gave him a chance to make a play on it. Like the one in the end zone he was not open at all, but Peyton put it out there to try to let him make a play, and he made an outstanding catch. From Chads quotes is sounds like that is all that he is wanting is a chance to make plays, and there is nothing wrong with that. He shown also earlier this year on 4th and one against Carolina. He was guarded pretty good but was given a chance to make a play and he made it..

So there is nothing wrong at all with a receiver who has proven him self in the league to just want a chance to make a play on the ball. And I just get really tired of people who try to take that as saying he is like a T.O. because of it...

Well lets they have talked about it before on sports channels. They talked about how he is one of the only guys they ever known that would actually sleep at the stadium, so this way he is there all the time so he can study on film anytime he wants. Also just that he wants to be the best receiver is another reason why he works so hard. Yeah Chad talks alot, but that is because he has also earned that right to talk. He is not no rookie doing the talking anymore, he is someone that has been to Pro Bowls, led the league in receiving yards. So now this year he doesn't get the ball as much, and then the offense is suddenly not doing as good as usual. Then I see his point to wanting the ball more, because this offense is better when he is doing stuff.

Also from the quotes he listed, it sounded more like he just wants a chance to make plays for his team. And he should get that chance because he has shown that he can do it. You talk about Harrison and how he dont talk and that is good for him, but he also gets a chance to make plays usually. If you saw last night game there were times he was not open but Peyton gave him a chance to make a play on it. Like the one in the end zone he was not open at all, but Peyton put it out there to try to let him make a play, and he made an outstanding catch. From Chads quotes is sounds like that is all that he is wanting is a chance to make plays, and there is nothing wrong with that. He shown also earlier this year on 4th and one against Carolina. He was guarded pretty good but was given a chance to make a play and he made it..

So there is nothing wrong at all with a receiver who has proven him self in the league to just want a chance to make a play on the ball. And I just get really tired of people who try to take that as saying he is like a T.O. because of it...

It would be interesting to see if this is true when compared to Rudi and Rudi having success.

I believe Carson did throw him a bomb in last week's game and did he not let it go through his hands?

I have said that Chad is entertaining but when things start to not go his way, he will turn on Carson, the coaches and the like. And that is what he did.

I dont know of a single sports player, that doesn't want to be the best at what he does. So whats wrong with him actually coming out and saying it, because I guarntee you every player wants to be the best. Yeah the players want the team to win, but they also want to be the best at what they do...

Yeah, whatever.

Only punks toot their own horn. Grown men let their play on the field do the talking, end of story.

Why do people feel the need to defend the actions of guys like T.O., Randy Moss, Joe Horn, Jeremy Shockey, and Chad Johnson? Are these guys your role models? Regardless, whether they are or not, would you want your kids watching the way these guys act & thinking that is the way people genuinely behave?

I DO NOT want the NFL to be branded as a thug league the way NBA basketball has been of late, and this year these guys are bringing more trash to the table than game.

How do you know that?

I have saw several reports over the years pertaining to his work ethic.He does work hard at what he does.Chad can't throw the ball to himself,if he could I'm sure he would.Carson is not looking for him as much this year for some reason.When he has been open and thrown to,it is thrown high or short a lot of times.What about the one catch he made yesterday that he lost his shoe on.Way over his head.If he would have caught the one that was intercepted he would probably been in the hospital today.Say what you want about his mouth but he can't catch it if its not thrown to him.

Keeping that stuff "in-house" is way different than spouting off to the media.

:thumb: I agree 100%.

I don't think it's fair to throw Chad Johnson in with those guys, he had some ugly in the comments this week after a disapointing game, but in general his talk is a lot more 'all-in-good-fun' than someone like Moss and he's not a cancer like TO.

It would be interesting to see if this is true when compared to Rudi and Rudi having success.

I believe Carson did throw him a bomb in last week's game and did he not let it go through his hands?

I have said that Chad is entertaining but when things start to not go his way, he will turn on Carson, the coaches and the like. And that is what he did.

Well Chad has been the leading receiving in the AFC the last few years, and the offense has been one of the tops in the league. Rudi this year is still one of the top people in rushing yards in the AFC, and Chad is not up there in receiving, and wow look the offense is not doing as good...

Carson did throw Chad a bomb and they called PI on the defense. So that dont go into the stats for Chad, but he created that long play to get down field. Then the week before he was wide open long and Carson just overthrew him. So there is reasons why he doesn't have his same numbers. Some is that he just is not gettin as many opportunities, and some is that him and Carson have just not been connecting. That still does not take away that he is one of the best receivers in the league, and I think that shows by teams still having to double him every week...

I have saw several reports over the years pertaining to his work ethic.He does work hard at what he does.Chad can't throw the ball to himself,if he could I'm sure he would.Carson is not looking for him as much this year for some reason.When he has been open and thrown to,it is thrown high or short a lot of times.What about the one catch he made yesterday that he lost his shoe on.Way over his head.If he would have caught the one that was intercepted he would probably been in the hospital today.Say what you want about his mouth but he can't catch it if its not thrown to him.

What about Marvin's comments that alluded to Chad not running the correct routes? When Chad was mouthing off 2-3 weeks back and Marvin was asked about Chad's comments, Marvin said something to the effect, "why don't we have the WR's run the correct routes."

Yeah, whatever.

Only punks toot their own horn. Grown men let their play on the field do the talking, end of story.

Why do people feel the need to defend the actions of guys like T.O., Randy Moss, Joe Horn, Jeremy Shockey, and Chad Johnson? Are these guys your role models? Regardless, whether they are or not, would you want your kids watching the way these guys act & thinking that is the way people genuinely behave?

I DO NOT want the NFL to be branded as a thug league the way NBA basketball has been of late, and this year these guys are bringing more trash to the table than game.

I wouldn't mind if my kid role modeled himself as Chad, as long as he also worked as hard as Chad...

As I said every player wants to be the best at what he does, and its just that Chad comes out and says what other people keep to their selves. So Chad must be a bad guy because he does it?

As a steeler-fan,,,take solace that he doesn't fumble the ones he does catch!:cry:

Look, last season was last season, don't you think that teams are a bit more prepared for the "go deep" mentality? You don't beat folks the same old way long in this league. With the OL issues Cincy has had, how can you expect to make those type of plays every week? To win consistently in this league, you must be balanced. You may get some W's on big plays every so often, but over the long haul, you must be balanced. IMO, as a non-Bengirl fan, I'd be more concerned with Henry or Housh beating me than Chad, as evidenced in the first meeting this season with the Steelers. He may be the 3rd best receiver on his team.

As a steeler-fan,,,take solace that he doesn't fumble the ones he does catch!:cry:

Look, last season was last season, don't you think that teams are a bit more prepared for the "go deep" mentality? You don't beat folks the same old way long in this league. With the OL issues Cincy has had, how can you expect to make those type of plays every week? To win consistently in this league, you must be balanced. You may get some W's on big plays every so often, but over the long haul, you must be balanced. IMO, as a non-Bengirl fan, I'd be more concerned with Henry or Housh beating me than Chad, as evidenced in the first meeting this season with the Steelers. He may be the 3rd best receiver on his team.

That very well may be true.

In the Bengals 4 wins, it seems Rudi has been more important than Chad.

Chad had 6 catches for 73, 5 for 48, 6 for 78 and 1 for 11.

Rudi had 28 for 96, 26 for 145, 19 for 47 and 26 for 101.

Also, the Bengals are two Kaservehern (sp??) interceptions from 2 wins and 6 losses.

Well if thats the case you have to say the samething about rudi, he isn't showing out like he should...