November 9, 200619 yr This is getting old, but there is no light for me to get to see. I really do not know what you are trying to convince me of at all in your post... I know Chad is a look at me type player, everybody knows that. But Chad has not done anything like the other look at me type players that seem to only care more about what he does than the team..That is the light that I am trying to get you to see... You admitting that he is a look at me type player and trying to get you to understand that football is the ultimate team sport where individual egos break teams down is where I'm coming from. I enjoy his entertainment side, it is great. I don't for a second think he is the ultimate teammate people on here try to make him out to be. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You are either a team player that blends in with the team or you are a guy that tries to draw attention to yourself as an individual which is not the definition of being a TEAM player. To me if he is a team player then he shuts his mouth and starts prodcuing consistantly which he hasn't done all year. I am also saying in my posts that it is embarrasing when you aren't producing but still running your mouth. Kind of like Mike Tyson at the end of his career. When you are on top then you might get in some people's head by running your smack. When you aren't producing but you run your mouth then you look like Chad did on the carpet watching Ed Reed trot into the endzone last Sunday! He's fun to watch, he is a great player, he works really hard but right now he isn't preforming the way he should, he looks dumb running his mouth and he is immature!
November 9, 200619 yr You admitting that he is a look at me type player and trying to get you to understand that football is the ultimate team sport where individual egos break teams down is where I'm coming from. I enjoy his entertainment side, it is great. I don't for a second think he is the ultimate teammate people on here try to make him out to be. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You are either a team player that blends in with the team or you are a guy that tries to draw attention to yourself as an individual which is not the definition of being a TEAM player. To me if he is a team player then he shuts his mouth and starts prodcuing consistantly which he hasn't done all year. I am also saying in my posts that it is embarrasing when you aren't producing but still running your mouth. Kind of like Mike Tyson at the end of his career. When you are on top then you might get in some people's head by running your smack. When you aren't producing but you run your mouth then you look like Chad did on the carpet watching Ed Reed trot into the endzone last Sunday! He's fun to watch, he is a great player, he works really hard but right now he isn't preforming the way he should, he looks dumb running his mouth and he is immature! So was that what you were trying to convince me of the whole time that he was a look at me type player? If that is true then you just wasted alot of your time my friend, because I never once said he wasn't a look at me type player. So a player who tries to draw attention to himself, and the organization is not a team player. If it wasn't for Chad the NFL and the media wouldn't have been looking at the Bengals at all until last years season. Chad has done alot of good things for the team, and that was getting the team notice. If he never talked or did anything this team wouldn't be a team that alot of people like...You can be a guy that talks and still be a team player.Did Deion Sanders not talk? Because Im pretty sure he did and well how many super bowl rings did he end up with?...Just because you do some talking does not mean that you are not a team player at all. There is nothing that says that to be a team player you cant talk at all. A team player is someone that would do whatever they can to help out the team. And that is what Chad has been doing. Earlier in the year when they was winning was he saying anything even though he wasn't getting the ball much then? No he was not, and now with the team struggling he has started to say stuff that is the truth. He just wants the chance to be able to make plays to be able to help out the team..Also you act like he has been saying stuff all year and not producing, when really he has only said stuff before 2 games this year, and one game he did back it up, and then the other game he didn't back it up. Finally one more time I want to talk about the team concept you brought up, because you act like the only way a team would be good is if they have no guys on the team that get attention. Well when really there has been teams that do win superbowls when they have guys on their team that get alot of attention but they are still team players. Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Jim McMahon, Joey Porter, etc... The Patriots are one of the only teams that haven't really had a player that sticks out for attention. And that is why the Patriots are a one of a kind team, and well their the only team that has been able to do that. Other than that most teams have a guy that sticks out and gets attention, but that doesn't mean that those players are not team players. I know there are some that are not team players like a T.O. and Moss, so it just makes people assume that Chad must be the same thing when really its not true. As I said before you just need to realize that in todays time period, there are players who are look at me type players, but that does not automatically mean they are not a team player...
November 9, 200619 yr Im done with this now though, because its obvious this is not getting anywhere. You only come back with the same stuff and say since he calls himself by a number he must not be a team player, etc. When really that shows nothing at all to say he is an all about himself player and not a team player. So this is just pointless and a waste of time to keep going back and forth...
November 9, 200619 yr Author Has there ever been an athlete that has ran their mouth and it turned out to be POSITIVE over the long term??? The only one that I can think of is Joe Namath.
November 9, 200619 yr Has there ever been an athlete that has ran their mouth and it turned out to be POSITIVE over the long term??? The only one that I can think of is Joe Namath. Ali Ali Ali Ali...........
November 9, 200619 yr Author Ali Ali Ali Ali........... HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THAT ONE. I need a slap upside the head emoticon for that one.
November 9, 200619 yr Chad Johnson is the Bengal's best offensive skill player...yes, he's better than Rudi, TJ, and anyone else. And he's right, they need to get him the ball more. Unless he suddenly forgot how to play receiver, or got old overnight, they should be able to get him the ball. Other teams do it with their great receivers...Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, etc...I'm gonna guess that they get every bit as much attention as Chad Johnson does from defenses. I don't agree with the way he went about making his point, but I do agree with the basic point. Without him, the Bengal offense would take a huge hit, IMO. That said, they have to get the O-line fixed. That, more than anything, is what is killing the Bengals this season. The defense needs to be better too, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to turn into the Steel Curtain this year. The O-line is problem #1. And unless they get it fixed quick, they'll be at home watching the playoffs, like me. They may not make it even if they start playing better. They've got their work cut out for them at this point, as it is.
November 9, 200619 yr Chad Johnson is the Bengal's best offensive skill player...yes, he's better than Rudi, TJ, and anyone else. And he's right, they need to get him the ball more. Unless he suddenly forgot how to play receiver, or got old overnight, they should be able to get him the ball. Other teams do it with their great receivers...Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, etc...I'm gonna guess that they get every bit as much attention as Chad Johnson does from defenses. I don't agree with the way he went about making his point, but I do agree with the basic point. Without him, the Bengal offense would take a huge hit, IMO. That said, they have to get the O-line fixed. That, more than anything, is what is killing the Bengals this season. The defense needs to be better too, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to turn into the Steel Curtain this year. The O-line is problem #1. And unless they get it fixed quick, they'll be at home watching the playoffs, like me. They may not make it even if they start playing better. They've got their work cut out for them at this point, as it is. Pretty good post, but Carson is the best offensive player on this team.
November 9, 200619 yr HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THAT ONE. I need a slap upside the head emoticon for that one. Ricky Henderson thought pretty highly of himself.
November 9, 200619 yr Author Ricky Henderson thought pretty highly of himself. But I wouldn't classify that as a positive situation.
November 9, 200619 yr But I wouldn't classify that as a positive situation. I'd trade my career and paycheck for his...... Other than being known as Cocky, Arrogant, and dumb, Ricky's made a pretty nice bed to sleep in.
November 9, 200619 yr Author I'd trade my career and paycheck for his...... Other than being known as Cocky, Arrogant, and dumb, Ricky's made a pretty nice bed to sleep in. Not talking about financial success but being viewed exactly as you said and having the reputation as not the greatest teammate in the world.
November 9, 200619 yr Chad Johnson is the Bengal's best offensive skill player...yes, he's better than Rudi, TJ, and anyone else. And he's right, they need to get him the ball more. Unless he suddenly forgot how to play receiver, or got old overnight, they should be able to get him the ball. Other teams do it with their great receivers...Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, etc...I'm gonna guess that they get every bit as much attention as Chad Johnson does from defenses. I don't agree with the way he went about making his point, but I do agree with the basic point. Without him, the Bengal offense would take a huge hit, IMO. That said, they have to get the O-line fixed. That, more than anything, is what is killing the Bengals this season. The defense needs to be better too, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to turn into the Steel Curtain this year. The O-line is problem #1. And unless they get it fixed quick, they'll be at home watching the playoffs, like me. They may not make it even if they start playing better. They've got their work cut out for them at this point, as it is. Gentlemen, you must admit that your butt better cash the checks that your mouth wrights every week if you are going to run it like that. Chad ran a read route up the sideline this week, broke it to the inside towards Ed Reed, and didn't attack the football high because he was scared. It went off his fingertips for an interception and a touchdown. They run the same play later, he breaks to the sideline, the ball is high again, and he goes up and makes the play. Point being is, alligator arming footballs across the middle is not backing up his mouth as a football player. Maybe what he really needs is a testicle check.:scared:
November 9, 200619 yr Has there ever been an athlete that has ran their mouth and it turned out to be POSITIVE over the long term??? The only one that I can think of is Joe Namath. Once again how is what he said a bad thing like you all are trying to make it to be. His teammates and even Marvin said they agree and that they need to get Chad involved more in the offense. What he said is the truth and there was nothing wrong with it...
November 10, 200619 yr NO DOUBT THEY NEED TO GET CHAD THE BALL MORE! It would be awsome if he didn't act like a big baby though! I like him, I cheer for him but he is talking too much smack and acting like to big of a baby for him to be producing the way he is right now!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.