November 10, 200619 yr On that play, no. I'd rather he pull back and keep playing the game than stretch out and not remember who he is. It's at least the 5th time Carson has put him in that situation this year... Helmet to helmet and his head bounced on the turf. Go watch it. He got hit as hard as he's ever gotton hit. The hit couldn't have been any harder without a weapon.
November 10, 200619 yr On that play, no. I'd rather he pull back and keep playing the game than stretch out and not remember who he is. It's at least the 5th time Carson has put him in that situation this year... If Ed McCafferty (sp) was dead he would role over in his grave on this post.
November 10, 200619 yr If Ed McCafferty (sp) was dead he would role over in his grave on this post. So now we're comparing him to a lifetime backup with three good seasons in a thirteen year career. Brilliant...
November 10, 200619 yr Helmet to helmet and his head bounced on the turf. Go watch it. He got hit as hard as he's ever gotton hit. The hit couldn't have been any harder without a weapon. Chad bailing saved him. I've watched it 10 times today, and it was not as brutal as it would have been...
November 10, 200619 yr Chad bailing saved him. I've watched it 10 times today, and it was not as brutal as it would have been... Thanks Call me fo yo free readin........................... Mr. Pot....................
November 10, 200619 yr So now we're comparing him to a lifetime backup with three good seasons in a thirteen year career. Brilliant... Ok he's average, and he would have tried to catch that.
November 10, 200619 yr Ok he's average, and he would have tried to catch that. Maybe that's why he averaged three catches a game for his career. And I highly doubt Elway was hanging him out to dry at least once a game...
November 11, 200619 yr TO catches that ball. TO doesn't lead the league in drops. TO has too much pride to miss a ball like that. I could be wrong but actually I think TO is up there in dropped passes this year. Or atleast he is up there in drop passes in key situations. He has dropped 2 passes this year that have completely affected the outcome of the game and they ended up losing...
November 11, 200619 yr I agree with both on this argument. I think that is a catch we usually see Chad gets. Its one of those balls when he usually goes up to get and then comes straight down backwards on his back. I think the hit he took against the Browns is still in his head now somewhat when he goes across the middle...But also Carson has to get the ball down, because that is how he get your receivers hurt. So yeah thats a ball that he probably could have caught IMO, but Carson shouldn't have put him in that situation...
November 14, 200619 yr This is from Chad Johnson after the last game... “The celebrations came last year because we were on a roll,” Johnson said after he rolled the Chargers for a Bengals-record 260 yards. “It all just fit right in. But to come out even though we’re winning and start the stuff again, things aren’t right.” So the people I have been arguing with for the past week about this. Do you still believe with what you all thought before the game? Or do you all start to see what I was saying during this whole thread now after seeing what Chad said...
November 14, 200619 yr Author This is from Chad Johnson after the last game... “The celebrations came last year because we were on a roll,” Johnson said after he rolled the Chargers for a Bengals-record 260 yards. “It all just fit right in. But to come out even though we’re winning and start the stuff again, things aren’t right.” So the people I have been arguing with for the past week about this. Do you still believe with what you all thought before the game? Or do you all start to see what I was saying during this whole thread now after seeing what Chad said... Saying is easy and is done all the time in professional sports. I was impressed on his first play how he simply handed the ball to the official and walked on. Actions speak more than words. I do wish he would have continued with it through the entire game and a Bengals victory. It seems wrong to be acting a fool when your team is not playing well.
November 14, 200619 yr Saying is easy and is done all the time in professional sports. I was impressed on his first play how he simply handed the ball to the official and walked on. Actions speak more than words. I do wish he would have continued with it through the entire game and a Bengals victory. It seems wrong to be acting a fool when your team is not playing well. :laugh: I like how you worded that...But after the second touchdown when he did do something it was when the team was still winning. Then after the game instead of talking and bragging about his game, he just talked about how it was not important since they lost...By some of your alls comments on here during the past week, you would have thought that he would have been bragging all on him self, because you all talked about how he put himself ahead of the team. I think this shows that he does not put himself ahead of the team at all like you all were trying to say before...
November 14, 200619 yr Author :laugh: I like how you worded that...But after the second touchdown when he did do something it was when the team was still winning. Then after the game instead of talking and bragging about his game, he just talked about how it was not important since they lost...By some of your alls comments on here during the past week, you would have thought that he would have been bragging all on him self, because you all talked about how he put himself ahead of the team. I think this shows that he does not put himself ahead of the team at all like you all were trying to say before... I will admit that he gave me a view of Chad Johnson I had not seen and stands in contrast to Moss and TO. I hope that it continues. My fear and I mentioned this at the beginning of the season is that if the struggles of the team continues, his frustration will build and we will see more outbursts of last week than the selfishness of this week. I hope I am proven wrong.
November 14, 200619 yr Author from Lance's website. http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp Marvin let them have it....last week Jay Glazer of FOX Sports Team sources told FOX NFL Sunday and FOXSports.com that after last week's game head coach Marvin Lewis, for the first time after a game all season, completely ripped into his team. According to the sources, Lewis implored his team to "stop worrying about 'me' and stop being so selfish." Lewis has kept his patience with his team despite having to deal with several interpersonal and off-field problems plaguing his locker room....that is, until last Sunday afternoon. Lewis also implored his team to control their emotions when they get frustrated and things go bad. Basically, if they are to head to the postseason they can't get unraveled when bad stuff happens.
November 14, 200619 yr ]I will admit that he gave me a view of Chad Johnson I had not seen and stands in contrast to Moss and TO.[/b] I hope that it continues. My fear and I mentioned this at the beginning of the season is that if the struggles of the team continues, his frustration will build and we will see more outbursts of last week than the selfishness of this week. I hope I am proven wrong. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.