Top Centers In State

Dane Spoelker does a fine job for the Rocks in a very complicated offense. He really takes charge and delivers the ball for a team that operates from the gun about 75% of the time. He follows in the large footsteps of guys like Kerry Pappas and Wes Duke in being the trigger man in Trinity's high octane offense.

FYI, his biggest play to date may have been for a tackle while on defense, He only had one, but it was a big one.:sssh:

Aaron Mullins for Breathitt County. 6'2" 225lbs. He has some of the best feet I have seen for an O line man. He's a little light in the britches but he makes up for it in fundamentals. He is pretty quick. He would probably make a great tight end in college.

Dane Spoelker does a fine job for the Rocks in a very complicated offense. He really takes charge and delivers the ball for a team that operates from the gun about 75% of the time. He follows in the large footsteps of guys like Kerry Pappas and Wes Duke in being the trigger man in Trinity's high octane offense.

FYI, his biggest play to date may have been for a tackle while on defense, He only had one, but it was a big one.:sssh:

Dane is 5'11", 244 pounds, his replacement Payton Schweitzer (Jr), 6'1" 217 pounds and has a frame to handle more is very capable at the center spot and will be one of the top centers next year.

I have to agree I personally think there is not a better center in the state than Kyle Pettit. I don't care what school they are from Highlands, Cov Cath, T, X. There is not a better center in the state than this kid. Not only a talented player, but he is a very intelligent kid. Where ever he goes there is a very good chance he will be an acedemic all american. Kyle is 6'3" 280lbs and strong as an ox.

I agree that Dane is one of the best centers in the state. Rumor has it that he may go to Western Ky.

IMO, I wished he didn't make that tackle!!

Franklin County's Austin Jones will probably not top the list on talent, but the responsibility and knowledge he has of the game and the deciscions he must make on friday night is extreme, he handles it well. on every play he decides when to snap the ball, snaps it, make a front call, protection call, and also calls the run blocking.

The center is a funny position. Most fans would never notice a center. Especially one who is doing a good job. But, when you have one that struggles he will stick out like a sore thumb!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

You said it Charlie!