Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Featured Replies

You’re not confused, you’re just being flippant.

 

You want to discuss it on here until someone actually has questions, then you call them flippant. Makes sense. :thumb:

  • Replies 299
  • Views 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You want to discuss it on here until someone actually has questions, then you call them flippant. Makes sense. :thumb:

 

I’ve been answering questions all day. :lol2:

You want to discuss it on here until someone actually has questions, then you call them flippant. Makes sense. :thumb:

 

To answer your original question about comedians, see posts 95 and 98.

For everybody prenteding not to understand why white people can’t say it (:lol2:), I’ll ask again... Women call each other the “B word” all the time, does that mean I can call women that to? If I do call them that, what does that say about me as a person?

Also, for that same group of people, what makes someone racist to you?

You want to discuss it on here until someone actually has questions, then you call them flippant. Makes sense. :thumb:

 

You’ve never had this conversation about the n word before?

You’ve never had this conversation about the n word before?

 

This is a new topic. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Also, for that same group of people, what makes someone racist to you?

 

Million dollar question.

Because they want to use it too without getting in trouble. It’s not fair that the blacks can use it and they can’t.

 

That's just dumb to me and a poor excuse. It's just further divide to me. It's a deplorable word than no one should say.

Black people absolutely can be racist and some are. I’d argue it’s a different kind of racism, but they can absolutely be racist.

 

Thank you for the reply. I pretty much agree. I've seen some really racist white people and some really racist black people over the years. It's ugly either way.

For everybody prenteding not to understand why white people can’t say it (:lol2:), I’ll ask again... Women call each other the “B word” all the time, does that mean I can call women that to? If I do call them that, what does that say about me as a person?

 

Heck, I hear people call women that a lot, have for decades. It's not remotely the same.

Also, for that same group of people, what makes someone racist to you?

 

What was said earlier, can't remember if it was you or not. Intent. Although I fully understand a black person being immediately offended by a white person using the N word. I maintain that the word should be offensive no matter who utters it, but I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Heck, I hear people call women that a lot, have for decades. It's not remotely the same.

 

It’s absolutely the same. Woman to woman, symbolizes sisterhood or togetherness. Man to woman, derogatory and inappropriate, decades of men trying to make women feel inferior.

 

Black to black, brother/sisterhood or togetherness. White to black, derogatory and inappropriate, decades of white people trying to make black people feel inferior.

What was said earlier, can't remember if it was you or not. Intent. Although I fully understand a black person being immediately offended by a white person using the N word. I maintain that the word should be offensive no matter who utters it, but I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

 

If a white person drops the n word regularly, but you deem the intent not to be malicious, you don’t consider them a racist?

I don't see a difference. He chose to say the actual word, instead of insinuating it. Does that make him a tiki torch waving racist? Not necessarily. But to at least somewhat understand the word's connotation and still choose to say it puts him in a category that I can't understand.

 

Maybe I just missed it; but, I thought he was in a private sensitivity training teleconference. The rules of sensitivity training sessions are too openly/privately discuss random thoughts and explore the impact of statements and actions of the past and present to avoid issues in the future. The N-word needs to disappear; but, to discuss it in sensitivity training is exactly the type of environment where real progress can be made toward its elimination.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.