Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Featured Replies

Papa John agreed to allow this happen rather than fight it

 

Probably trying to save face a bit. I don't think there's anything for him to gain fighting it.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is incredibly sensible! Cardinal Stadium.

 

I have always hated it when stadiums are called by the name of a corporation. I much prefer when they are called by the team name.

 

It will have a new "sponsor" at some point, I'm sure. But Cardinal Stadium is an easy decision for the time being.

It will have a new "sponsor" at some point, I'm sure. But Cardinal Stadium is an easy decision for the time being.

 

Yes it will, it is all about the money!!!!!!

We can talk about racism without uttering racially charged and offensive language.

 

Agree 100%. But, I was under the impression he uttered the word in quoting a public figure of the past that experienced no ridicule whatsoever. Perhaps a very poor example but an attempt showing how times have positively changed. Maybe I misread what he so poorly communicated.

Agree 100%. But, I was under the impression he uttered the word in quoting a public figure of the past that experienced no ridicule whatsoever. Perhaps a very poor example but an attempt showing how times have positively changed. Maybe I misread what he so poorly communicated.

I don't see a difference. He chose to say the actual word, instead of insinuating it. Does that make him a tiki torch waving racist? Not necessarily. But to at least somewhat understand the word's connotation and still choose to say it puts him in a category that I can't understand.

It will have a new "sponsor" at some point, I'm sure. But Cardinal Stadium is an easy decision for the time being.

 

Plus, if you look at the signage on the stadium, the papa johns logo was above the words "Cardinal Stadium". They don't want to pay for all new signage. Too easy a decision even for someone from u of l.

If Someone quotes one of Richard Prior’s jokes does that make the person a racist?

If Someone quotes one of Richard Prior’s jokes does that make the person a racist?

 

:popcorn:

I don’t know much about PJ, I tend to be a Larosas guy but he just crumbled his empire. You just have to be smarter than that. Pointing the finger at Colonel Sanders isn’t acceptable.

If Someone quotes one of Richard Prior’s jokes does that make the person a racist?

 

If a white person uses the n-word, that action is racist. Period.

 

However, that doesn't necessarily make that person a racist. A pattern over time is what makes a person (rather than just an action) racist.

 

Just my two cents.

I don’t know much about PJ, I tend to be a Larosas guy but he just crumbled his empire. You just have to be smarter than that. Pointing the finger at Colonel Sanders isn’t acceptable.

 

To be honest, does anyone outside of the local area care?

If a white person uses the n-word, that action is racist. Period.

 

However, that doesn't necessarily make that person a racist. A pattern over time is what makes a person (rather than just an action) racist.

 

Just my two cents.

 

So racism is selective?

So racism is selective?

 

I don’t understand your question...

  • Author
So racism is selective?

 

Racism is a mindset...an intent.

 

A kind of similar scenario of what Deuce is saying would be using "Jesus Christ". As a Catholic, if I say it in church or in prayer it's no big deal. But then if I was to get an email containing bad news at work and say it, it would be profanity. It's not exactly the same, but it just goes to show that who and how a word is used can change it completely. Still, the n-word remains different because of how and why the word came about all together.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.