"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read the articles on this. He wasn't calling anyone anything derogatory. He was saying "Hey I probably should stay out of the kneeling controversy" but he was just stating a fact that KFC seems to be doing just fine and Colonel Sanders said much worse. I'm not seeing the big deal. If it's a fact it's a fact.

Used to love the pizza as an apprentice making $7 an hour, but now that I've got a full time job I'll pay more for better quality.

I'd take a $5 Little Ceasars over a PJ, just something about them I can't stand. Sauce us way too sweet.

We eat LC $5 pizzas at least once a week. Kids absolutely love it

Little Caesars is every bit as good as Papa John's and half the cost.

Ive read the articles on this. He wasn't calling anyone anything derogatory. He was saying "Hey I probably should stay out of the kneeling controversy" but he was just stating a fact that KFC seems to be doing just fine and Colonel Sanders said much worse. I'm not seeing the big deal. If it's a fact it's a fact.

Used to love the pizza as an apprentice making $7 an hour, but now that I've got a full time job I'll pay more for better quality.

The reports on this sound as if he used the term in reference to someone or a group of people as an epithet. But when reading what he actually said, it seems like he is pointing out that someone else used the term, Colonel Sanders, and did not face negative consequences to his business. The problem is that he used the full term when reporting what Sanders actually said. However, he doesn't actually use the term himself in reference to anyone.

Isn't that a substantive difference? At the very least, this difference should be reported.

The reports on this sound as if he used the term in reference to someone or a group of people as an epithet. But when reading what he actually said, it seems like he is pointing out that someone else used the term, Colonel Sanders, and did not face negative consequences to his business. The problem is that he used the full term when reporting what Sanders actually said. However, he doesn't actually use the term himself in reference to anyone.

Isn't that a substantive difference? At the very least, this difference should be reported.

Depends on what news source you read. I saw where it was used in a role play situation? Either way not good in today's world.

I think that Little Caesars is too greasy. I've always preferred Papa John's. But I've eaten my last slice as long as he is affiliated with it in any way.

Agreed on Little Ceasars being too greasy. I've heard a lot of folks call it "Little Greasers". I think, oftentimes, that they don't put enough sauce on it either. I've always preferred Papa Johns for that reason.

For anyone that thinks LC is better than ANY other chain pizza place, not just PJ, please have your taste buds examined by a doctor ASAP. I have said this before, I really don't get the hate for PJ pizza.

Now, as for the topic... why all the hate from Louisville people over Schnatter? I have no clue about the guy so I have no opinion one way or another, but he seems to be really disliked.

Agreed on Little Ceasars being too greasy. I've heard a lot of folks call it "Little Greasers". I think, oftentimes, that they don't put enough sauce on it either. I've always preferred Papa Johns for that reason.

PJ is a FAR superior product, I don't think it's even close, especially when talking LC regular offerings. Some of their specialty stuff is better than their regular offerings, but not better than PJ in quality and taste. Price, sure...but it's a lot cheaper for a reason too.