"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

PJ is a FAR superior product, I don't think it's even close, especially when talking LC regular offerings. Some of their specialty stuff is better than their regular offerings, but not better than PJ in quality and taste. Price, sure...but it's a lot cheaper for a reason too.

Of course PJ has more offerings. But if we're talking a pepperoni pizza, PJ is not leaps and bounds better than LC, and especially not when PJ is more than double the price. IMO.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course PJ has more offerings. But if we're talking a pepperoni pizza, PJ is not leaps and bounds better than LC, and especially not when PJ is more than double the price. IMO.

Pizza for pizza, PJ is just far better IMO. Better ingredients, more of them, better taste, etc. Now maybe the LC's near me are just awful and maybe there are better locations out there, I don't know, but any I have had all seem to be pretty much the same to me...almost flavorless with little ingredients on them.

And yes, PJ is overpriced for sure.

Pizza for pizza, PJ is just far better IMO. Better ingredients, more of them, better taste, etc. Now maybe the LC's near me are just awful and maybe there are better locations out there, I don't know, but any I have had all seem to be pretty much the same to me...almost flavorless with little ingredients on them.

And yes, PJ is overpriced for sure.

I mean if I'm really craving pizza, I'm not going to either one of those places. :lol2:

The reports on this sound as if he used the term in reference to someone or a group of people as an epithet. But when reading what he actually said, it seems like he is pointing out that someone else used the term, Colonel Sanders, and did not face negative consequences to his business. The problem is that he used the full term when reporting what Sanders actually said. However, he doesn't actually use the term himself in reference to anyone.

Isn't that a substantive difference? At the very least, this difference should be reported.

No differnce to me. You will never hear me utter that word under any circumstance.

No differnce to me. You will never hear me utter that word under any circumstance.

Same here.

I will never say it either. But I do think there is a difference if someone uses it as an epithet or is reporting that someone else said it. There is a difference between someone saying, "Oldgrappler is a dinosaur" and someone saying, "I heard C_W_B and T b (and gold) call og a dinosaur." The first is a statement of the speaker's opinion. The second is a second-hand report of another person using the term.

Huge difference between the two. This seems to be why the Chair of the U of L Board of Trustees said he is confident that this did not reflect Schnatter's personal view or values.

I do not know what Schnatter actually said but the story I read indicated he was reporting what someone else said and commenting that that person did not face consequences for using the term as an epithet. If so, it does not seem to be fair or honest to report it as if he used the term on his own as an epithet. While you can be angry that he used the term at all, there is a meaningful difference between the two uses.

BTW, I had no idea who Schnatter was before this came out or that he owned Papa John's Pizza or that he had anything to do with U of L athletics.

I will never say it either. But I do think there is a difference if someone uses it as an epithet or is reporting that someone else said it. There is a difference between someone saying, "Oldgrappler is a dinosaur" and someone saying, "I heard C_W_B and T b (and gold) call og a dinosaur." The first is a statement of the speaker's opinion. The second is a second-hand report of another person using the term.

Huge difference between the two. This seems to be why the Chair of the U of L Board of Trustees said he is confident that this did not reflect Schnatter's personal view or values.

I do not know what Schnatter actually said but the story I read indicated he was reporting what someone else said and commenting that that person did not face consequences for using the term as an epithet. If so, it does not seem to be fair or honest to report it as if he used the term on his own as an epithet. While you can be angry that he used the term at all, there is a meaningful difference between the two uses.

BTW, I had no idea who Schnatter was before this came out or that he owned Papa John's Pizza or that he had anything to do with U of L athletics.

My read of the article was the same as yours. If we are correct, than my immediate thoughts are ..."we have to be able to talk about racism and all its' ugliness, if we are ever going to eliminate it."