Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Featured Replies

Maybe I just missed it; but, I thought he was in a private sensitivity training teleconference. The rules of sensitivity training sessions are too openly/privately discuss random thoughts and explore the impact of statements and actions of the past and present to avoid issues in the future. The N-word needs to disappear; but, to discuss it in sensitivity training is exactly the type of environment where real progress can be made toward its elimination.

 

You don’t have to say the word for everyone to know what you mean. As for what went on in that meeting, I don’t trust Schnatter’s word as far as I can throw him. He said it openly and freely. That wasn’t the first time, just the first time it was recorded.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s absolutely the same. Woman to woman, symbolizes sisterhood or togetherness. Man to woman, derogatory and inappropriate, decades of men trying to make women feel inferior.

 

Black to black, brother/sisterhood or togetherness. White to black, derogatory and inappropriate, decades of white people trying to make black people feel inferior.

 

Disagree. I still hear guys say that jokingly to women and the women don't get upset. Maybe it's different with people you know, but I see it often and all ages.

If a white person drops the n word regularly, but you deem the intent not to be malicious, you don’t consider them a racist?

 

I view them the same I view black people that drop the word all the time. Racist and offensive. If you use that word as part of your everyday vocabulary, you have a problem in your heart. I don't care what color your skin is.

I view them the same I view black people that drop the word all the time. Racist and offensive. If you use that word as part of your everyday vocabulary, you have a problem in your heart. I don't care what color your skin is.

 

Not sure how black people can be racist towards black people. Just another point we disagree on.

Disagree. I still hear guys say that jokingly to women and the women don't get upset. Maybe it's different with people you know, but I see it often and all ages.

 

Agree to disagree.

Maybe I just missed it; but, I thought he was in a private sensitivity training teleconference. The rules of sensitivity training sessions are too openly/privately discuss random thoughts and explore the impact of statements and actions of the past and present to avoid issues in the future. The N-word needs to disappear; but, to discuss it in sensitivity training is exactly the type of environment where real progress can be made toward its elimination.

Again, I disagree. Sensitivity training or not, I will never utter that word. We all make choices. He chose to say it. I choose to lose respect for him.

You don’t have to say the word for everyone to know what you mean. As for what went on in that meeting, I don’t trust Schnatter’s word as far as I can throw him. He said it openly and freely. That wasn’t the first time, just the first time it was recorded.

Exactly. There was no need for him to say it.

That's just dumb to me and a poor excuse. It's just further divide to me. It's a deplorable word than no one should say.

 

The only time the divide comes up concerning this word is when white people use it or try to rationalize why they can’t use it. It’s simple to me. I never use the saltine equivalent slur like George Jefferson used to and I never use the H word that rhymes with donkey. I expect the same from caucasians in reverse. It’s called respect.

This word needs to die on the vine and be erased from everyone’s vocabulary. It needs to go. But everyone has to be on board with it, not just a few. Saying it’s different for blacks to use it than whites because it’s similar to a brotherhood/sisterhood thing is a poor excuse imo. It’s too offensive regardless of the context.

Disagree. I still hear guys say that jokingly to women and the women don't get upset. Maybe it's different with people you know, but I see it often and all ages.

 

I hear white people say it jokingly to black people and they don’t get upset. I’m not seeing a difference just because of that.

Not sure how black people can be racist towards black people. Just another point we disagree on.

 

Oh that happens too. Trust me......

I view them the same I view black people that drop the word all the time. Racist and offensive. If you use that word as part of your everyday vocabulary, you have a problem in your heart. I don't care what color your skin is.

 

Couldn’t disagree more.

Maybe I just missed it; but, I thought he was in a private sensitivity training teleconference. The rules of sensitivity training sessions are too openly/privately discuss random thoughts and explore the impact of statements and actions of the past and present to avoid issues in the future. The N-word needs to disappear; but, to discuss it in sensitivity training is exactly the type of environment where real progress can be made toward its elimination.

 

So basically you’re saying that he isn’t smart enough to just say “n word” instead of saying the actual word?

All I see are a bunch of excuses for people who don’t have the intellectual capabilities of knowing when you can and can’t be offensive. There isn’t a person in this thread who hasn’t said something that would offend someone but I bet you that everyone in this thread learned one way or another how, when and where to say offensive things. I say offensive things all of the time but I’m not stupid enough to say offensive things in front of the wrong people.

 

 

Is common sense really disappearing as rapidly as it seems?

 

Edit: Hell, don’t answer that last question.

So I got a couple dislikes for my post. I'm fine with that. But would someone please post the definition of the word that is in question here?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.